Businessweek Archives

Snooper salvation for MySpace crowd

? Needed: hardware and software advice |

Main

| Journal writer defends blogs--and points to his own ?

February 27, 2006

Snooper salvation for MySpace crowd

Stephen Baker

For months I've been watching the comments trickle in to a post I wrote about MySpace in September. Almost all are like this:

i really really want to know who viewed my profile.. can you help me how?

These people clearly found the post in a search engine and were looking for answers. The trouble was, it was the people with questions, and not those with the answer, who were finding us. Textbook asynchronicity. Who, after all, does a Google search looking for questions to answer? Well, one finally showed up yesterday. So, for all you MySpacers out there, here's the word from Aaron:

There is a program that will allow you to view who has viewed your page at what time and day. www.profilesnoop.com

UPDATE FROM READER: "Profilesnoop doesn't work anymore. The embedded flash files get cut out when you add it to your profile." Anyone have other answers?

05:54 AM

comments

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Posted by: James at February 27, 2006 08:07 AM

The Site doesnt work anymore why is this????

Posted by: vanessa at February 28, 2006 12:24 PM

its back up and running again, check it out

www.profilesnoop.com

Posted by: haha sure at March 25, 2006 05:36 AM

In order for profile snoop to work, does the image saying "your visit to this profile is being tracked by profile snoop" have be present?

Posted by: marie at March 31, 2006 01:26 AM

Profile snoop doesnt work. Are there any other options?

Posted by: Justinea at April 6, 2006 04:56 PM

I haven't been on in a while so does profilesnoop work or still nothing?

Posted by: carley at April 18, 2006 08:04 PM

where do you install the entry for profilesnoop on myspace, plz someone help...

Posted by: wicked at April 29, 2006 01:15 AM

profile snoop dont work no more. havce any other suggestions?

Posted by: tiffany at May 1, 2006 03:53 PM

does anyone know why profilesnoop hasnt been working for like a week?

Posted by: kim at May 9, 2006 09:44 PM

I know but I'm not telling.

Posted by: Mr. Smart at May 10, 2006 03:11 PM

it'll show you the amount of visitors daily & their times of visitation, just not who they were...which is the most important part!

Posted by: matini at May 11, 2006 03:16 PM

I use something from starcounter to find out who has viewed my site. I am sure if it gives the same detail as profile snooper though. It shows visits, times, duration, country and IP addresses.

Posted by: Steven Harold at June 9, 2006 03:44 PM

used the profilesnoop code this week & it is working perfect.

Posted by: -- at July 30, 2006 05:34 PM

so there are no other alternatives to see who's been viewing your profile?

Posted by: Grace L. Wu at August 18, 2006 03:56 PM

I can see when a person has viewed my MySpace page and see at what time but there is no image or ID showing who it was. Can someone please help with this? On your e-mail subject reply please title the subject as MySpaceSnoop. Thanks for your help in advance.

Posted by: Patricia B at August 30, 2006 08:47 PM

Ya i tried profile snoop and its not working... i really would like to know who is looking and not just when... so if anyone has any suggestions let me know....

Posted by: That Girl at September 16, 2006 07:48 PM

Try myspacelog.com

Posted by: Jen at September 26, 2006 12:57 AM

I have tried profile snoop also and its not showing who has visited my site. Any sugestions?

Posted by: Lori at October 10, 2006 09:43 AM

i dont get it

Posted by: paige at October 20, 2006 06:50 PM

thanks,

elis

Posted by: Elis at November 7, 2006 10:48 AM

Here is part of the terms of agreement from Myspacelog:

"By registering with Myspacelog.com, you will be able to track other registered users of Myspacelog.com as they visit your myspace.com profile."

Its tracking abilities being confined to members sucks.

Posted by: t at November 19, 2006 12:12 PM

i wnt 2 see ho view my profile

Posted by: fatima at November 30, 2006 11:43 AM

I would like see who has viewed my profile.

Posted by: svl at December 14, 2006 03:34 AM

myspacelog would only be good if u could actually see the people who have been on your space! the whole point of snooping is so they dont know and cant see if you've been on theirs but if everyone is signed to myspacelog everybody can see whos been on each others spaces and thats no fun! to see whos been on your myspace they also have to be registered to myspacelog.com so its a waste of time x

Posted by: Kat at December 18, 2006 02:39 PM

it shows everything besides the pic n who it?? help me..

Posted by: ryan at January 7, 2007 02:59 AM

Profile snoop doesn't work..... If you right click on the photo > properties, you will find friend ID but it is wrong as well. I noticed a lot of drivecleaner, winfixer, and the like popup ads after getting involved w/ PS back in October.... Finally cleaned my machine up enough so I'm not getting those MalWare popups anymore. Delete PS code from your profile... It isn't worth it!

Posted by: Bilkl at January 14, 2007 08:48 AM

try profile snitch

Posted by: Randa at January 22, 2007 09:41 AM

hey guys u should try profile snitch

i tried it and it words good

u can see the persons pic, and what time and day they viewed ur profile

all u need to do is paste a code in ur profile(somewhere at the bottom), and there u have it.

u log in at

go to stats, and there u see everything

hope this helped

Posted by: andy at January 31, 2007 09:12 PM

I use www.myspacelog.com and I can see who checks my profile. It even allows some customized features so that you can better track your vistors. I have used others, but this one is better.

Posted by: Jennie Beasly at February 3, 2007 02:39 AM

If you delete your myspace can they still see your picture who has been on?

Posted by: John Read at February 15, 2007 11:33 AM

treid profile snitch and it doesnt work I put the code in and it changes the code from www.....com it wont let me have the code in

Posted by: Ad at March 3, 2007 05:36 AM

hey, nothing else worked for me except www.profilesnitch.com....myspacelog didn't work properly, profile snoop got me to fill out a massive survey, then it didn't even work once i'd finished!! profilesnitch is the best.

Posted by: sarah at March 15, 2007 09:09 PM

hey

Posted by: grace at March 22, 2007 10:01 PM

I have found that www.trackspace.net works very well. It gives you who has visited, what time and where they are located from. Even a map to view where they are from. Only down side is anyone a member can see if another member visited your page and visa versa. But I haven't had any problems with it what so ever, other than when they are slow on doing their maintainence.

Posted by: Janny at April 4, 2007 06:21 PM

"i wnt 2 see ho view my profile"

HOly fucking shit learn how to spell.

Posted by: asdf at April 7, 2007 02:49 AM

with profilesnitch....where do you go to check? do you log onto their site to check or does it come up on your myspace page? if it comes up on your myspace page that's no good...cuz i don't want other ppl seeing who has seen my profile

Posted by: Kim at April 23, 2007 11:21 PM

There is a secert code hackers have created, the problem is most websites like...profilesnoop and vice versa..only provide part of the code, or a code that is similar to that code, but not the actual code. More the likely you will have to buy this code from someone, or do some hardcore googeling to find it..it does exist, I know this for a fact. :]

If you want it..that bad..you will find it.

Posted by: ashley6752 at May 1, 2007 09:20 PM

spacesnoop.com has a easy to use free trial. No ads or malware.

Posted by: John at May 3, 2007 06:21 PM

Hi,

I'm working on a story about myspace and the codes people are writing to add features to myspace that don't exist or are prohibited on the site (like a who's viewed me feature). Please e-mail me if you are interested in talking with me, know anyone who has a code, is looking for a way to find out who's viewed your profile or if you're just a mmyspace user who might want to tell me your opinion. My e-mail is lshepherd@ap.org.

Thanks.