Barack Obama Smokes - But What Brand?

Posted by: Burth Helm on June 11, 2008

blog obama.jpg
ABC News is reporting that Barack Obama smoked cigarettes in the past few months. A one-time “heavy smoker,” he’d been trying to quit. As far as his presidential bid is concerned, I think this warrants a big “who cares?” But I gotta know - what’s Obama’s brand? I just tried to guilt an Obama spokesperson into dishing — in the interest of transparency, I told him, we must know — but he declined to comment and hung up on me. So what do you think? American Spirits? Marlboro Lights? Kools?

J.

June 11, 2008 3:06 PM

This may sound bad, but most African Americans smoke Menthol cigarettes. Yes, it is a stereotype, but if you observe, this is the truth.

That being said, it would have to be Newports or Kools...(-:

David Kiley

June 12, 2008 9:32 AM

I'm thinking he is a Dunhill man. It would be cool if he smoked my Dad's brand---the only person I ever knew who spoked Kent. Kent! Who the heck smoked Kent?

For the short time I smoked, I smoked Vantage.

But give the guy a break. Quitting smoking is tough when you aren't running to be leeader of the free world. I can't imagine how tough it is in his cauldron.

Cover Me, Porkins

June 13, 2008 2:24 PM

He's a liberal. Virginia Slims menthol.

Bobisyouruncle

June 29, 2008 10:26 PM

Virginia Slims? Wow, that's harsh, might be a start of a great attach ad for McCain. The first commander in chief to smoke Virginia Slims, menthol just before entering a meeting with the joint chiefs.

PrezidenshulSmokez

December 9, 2008 1:26 PM

I think it is funny that he smokes.

Scott

January 7, 2009 2:40 PM

I think it's a GOOD sign that Obama smokes. Tobacco could save the economy and, to be honest, people need to remember that there was a time, not that long ago, when everyone did. Recall that feeling when there wasn't always a war going on? People minded their own business and worked? Seems to me we all should return to those days. For the record cigarettes may kill but everyone is going to die, and it's the pleasure you find when you're alive that matters. He seems to me a Newport man.

LEBRON DAVIS

February 5, 2009 1:40 PM

it is probably called POT

Johnathan Likes

March 5, 2009 1:58 PM

I bet he smokes kools i mean he is black duh!

Winston Buchannon

March 5, 2009 7:35 PM

Plastic tip grape Black & Milds come to mind.

tom

June 9, 2009 7:17 AM

What brand do Arab-Americans smoke?