Michael Jackson's Burial Place Is As Colorful As Him

Posted by: Chris Palmeri on September 2, 2009

The King of Pop is being laid to rest on Sept 3 in a cemetery as colorful as him—the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, Calif. The century-old property features a life-sized replica of Michelangelo’s David, a reproduction of da Vinci’s The Last Supper that lights up every half hour and a museum that’s devoted its space to everything from the Crown Jewels of England to a celebration of 1950s American Tiki culture.

Credit Hubert Eaton, a manager of the property in the early part of the past century. A former mining engineer, he decided all the head stones should be flat bronze plaques. He coined the term memorial park because he thought the word cemetery sounded depressing. He encouraged weddings at the property—Ronald Reagan married Jane Wyman there. Eaton himself is buried in the main chapel—in Westminster Abbey-like fashion under the altar—next to a collection of VIPs that includes Gutzon Borglum, carver of Mount Rushmore.

Jackson will join many other celebs at Forest Lawn, although the cemetery doesn’t actually encourage star gazing. I can remember trying to find Humphrey Bogart’s simple marker. A friend and I jumped over a gated section of the property. I landed on Mary Pickford. There was classical music playing in the compound, although the gates were locked and no other living people were present. Who knows what they’ll play now that Michael is there?

MOONWALKER

September 2, 2009 10:45 PM

SO

Igerna

September 2, 2009 11:37 PM

The choice for his resting place, is the perfect place for him. Hopefully some day tours of his resting place would be put in place; but not disturbing the privacy of other loveones. May he rest in peace.

I hope the authorities goes beyond the accused Dr. Yes he may have administered the drug and unknowingly Michael may have taken another drug. All Doctors who encouraged him and not actually helped him should pay a heavy fine and if they cannot afford it send them to prison and that will help legislators to make the drug industry users more responsible and liable for deaths.

Lori

September 3, 2009 12:14 AM

So sad tat Michael Jackson life was cut to short from him he left behind 3 wonderful children tat loved him so much he is being taken care above by angles espically Jesus right by his side.
May he rest in peace

La Tania

September 3, 2009 2:30 AM

My heart goes out too the family,friends,fans of the late King of Pop Michael Jackson. I got too see his sister Janet in concert and was hoping to see Michael Jackson in concert. At least King of Pop had a peaceful burial.His legacy will live on forever. He brought so much joy too people lives all over the world. He brought so much hope,joy too all of the kids all over the world.And for the Michael Jackson we love you dearly. R.I.P

bernadette

September 3, 2009 2:54 AM

michael's burial should be as colorfull as his life,,eventhough its only to his closed relatives and friends,,,people should see it even in pics what had happen during the ceremony

mark saturday

September 3, 2009 6:35 AM

rest in peace finally mike jackson we love you ,say hi to everyone else for us thanks for all the memories.

Quinn

September 3, 2009 8:00 AM

Oh my gosh! thanks for the location i realy have to visit is grave! Because im not even kidding you i am his biggest fan in the world!

Parthenia

September 3, 2009 9:54 AM

Well the day is here and even though I'm sad I am happy that Michael can be laid to rest. The media talked so much about him maybe now they will leave him alone. Now they talk about the kids and their names. Sick just sick. Jackson's I send my condolence to all of you. He's in Allah's hands now. At peace!!!!!I will say a prayer just for Michael. I've never never prayed for a celeb but Michael was SO much more then just a celeb. Assam lama lakum(peace be unto you) Michael Joseph Jackson.

Fred

September 3, 2009 12:54 PM

Please don't inundate the cemetery; some of us have loved ones buried there.

123xyz

September 3, 2009 1:00 PM

SO, it seems like a nice place. For some, it's nice to know they'll be in a nice place. The living relatives and friends might know too that its a nice place. SO, some care, some don't. SO.

snowflakes

September 3, 2009 1:40 PM

May be now they would leave micheal alone.what more can we say? just to thank God for a life well spent. The truth is that people like micheal don't live long and God also has a way of taking them early before they lose their target. His life is worth celebrating. But what about comrad murray? should he be prosecuted? i dont think it's worthwhile...

Michelle

September 3, 2009 4:15 PM

A place fit for a king. Our King.

Blair Westlake

September 3, 2009 4:19 PM

Ronald and Nancy Reagan were married at The Little Brown Church In the Valley, on Coldwater Canyon Ave., Studio City, CA - on March 4, 1952, not Forest Lawn Memorial Park.

Sharon from Co Kerry in Ireland

September 3, 2009 4:46 PM

Well, I guess today really is the day to say farewell to the beautiful kind, warm hearted Michael Jackson. Even
without his amazing entertainment and wonderful memories...I will miss Michael the man, the humanitarian who really did try to make
our world a better place!
May you FINALLY be at peace Michael!
I have cried so many tears....,if tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane- I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again <3
God only chooses the best Angels to be with him, that's why he chose you.
I will love you and miss you forever!

You be good up there and show my Mum how to
moonwalk??

God will take care of you now, God bless you, and from us all/ thankyou
Sleep well Angel x x x

Karen

September 3, 2009 6:22 PM

Michael our hearts are broken that you were taken from us so young, we wanted you here forever. Your life was cut short by an incompetent doctor when all you wanted was rest. We will always miss you and when we get lonely for you will take comfort in the many musical works of art you left us. May God Bless and keep you safe Michael, Your Mother and your family will take very good care of your children, Prince, Paris and Blanket. They are very loved. You are safe now Michael all your worries of this world are over, I know in my heart you are in heaven. You are so deeply loved Michael by the entire planet, your message of love will remain with us forever, Thank you Lord for sending Michael to us. Until we meet again Michael, we love you.

jonny rocket

September 3, 2009 7:25 PM

"landed on mary pickford"

LOL, ya right.

