Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.
+1 212 318 2000
Europe, Middle East, & Africa
+44 20 7330 7500
+65 6212 1000
Confident employees are the lifeblood for any small business. Here are some tips for ensuring your employees will be up to the challenges that come their way.
1. Ask them to be responsible for progressively larger projects.
2. Use them as examples (in their presence) when telling others how to do something.
3. Give them feedback at various times during a project—not just at its completion.
4. Send a note of praise to them or, better still, to their boss.
5. Ask for their opinions and advice on matters not necessarily related to their normal duties.
Want to improve the way you run your business? Entrepreneurs, academics, and consultants from diverse industries offer practical advice on a variety of topics each business day.
To submit a tip for consideration, first check our archive of previous tips to make sure you're not repeating a tip someone has already contributed. Then send the tip to Small Business channel contributor Michelle Dammon Loyalka. Because of the volume of material she receives, she may not respond to each individual.