Dunkin Donuts Move To Pull Ad Is Cowardly and Ridiculous

Posted by: David Kiley on May 28, 2008

dunkin052808.jpg

Where do I begin? Dunkin Donuts has decided to pull an Internet ad featuring the compulsively perky Rachael Ray because a handful of blithering idiots said they objected to a scarf she was wearing; that the scarf resembles a keffiyeh, a traditional headdress worn by Arab men that some associate with jihad.

Where do I begin going into how utterly lame and stupid this is. Let me start with the energy source of this keffiyeh kerfuffle: the intellectually pathetic conservative talking head Michelle Malkin who made it her idiotic issue of the week.

“It was with some dismay that I learned last week that Dunkin’ Donuts’ spokeswoman Rachael Ray, the ubiquitous TV hostess, posed for one of the company’s ads in what appeared to be a black-and-white keffiyeh,” Ms. Malkin wrote on her moronic blog.

The keffiyeh, “for the clueless, is the traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad,” Ms. Malkin wrote with a digital crayon. She added that it has been “mainstreamed by ignorant and not-so-ignorant fashion designers, celebrities and left-wing icons.”

The clueless? Ms. Malkin, your cluelessness actually gives a bad name to the merely mildly clueless.

For the record…this Irish Catholic boy from New Jersey bought an actual keffiyeh from a street vendor in New York once and wore it a good part of two winters because it made an excellent cold weather scarf.

This is yet another example of the idiot-class of commentators who target advertisers with nonsensical, intellectually lazy issues they can get away with to score a few cheap points with the crazies that actually think people like Malkin can find their own brain, and behind, with two hands.

Malkin actually called the PAISLEY scarf Ray wore in the ad…”Hate Couture.” And Dunkin Donuts, sadly, choosing the cheap and easy way out, gave in. If they had spent $300k to $400k shooting a TV commercial, they might have waited. But it cost them virtually nothing, except the respect of thinking donut eaters and coffee drinkers, to yank the ad off the Net.

The last time Ms. Malkin darkened my blog, it was over an Absolut Vodka print ad running in Mexico.
I didn’t think she get any shallower in her argument against an advertiser than that episode, and then she went and drained more water out of the pool.

To be fair, Malkin picked up the original item from Littlegreenfootballs.com, whose adolescent web editor headlined his item about the scarf, “Mainstreaming Terrorism To Sell Donuts.”

Since the scarf is actually paisley, littlegreenfootballs.com and www.michellemalkin.com are, I hear, organizing a boycott of effete elderly men who wear paisley ascots, and grandmothers who still wear paisley scarfs to church.

Sorry to rant, but Malkin is such a dishonest numbskull that it seriously grinds my gears when an advertiser gives her the time of day.

JKT

May 29, 2008 5:35 PM

Hear hear. I tried to write Dunkin Donuts to decry their move but got errors from their feedback webpage. I wonder if they've been inundated with complaints about their move and it's taken their system down? In any case, we have to wonder if Malkin honestly thought that the scarf was a keffiyeh or if she was lying just to get eyeballs on her website. I suspect the latter. And that means she's loving every minute of your rant because it gets her more attention. If only Dunkin Donuts had ignored her, we'd all be better off and she'd be thinking up some other lie to perpetuate in obscurity.

Crabby Golightly

May 29, 2008 5:39 PM

Unhinged: Exposing Conservative Extremists Gone Wild
SOMEHWHERE, OPRAH IS LAUGHING. For her too-big-for-her-britches protege is caught at the center of a firestorm set by political extremists, American-style.

I'll keep it short: Rachel Ray's latest pitch for Dunkin Donuts was yanked from the airwaves after two extremist bloggers claimed the scarf she was wearing in the ad signaled sympathies for Arab terrorists.

"The keffiyeh, for the clueless, is the traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad,’’ wrote conservative commentator Michelle Malkin on her blog. ‘‘Popularized by Yasser Arafat and a regular adornment of Muslim terrorists appearing in beheading and hostage-taking videos, the apparel has been mainstreamed by both ignorant and not-so-ignorant fashion designers, celebrities, and left-wing icons.’’

Malkin's skewed view of a boogeyman wrapped in every headwrap was promoted by Jewish advocate and blogger Pamela Geller, who wrote on May 18th that Ray was a "Dunkin Donuts jihad tool".

And if you buy that one, here's the heads-up that there are throngs of terrorist sympathizers hanging out at every mall in America. Or perhaps, as the shrinks will tell you, sometimes a scarf is just a scarf. It's overwrought conspiracies like these that cause political sympathizers to lose patience.

Crabby Golightly.com

Susan

May 29, 2008 5:41 PM

I'm sorry Ms. Malkin didn't have any friends in junior high school. Seems all she wants to do is pick at the popular kids now.

Let's hear it for Dung 'n' Donuts!!

John

May 29, 2008 5:42 PM

Be honest. It's not about the color. It's about the symbol. Some people object to mainstreaming "ubiquitous" symbols from certain cultures. They have a right to do that, and a right to object to importation and mainstreaming customs and cultures from the Arabic world.