Kojo sackey

September 4, 2009 7:45 PM

Gud bye my brother,u'll live 4eva in Ghana through me......

Elaine

September 5, 2009 11:19 AM

Michael, u touched our lives with your heart & your love of music. Your talent was impeccable & you will live on in my heart forever. You touched our lives in so many ways.I play your music everyday & miss you oh so much, as do many others in this world. Rest in Peace "Michael Jackson" Our Beloved "King of Pop" .X. "Forever In Our Heart" .X.

kev

September 7, 2009 7:32 AM

Blair Westlake should be advised that the passage mentioned Ronald Reagan and Jane Wyman as having married at Forest Lawn not Nancy Reagan.

JaCkie

September 7, 2009 6:02 PM

may the good Lord bless you missing you but God loves you most

Building Materials Supplies

September 8, 2009 5:03 AM

RIP Michael,

You built your carrier on great songs.

And we all love you for your talent

Roslyn Brown

September 9, 2009 12:51 PM

RIP The world will never be the same without you. You will live in my heart forever....

Valon Nixon

September 9, 2009 12:58 PM

There will never be... another "King"like Michael......Our King of Pop, is watching over us in the hands of "God" Your music brought happiness to our life.....
you have left a legacy of memories until we meet you on the other side.... RIP
I love you Michael forever.....

Roslyn Nixon

September 9, 2009 2:26 PM

Our belove Michael Jackson RIP
On June 25th when you lefted us. I asked God Why?... Why Micheal? Someone so sweet and wonderful.... that is loved by all the entire world.... then I heard your voice singing " You are not alone...
tears flowed one after the other until my eyes began to swell..... and I could hear a voice so soft whispering and saying.............."Don't cry anymore"

"WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME"
When tomorrow starts without me and I'm not there to see. If the sun should rise and find your eyes all filled with tears for me. I wish so much you wouldn't cry the way you did today, while thinking of the many things we didn't get to say. I know how much you love me, as much as I love you. And each time that you think of me , I know you'll miss me too. But when tomorrow starts without me, please try to understand.. that an Angel came and called my name and took me by the hand. She said my place was ready in heaven far above... and that I would have to leave behind all those I dearly love. But as I turned to walk away a tear fell from my eye..For all my life I always thought I did not want to die. I had so much to live for.. so much yet to do... It seemed almost impossible that I was leaving you. I thought of all the yesterdays the good ones and the bad... I thought of all the love I shared with my children and all the fun we had. If I could relive yesterday just even for a while I would say goodbye and kiss them and maybe see Paris,Prince Michael,and Blanket smile.
But then I finally realized that this could never be... for emptiness and memories would take the place of me...and when I thought of worldly things that I might miss that come of tomorrow... I thought of my children, my mother, my sisters, my brothers, and when I did my heart was filled with sorrow. But when I walked through Heavens gates I felt so much at home...When God looked down and smiled at me from his great golden throne.. He said at last my child you are finally home. He also said; this is eternity... and all I have promised you. Today for life on earth is past but here starts
anew. I promise no tomorrow, but today will alway last. But you have been so faithful, so trusting, so giving, and so true. Though there were sometimes... you did somethings ...that you were to tired to do.. But still you touched so many lives and had such a big heart. It time to rest my child...and give it all to me....But you have been forgiven, and now at last you're free. So want you take my hand, and share your life with me? This is forever Peace in Eternity... From Michael
"The King of Pop" To my children,my mother,my sisters,my brothers, and to my fans all over the world...... When you feel sad or all alone just remember...............
"So when tomorrow starts without me" don't think we are far apart... for every time you think of me ... I am right here in your heart.So please don't cry for me anymore....Listen to my music and smile. My new Mansion is in heaven... my address will be posted on every page...where ever you turn to look up Jesus you will find me near.He holding me in the palm of his hand.. I am happy and of good cheer..all I wanted to do is to rest. and now it has come to pass. My father has given me what I've asked for and now I'm free atlast.The lights are bright and the music is loud...the streets are paved of beautiful gold... I'll be singing in the heavenly choir in concert from this moment on. I will be waiting at the gates to meet all of you someday... I love you ...and you love me.. and I"ve always said.... I love you more.... But God loves me the best.

giggles

September 30, 2009 8:42 AM

it pains me alot whenever i remembered that king of pop is no more.
michael rest in peace till we meet to part no more

Ibrahim Isah

October 8, 2009 6:01 AM

It is a great pain that our kink is no longer alive, rest in peace

louisannet kalunta

November 9, 2009 1:36 PM

ur death michael,will forever live in my heart,have tried so much to eschew it from my memorie but i stil cannot.

Aradhana

November 29, 2009 12:09 PM

I have nothing to say except that I love u michael and will do till my last breath.Miss u MJ a lot.............

Evang. Okey Ezeigbo

December 10, 2009 3:30 PM

Michael has gone home. But let us have a look at ourselves. Are we prepared to meet the Lord at anytime like Michael. If we dont have JESUS, no hope for us and we are doomed forever. Therefore, let us make the right preparation by accepting JESUS CHRIST as our LORD and Saviour and then wait for Death at anytime then becoming winners and not loosers. God bless.

King of Pop Addict

December 13, 2009 6:36 AM

Michael, thank you.

Pamela Musiimenta

December 31, 2009 10:49 AM

We miss you Micheal. You still live in our hearts.