Posted by: John Tozzi on October 17, 2009
We’re testing an idea we hope will help you follow the policy news that matters to small business owners. We call it the Small Business Policy Ticker. The feed below pulls in bits of information from a slew of official sources, bundles it together, and pumps it out in a (hopefully) useful form. When the president gives a speech about small business, that should appear below. When the Senate Small Business Committee schedules a hearing, that will show up as well. So will news releases from the SBA, small business updates from Recovery.gov, and YouTube and Twitter updates from Business.gov.
The Small Business Policy Ticker is built with Yahoo Pipes, a tool that lets you aggregate, sort, and filter information, mostly in the form of RSS feeds. The Ticker is a work in progress, and we hope to improve it as we go along. You can help. If you know a little bit about how RSS works, you can go to the pipe’s Web site, clone it, and play around with your own version. Tweak the feeds, add other sources, organize it differently. Let us know if you do. And if this is helpful, or if there are other sources you’d like to include, reach us by email, Twitter or in the comments below. A list of sources is after the jump.
- Small business actions in Congress from GovTrack.us
- News from the Small Business Administration and the Office of Advocacy
- The House and Senate Small Business Committees
- Small business news from the White House
- Small business and SBA updates from Regulations.gov and Recovery.gov
- YouTube and Twitter updates from Business.gov
You can also subscribe to the ticker as an RSS feed.