"Tom Is Not My Friend"

Posted by: Rob Hof on March 30, 2006

tom.709.product_featured.jpg
Poor Tom Anderson, the cofounder of MySpace. (Well, not really poor, having sold to News Corp. last year for $580 million, but anyway.) It seems the most popular T-shirt in the world these days reads “Tom is not my friend.” Apparently, people are tired of his automatically getting added to their friends list when they join MySpace. In fact, some people have gotten pretty worked up about it. Some friends, huh?

Photo courtesy of Busted Tees.

Jim Dermitt

March 31, 2006 8:53 AM

The practice of fawning all over the boss gives birth to all kinds of ridiculous practices.
They are corporate automatons of misery.
Run a craigslist ad for brain transplants.

maddie

March 31, 2006 3:00 PM

HHHHEEEEEEEE'S A LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ethan green

June 20, 2006 4:20 PM

i agree

Ray

July 13, 2006 2:47 PM

It's funny.
"Tom is not my friend" T-shirts are Hilarious! Few will know the meaning, but "lovers" of "myspace" and "Tom" will obviously take a little offense! Which is always great.

I'm looking for altered or fake, funny pictures of Tom. Know of any sites?

Blaze

November 28, 2006 12:12 AM

I'd like to see one of you people try and be tom for a day and see how you handle it!

Phil

April 1, 2007 4:16 AM

I agree with Blaze. The team did a good job putting the site together and being the most common face in America today, it opens a lot of doors for the next Mark Chapman wanna be.
Got to respect him there. Seems like a decent enough guy. Wouldn't go clubbing with him, but won't ignore him if he was asking directions on the street.

King Tut

August 21, 2007 10:06 AM

Yal need to stop hating b/c all you knw you got a page on myspace. So I give respect to the team and all the representatives that put it together. To Give honor to whom honor is due- Romans 13:7

hard rock

October 10, 2008 11:06 AM

i love tom so much and i respect him, he's so cute,, and u dont have to act like him to love him , and if you hate him just delete him from your myspace friend's list

peace ovcake ;)

Quynhnie

November 11, 2008 1:15 PM

Sigh..You guys are a bunch of lamos for taking this shirt seriously. It's like "Jesus is my homeboy" shirt, it's entertaining, amusing, and I approve. He is SO not my friend. =p

lacie

November 21, 2008 10:06 AM

i think toms pretty fly. i have so much respect towards him. myspace literally, gives me something to do everyday.
haha!
rock hard tom.

Edwin Smith

February 4, 2009 8:52 AM

I think it is write for tom to be added automaticy because he made without it probablly wouldn't be no mysapce n if u don't like tom don't go on myspace simple so if you don't like tom you don't like myspcae simple as that

p.s.SHINE ON TOM YOU BASICLLY RULE THE NET HAHA

Travis

April 27, 2009 8:31 AM

Tom is Awsome........but hes not my freind.

Paul Brown

August 2, 2009 2:01 AM

There is a deleted user Tee here that is cool. He has a mens too!