Jim Cramer Has Lost It: Nobody Should Feel Sorry For a Man With His Own Plane

Posted by: David Kiley on December 4, 2006

cramer.jpg

Anyone catch Jim Cramer’s appearance on Imus in the Morning today? The host of “Mad Money”, on Imus to flog his book, came to near tears as he moaned to Imus about how his homelife was in a shambles (Cramer seems to hint that he had an affair), that he is on an anti-depressant and he has had to “tone down” his energy. “I have to realize I’m not a machine,” said Cramer, his voice cracking. He also said the last time he was on the show, his life was a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Now, it’s a six, he said. And he’s hoping for an 8.

Memo to Cramer: Shut The Hell Up. You have…what….like a billion dollars? Quoting Anthony Hopkins from a truly terrible movie, “The Edge”: “Never Feel Sorry for a Man With His Own Plane.”

I don’t know if Cramer actually has his own plane, but I’m willing to make a bet that he is at least flying NetJets around the country.

You want to know who has a 3 life or below on a scale of 1 to 10 Jimbo?….Take a visit to Walter Reade Hospital or read the Times Neediest Cases articles in The New York Times.

If Jim Cramer is unhappy, on the verge of tears, because he’s a workaholic and broke up his marriage, so be it. But he, a guy who will never want for anything, looks like a total ass on a national radio/TV program expecting other people to care about his infidelity and the unhappiness it has caused him. When a guy that pompous and rich takes to national airwaves about how tough his life is…you know what the folks say?…..BOOYAH!

Open up a can of Shut-up cola , and take a swig Jimbo.

JLS

December 5, 2006 1:16 AM

hahahaha. This is the funnies article I think I have ever read. Well said though.

Soulchef

December 8, 2006 5:47 PM

Wow! John Daly gets to be a pro golfer, alcoholic, mad gambler, loose two wives and he's still a the fan favorite. Yet you can't cut this guy some slack for being human? Did he make his money by his own hard work? Did he make sacrifices to be successful? Does he regret some of his decisions and the effect it had on those close to him? Yea...But because he's rich he can't be human? You need a long look in the mirror fellow. Your an asshat.

Mike

December 19, 2006 11:28 PM

Man, you are an a@#. It really doesn't matter how much money a person has, there will still be ups and downs. Get off Cramer. He is a brilliant man and a charitable man. He hit some lows, and now will soar.

Hunter

December 21, 2006 4:56 AM

I, for one, really miss hearing his podcasts which he stopped last week. He has given so much energy to the market, to the idea that any Joe-Schmoe could actually make some money on investing. Your column sounds like sour grapes back-biting. Jim may not always be right but his attitude IS. Yours, on the other hand, sucks big time.

Jim, on the off-chance you see this: I appreciate all you've done and hope that you work things out. Keep the books, The Street columns, & video commentaries coming. And of course ignore the jealous pissants out there.

One Grateful Listener in Tokyo

Charles H. Ross

February 6, 2007 7:38 PM

OK this is ridiculous...

Came on to flog his book? When the last time someone was asked to come on a show to talk about their book, well maybe not for someone like Jim Cramer who gives all his money away, huh.

He didn't say his home life was in shambles, he DID NOT hint that he was having an affair I have no idea how you came to that. And saying he's on an "anti-depressant" isn't fair your making it sound like he's some sad case, it was for mania that should be included in the article instead of putting it next to the sentence by using "and", that should be "because" but it just isn't that exciting I guess for you.

His voice was a bit shaky I would be too if I were talking to that many people about myself. I guess your some humble filled guy who always goes to talk to millions of people over the air about himself all the time or is an authority on people's voices.

Jim Cramer does not have his own plane, he even says that he doesn't really spend money on anything, only on vacations for his family and they'll charter a jet or go first class, nothing wrong with that or making $150 million but that doesn't mean your automatically set. Financial freedom is a great thing but that doesn't mean you find happiness, just less stress. And quoting movies is quite lame when you’re trying to be so superior even if you start with "terrible movie".

And saying that just because he said he wasn't doing perfectly but was a 6 out of 10 in his life right now that that means he somehow cares so much about himself... He gives all his money away to charity's like what more could you possible want. He "gives away everything he makes" and just said he was giving another check to Imus kids cancer fund (he's given over $100,000 already to it) in some days. Sounds pretty selfish right?

Jim Cramer was never on the verge of tears in this sit down and didn't discuss marriage. He was talking about his life story and struggles he had to go through like having 2 diseases because he had no health care, he had a huge patch on his body and was living out of his car and had everything robbed of him by a break in, and he was able to get help from his sister so that's who the book was dedicated to, the thing he's partly there to talk about and he was even asked about his sister being cited in the book. He's being asked to talk about all this stuff and then when he gives an honest answer he has to be shot down for that?

Maybe your just mad because he lost some weight, maybe your mad because nobody cares as much about a condescending piece writing man like yourself, whatever it is Jim Cramer is more the man then you'll ever be.

