Overvalued Real Estate

Posted by: Peter Coy on April 10, 2006

We scan the blogosphere so you don’t have to.
LAblock.jpg
Check out a great little blog called America’s Overvalued Real Estate. The top item right now is about a 299-square-foot house (right) that’s on the market in Los Angeles for $200,000.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://blogs.businessweek.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/

bill

April 10, 2006 10:39 PM

Falling out of my chair laughing!

Lemming

April 11, 2006 12:26 PM

I'm sure some Lemming will buy it, because it seems like there are plenty to go around!

Nubricks

April 11, 2006 04:42 PM

Bargin...I know very little about this market but can see that this price is ridiculous!

Scary thing is there is a buyer for everything.

AG

April 12, 2006 09:24 PM

Is that a special upper deck burial grave! Cause as I see it, only a coffin can fit in there!

Crazy!

wendy

April 16, 2006 07:29 PM

People are not buying houses because they just simply cannot afford it!!! A home is not an investment. It's a place to live and I would rather pay rent and save my money to go on vacations than buy a piece of crap like this one. I think we should all boycott the real estate market:-)

Milan Cole

May 8, 2006 09:02 PM

The craziest part is that there is more where that came from! A New York Times article just found that the top 11 most unaffordable markets are in California, with New York City at #12. Is Salinas, CA really a hotter place to buy real estate than New York City?

Bryce Mason

June 5, 2006 11:59 AM

The real news story here is that this blog and a few other housing bubble blogs have been hijacked by some fearful Realtor(R)! Check it out!

Rufus

June 6, 2006 10:09 PM

I noticed that hijacking -- how did that happen?!?

james

August 23, 2006 05:08 PM

I think that the realtor for this storage shed[I recently purchased one in Sutherlands Building supply of like proportions for 879$,nails included] meant to say 200,000 PESOS,which roughly translates to 20,000 Dollars.

Thank you for your interest. This blog is no longer active.