Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
AvalonBay Communities Inc
ConAgra Foods Inc
Baxter International Inc
Apollo Global Management LLC
Goldman Sachs Group Inc/The
Knight Capital Group Inc
3. U.S. medical device maker Baxter International (BAX) is near a deal to buy Swedish competitor Gambro for about $4 billion, according to a person familiar with the deal.
4. VistaJet Holding ordered 56 aircraft from Bombardier (BBD/B) in a deal valued at $3.1 billion. The luxury air-charter company took options for 86 more, which would raise the total to $7.8 billion.
5. Siemens (SI), the German maker of high-speed trains, is buying Invensys’s (ISYS) rail unit for $2.8 billion. U.K.-based Invensys, a two-century-old company, makes the software used to run London’s subway.
8. BP (BP) is selling stakes in North Sea fields to Abu Dhabi National Energy for $1.1 billion, as the energy producer continues to dispose of assets in the wake of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
9. Chicago-based high-frequency trader Getco bid $1 billion for Knight Capital Group (KCG), the brokerage that was bailed out in August after losing more than $450 million in a trading malfunction.
10. A Burmese “pigeon’s blood” ruby and diamond necklace sold for $5.1 million, topping a Christie’s international jewelry sale in Hong Kong.