Booyah Skidaddy

Adam Bojanowski

February 20, 2007 2:01 PM

First off I have to say that I was initially anti-Cramer. I saw this man on TV screaming his head off about any and every security there is to trade. I grew up reading the books One Up on Wall Street and the Intelligent Investor. Peter Lynch and Warren Buffet were the men I wanted to model my career after. But then I decided to give Jim Cramer a chance. I read the book Confessions of a Street Addict. It was the most real and inspiring book I have ever read. I could almost feel the emotion, pain, and triumph that Cramer went through. At one time he was one of the best on wall street. His only problem was his work ethic. It was too good. All he was concerned with in life was how to make another million on a stock. He lost the true meaning of investing. Money just something that makes life a little bit easier. It provides us with the means to retire and enjoy the company of our family and friends. It gives opportunity for people to send their children to college. Jim Cramer realized that he had lost his way. He had been overcome by greed and it was affecting his family. Cramer realized this and got out. It was one of the smartest moves he ever made.
When Jim Cramer makes a recommendation, you have to realize that the recommendation is not for everyone. He explains that every show. He does not know your exact financial status. He provides a large array of investment advice, from value to growth to speculation. Cramer also ALWAYS tells his watchers to do at least one hour of research on each stock you own every week.
I will always keep the wisedom that I have learned from guru's like Lynch and Buffet. But the financial world needs to open their eyes and make room for guys like Cramer. He make investing fun and interesting. Motion creates emotion. Cramer's enthusiasm makes his listeners want to go out learn more about the stock market so that they can make educated decisions.

Cramer Hater

February 25, 2007 9:12 AM

Jim Cramer is the most annoying person on earth...and he is a big flip-flopper when it comes to stock recommendations.

stocktagger

April 23, 2007 9:30 AM

Must be doing something right, or he wouldn't leave behind such an impressive record http://www.stocktagger.com

christina

May 5, 2007 2:44 PM

Man - you can almost smell the envy in this article. Someone does well and IS NOT allowed to have any imperfections. Nice. :(

Holly Morris

May 20, 2007 7:48 PM

I would challenge anyone to watch just five of Jim's Mad Money shows and not be able to say you like the guy. He comes across sincere, caring and just plain fun. He has made investing for both myself and my husband excitingly worthwhile, and a joy. We are no longer worried that we are unable to make our own strategic stock choices. Jim has his finger on the pulse of the market and is able to teach the methods of investing to the regular guy. The market, both domestic and international, is no longer mysterious and frightening. Everyone can take control of their financial lives and be in control of thier finances.
Jim is a common man having the same personal concerns we all experience throughout our lives, along with having the extraordinary intellectual capacity for investing.

jay

December 30, 2007 1:30 AM

cramer is the master schill. he feeds these drones high momentum stocks while peddling his books ans subscriptions. he's just the current con man of the hour.

Eric

January 13, 2008 2:14 PM

Do the opposite of what Cramer says and you'll make money like I do.

Bob

March 8, 2008 6:46 AM

To be a successful investor/trader, you must have a plan. Taking tips from water cooler discussions or watching television programs is of limited use. For all of his theatrics, Cramer does offer interesting observations about Wall Street. They apparently aren't very popular observations or they wouldn't have riled so many in such a short time. You don't have to follow his stock picks. You don't have to watch his program or buy his books. Confucius said, "A smart man learns by his mistakes; a wise man learns by the mistakes of others". So be it with Cramer.

mark

March 14, 2008 4:14 PM

this c***s****r needs to STF . He is only good in a bull mkt. He is a disaster in bear mkts....check his autobio book for how his trader wife saved his bacon in the last bear mkt.
This SOB on Wed 3/12/08 was telling his listeners (me included) to HOLD Bear Stearns in spite of some recent bad press about it.....and then it crashes two days later (today). Thanks for nothing you god D*** shill.

scott

April 30, 2008 2:03 AM

I use to look forward to Cramer's show every week night and consider many of his stock picks. He now has lost my respect over the last couple months recommending a list of "Recession proof stocks" Just about every damn one of them including Genentech (DNA) have fallen off the charts badly. I cringe every time I look at my Cramer portfolio and see the losses I have endured. Too much hype and way too much back peddling. I respect his work ethic but I don't trust a thing he says anymore.

workedlate

September 17, 2008 1:39 PM

I don't think it is envy. I think people are just getting tired of self absorbed media fabrications that continually lose people money with there "opinions" and as of sept 2008, cramer has been wrong for over 1 year straight and has become the master at word manipulation to try and defend himself. He could do a lot of good if he was such a "genius". Fact is most people of so clueless or busy with career to manage their own money that they will give it to the bozo with the biggest mouth. Tom Brown manages money too and was their ever a time he made money for clients, doubt it, keep tooting bottome call of july 15 2008