Twitter isn?? Facebook yet. But if you haven?? been there, the site is becoming a terrific place to keep up on celebs. Like who? Like Martha Stewart, Al Gore, and Shaquille O??eal. And Britney Spears, who writes on Mar. 9: ??ent shopping in Coral Gables, bought some purses and sunglasses!?/p>
More names in the world of innovation and design are tweeting on Twitter, too (in 140 characters or less). Here are an even dozen I and my BW colleagues have come across, in alphabetical order.
* Chris Anderson, curator of the annual Technology, Entertainment, and Design Conference, @TEDchris. Twitter data: 5,122 followers; 344 updates. Sample tweet: Our 400th TED talk posting is truly special. Aimee Mullins and her 12 pairs of legs. Disabled? The opposite. http://is.gd/mSAT
* Scott Anthony, president of Innosight, @sda222. Twitter data: 124 followers; 5 updates. Sample tweet: Victim of customer service cost cutting? Hertz and AmEx got me. Love to hear your story on my blog at http://tinyurl.com/cjdc75.
* Chris Beard, chief innovation officer Mozilla, @cbeard. Twitter data: 47 followers; 22 updates. Sample tweet: This person has protected their updates. You need to send a request before you can start following this person.
* John Seeley Brown, co-chairman of the Deloitte Center for Edge Innovation, @jseelybrown. Twitter data: 229 followers; 17 updates. Sample tweet: did this technique (see last tweet) remind anyone else of Feynman diagrams - as a metaphor, of course?
* Peter Diamandis, founder and CEO of the X Prize Foundation, @PeterDiamandis. Twitter data: 424 followers; 70 updates. Sample tweet: just finished an X PRIZE briefing to TED breakfast
* John Hagel, co-chairman of the Deloitte Center for Edge Innovation, @jhagel. Twitter data: 184 followers; 133 updates. Sample tweet: saw reality mining powerfully integrating networks of places and people, making spikes even more irresistible http://tinyurl.com/5mfxgq
* Jeff Jarvis, author and blogger, @jeffjarvis Twitter data: 11,236 followers; 2,132 updates. Sample tweet: Off to WGBH then Harvard Law. I'm out of my IQ depth. Posing.
* John Kao, author of Innovation Nation, @johnkao. Twitter data: 90 followers; 4 updates. Sample tweet: Recovering from Nobel festivities. Those Norwegians really know how to throw a party. Up til 4 am, then caught the 740 am flight home.
* Philip McKinney, CTO at Hewlett-Packard's personal systems group, @philmckinney. Twitter data: 202 followers. 105 updates. Sample tweet: Just posted a new podcast on "Using Creativity To Create A Killer Career" ... visit www.killerinnovations.com to learn more ...
* Dwayne Spradlin, CEO of InnoCentive, @dspradlin001. Twitter data: 17 followers; 6 updates. Sample tweet: My big question from "Future of Journalism" conference: Are elements of professional journalism necessary in this new web 2.0 era?
* James Todhunter, CTO of Invention Machine, @jamestodhunter. Twitter data: 132 followers; 618 updates. Sample tweet: The road of innovation has many twists and turns. Always reevaluate your direction and remember it is never too late to do the right thing.
* Mark Turrill, CEO of Imaginatik, @mark_turrell Twitter data: 149 followers. 326 updates. Sample tweet: playing with ideas for a fashion shoot to highlight water issues, combined with viral marketing campaign on the internet