Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp Ltd
Fraser & Neave Holdings Bhd
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co Ltd
State Street Corp
Goldman Sachs Group Inc/The
Host Hotels & Resorts Inc
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
1. TCC Group, owner of Thailand’s biggest beermaker, offered to buy Oversea-Chinese Banking’s (OCBC) $2.3 billion combined stake in Fraser & Neave (FNH) and Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), according to two people with knowledge of the matter.
2. TPG Capital will pay $1.9 billion for generic drugmaker Par Pharmaceutical (PRX), as the private equity firm looks to profit from insurer efforts to curtail health-care costs.
3. The world’s No. 2 health-care equipment maker, Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO), will acquire closely held One Lambda for about $925 million to expand in transplant diagnostics.
4. Dublin-based packaging company Ardagh Group will purchase Anchor Glass Container from Wayzata Investment Partners funds for $880 million.
5. Hyundai Heavy Industries (009540), the world’s No. 1 shipbuilder, sold a $617 million stake in Hyundai Motor after one of its units shelved a stock sale plan.
7. U.S. lodging real estate investment trust Host Hotels & Resorts (HST) bought the Grand Hyatt Washington for about $400 million.
10. Salon operator Regis (RGS) is selling its hair restoration division, Hair Club for Men & Women, to Aderans, a Japanese wigmaker and hair salon operator, for $164 million.