Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Chesapeake Energy Corp
Exxon Mobil Corp
PVR Partners LP
Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
Becton Dickinson and Co
1. Private equity firm Carlyle Group will seek a valuation of $7.5 billion to $8 billion when it sells shares to the public. The offering may come as soon as the week of April 16.
2. Natural gas producer Chesapeake Energy (CHK) announced $2.6 billion in asset sales to buyers including ExxonMobil (XOM), TPG Capital, and EIG Global Energy Partners as the company raises money to cut debt and fund drilling.
4. Facebook will buy the Instagram mobile photo-sharing application for about $1 billion in cash and stock, its biggest acquisition yet.
5. Coal producer and natural gas transporter Penn Virginia Resource Partners (PVR) will pay about $1 billion for pipeline company Chief Gathering to expand its holdings in the Marcellus Shale.
6. AT&T (T) agreed to sell a majority stake in its Yellow Pages unit to Cerberus Capital Management for about $950 million as part of an effort to dispose of slower-growing units.
7. Asia’s largest drugmaker, Takeda Pharmaceutical (4502), is buying closely held URL Pharma for $800 million to gain a new gout treatment.
10. Luxury luggage maker Tumi Holdings will seek up to $319 million in an IPO. The South Plainfield (N.J.)-based company is owned by private equity firm Doughty Hanson.