Toyota Yaris: So Gay!

Posted by: David Kiley on October 30, 2007

07-yaris-f3q-a.jpg

That’s not me talking. Rather, www.gaywheels.com says it was the most researched vehicle on its website.

In descending order, the rest of the list was: Saab 9-3, Mazda MX-5 Miata, Volkswagen Rabbit, Volkswagen Eos, Audi A3, Dodge Caliber
Volkswagen Jetta, Toyota Camry, Infiniti FX.

Wow. I thought gay people were supposed to have a sense of style. The Yaris? Yipes. I could see maybe the Honda Fit or Nissan Versa. But the Yaris? That’s about as stylish and with-it as a Sansabelt pair of trousers and a sweater tied around my neck.

Since I would put the Rabbit, A3 and Jetta on my list of cars to research, I thought I should take the gaywheels.com test “Are You Gay.”
Though I seriously wanted to see the results, I had to abandon the test after the site asked me to sign up for crap in which I have no interest in a dozen consecutive pop up screens. I kept “skipping” the screen until I got one that required me to check “yes” before I could continue. No sale. No way. That was as annoying as a “Will and Grace” marathon.

I know gay men love to shop. But puhleeeez.

I know a website has to make a living, but…memo to gaywheels.com founder Joe LaMuraglia: Joey…dude…this is no way to treat a visitor. Anyway…I’m not gay. I’m sure of it. Pretty sure.

By the way…no Subarus on this list? No wonder Subaru bagged ad agency DDB. They must have been reading the tracking study that says gay people are deserting Subaru. No Fords either? After all the guff Ford has taken from the American Family Association for advertising in gay media, one would hope that the Ford Fusion or Mustang might have made the list.

tim

May 25, 2008 8:21 PM

i think the toyota yaris is a very stylish car ,. an also reliableilivein ireland my yaris is 8 years old an out runs alot of cars in its class an has alot more equipment to for bein 8 years old e.g. ac remote locking digital speedometer ..... its also has 130000miles on the clock

Alexander

September 26, 2008 2:50 PM

I hate the Yarí's central console, but I choose it due to it's fuel economy, one of the best in Mexico.

Tim B

January 15, 2009 3:58 PM

PLEASE....Don't tag the Yaris as a GAY car. My 2007 Yaris is fun to drive and gets excellent gas mileage, which is why I chose to purchase the car. That's all I need, to be labeled as gay just for the car I drive. You folks are not helping.

Me

September 7, 2009 9:16 PM

People who hate Yaris (aka Vitz) really don't have a clue of what they are talking about. This little car is so technologically advanced that even a Fit or for that matter the Versa (aka Tiida) really look like amateurs. Not a single American car in the same segment could even try to compete with this little machine. It's clear Yaris styling is not for the masses, but that also takes it apart from the floc of minicars. Anyhow this is a typical case of someone critiquing something for lack of knowledge. Perhaps the author believes a Chevy Cavalier is a dream machine.

John

September 11, 2009 2:10 PM

Gay. If I can kick your car through a set of goalposts....it's gay. Sorry. And I don't care what you queens say when you say "Well my car gets 50MPG. How much does yours get?" Bro...I'd rather drive a 1985 Chevy K-Series Suburban that burns oil and the smoke plumes out the mufflers and get 3 MPG that park at a wal-mart and have some kids walking out say "haha...youre a faggot!"

SP

September 2, 2010 1:27 PM

I love my Yaris. For city dwellers, it is the perfect city car. It has technology, great safety ratings and offers easy in and out for all passengers. Oh yes - saves gas which I thought was a good thing.