Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
SBA Communications Corp
Linn Energy LLC
Mitsui & Co Ltd
Digital Realty Trust Inc
MacDonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd
Loral Space & Communications Inc
Liberty Global PLC
1. Stepping up acquisitions to cope with competition at home, Qatar Telecom (QTEL) offered to buy the shares of Kuwait’s National Mobile Telecommunications it doesn’t own, valued at about $1.9 billion.
2. SBA Communications (SBAC) will purchase 3,252 wireless network towers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico from TowerCo for $1.5 billion in cash and shares.
3. Disposing of assets to help pay for the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, BP (BP) will sell its stake in Wyoming natural gas fields to Linn Energy (LINE) for $1 billion and its stakes in two North Sea fields to Mitsui (MITSY) for $280 million.
4. Inner Mongolia Yitai Coal, the biggest coal producer in the Chinese region bordering Mongolia, is seeking as much as $1.1 billion in a Hong Kong stock offering.
5. The world’s No. 1 provider of data-center real estate, Digital Realty Trust (DLR), is buying three properties near London for $1.1 billion.
6. Qatar will pay as much as $943 million to acquire four hotels in Paris, Cannes, and Nice from Starwood Capital Group, according to the French newspaper Le Figaro.
8. Liberty Global (LBTYA) and investment funds tied to Searchlight Capital Partners will pay $585 million for OneLink Communications, Puerto Rico’s No. 1 provider of cable TV and high-speed Internet.
9. Jean-Michel Basquiat’s 1982 acrylic and oil-stick work Warrior sold for $8.7 million at a Sotheby’s (BID) auction in London.
10. David Rubenstein, co-founder of the Carlyle Group, paid $2.1 million for a rare copy of President Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation at a New York auction.