David

May 29, 2008 5:52 PM

I could not believe that Ms Malkin would go on an internet rant regarding a scarf worn by Rachel Ray for a new Dunkin Donuts ad. Ms Malkin has been annoying for years, but this tops many of her previous, off-base rants.
Watch out Bobby Flay, your next cooking throw-down could be with Malkin.

BJL

May 29, 2008 6:06 PM

This is without a doubt, the most clear cut case of the dumbing down of Americans that I have ever seen. Rachael Ray wore a scarf! Wow! Now she is supporting terrorism and Dunkin' Donuts has pulled her ads. If this move wass politically correct, then we need to remove politically correct from the English language and go back to the days when a woman could just wear a scarf and have people say it was ugly or attractive! In the words of Charlie Brown, GOOD GRIEF!

John

May 29, 2008 7:00 PM

michelle.king@dunkinbrands.com

Nikki

May 29, 2008 7:00 PM

This is just one more pathetic move by the stupid people of the US show their lack of intelligence and empathy for other cultures.

Crabby Golightly

May 29, 2008 7:03 PM

Unhinged: Exposing Conservative Extremists Gone Wild

Malkin's skewed view is of boogeyman wrapped in every headwrap.

It's overwrought conspiracies like these that cause moderates to lose patience over the nation's political discourse. Bring real issues to the table.

CrabbyGolightly.com

Steve

May 29, 2008 7:31 PM

If you believe that there's no such thing as bad publicity, then it makes sense for Dunkin' Donuts to pull the commercial. By pulling the commercial, it actually gives it more legs!

As far as Michelle Malkin, the KKK and other white supremacists have co-opted the Christian Cross. Are all the Christian churches in the country supporting terrorism by displaying crosses? Millions of Arabs wear the Keffiyeh. It's a traditional head covering! This is as stupid as schools banning any blue or red clothing. Can you spell s-t-u-p-i-d?

Vivian Elliott

May 29, 2008 7:39 PM

Until today I had never heard of Michelle Malkin and after today I hope to never hear about her again. What a spupid Bitch! And Dunkin Donuts can kiss this customer goodby. What a bunch of dumb asses they both are!

B Bikson

May 29, 2008 7:39 PM

This scarf issue is the dunbest thing I've ever read or heard about. Dunkin Donuts has lost a costomer, what cowards you are.

EVP

May 29, 2008 7:51 PM

Thank you! I just heard this story today while driving to work. Are they kidding? They pulled an ad because of a scarf?!! I remember buying one of those - what are they called? keffiyehs? - from a New York street vendor in the 80's and I loved it! It was a great scsrf and I wore it until it fell apart. Dunkin Donuts - c'mon! It's just a scarf. A scarf is not a terrorist. It does not have arms to hold a gun. It does not have a body to carry a suicide bomb. It is just a scarf.

Eric

May 29, 2008 7:59 PM

Agreed. This is racist and fear mongering. Shame on Dunkin.

LISA

May 29, 2008 8:32 PM

I think they should close down all donut shops because the donuts are round and could symbolize tires or something round...
FIND JOBS AND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO. She had on a scarf picked out by a designer to match her outfit. PERIOD. Give us a break and do something to better the world instead of finding something negative in everything. YOU are the terrorists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAS

May 29, 2008 8:33 PM

Michelle Malkin may have picked on a non issue to peeve about, but the fact remains she is one of the most intellectually venomous women in the US, perhaps second only to Ann Coulter in this regard.

Rob in Tucson

May 29, 2008 8:55 PM

If Dunkin' Donuts rolls over that quickly to hate speech I'll drink my coffee somewhere else.

If hate radio/blogs are attacking Rachel Ray !!! just think of what will happen in the Fall if Obama gets the Democrats nomination. Rachel Ray a secret jihadist? Give me a break!

I wonder if Malkin ever studied Al-gebra, or drank al-cohol, or, heaven forbid, used Arabic numerals. Idiots like her almost make Joe McCarthy look honest.

TMA

May 29, 2008 9:02 PM

To Americans GOP means Bush, Limbaugh, Coulter, Cheney, Fox News, Malkin, lies, incompetence, arrogance.

GOP wonders why America has turned away from the Republican party. Stories like this explain why.

TMA

May 29, 2008 9:03 PM

Sherif

May 29, 2008 9:13 PM

To email Dunkin Donut's Head of Marketing, contact:
frances.allen[at]dunkinbrands.com

enjoy

AKGru

May 29, 2008 9:42 PM

Malkin used to write in Seattle, but we ran her out of town.

Dunkin had an ad running awhile ago making fun of foreign sounding coffee beverage names. I think they called it Fritalian.

Perhaps Dunkin would consider replacing Ray with Malkin.

Here is a link to Dunkin's Fritalian ad, quite pathetic.

GRS

May 29, 2008 9:44 PM

Dunkin Donuts should be ashamed of themselves for bowing to such stupidity. They're concerned about the perceived threat caused by a barely discernible pattern on a scarf in a print ad, but show no concern about the Malkins of the world and what they have done and what they would like to do to this country and the principles upon which it was founded.

arleen

May 29, 2008 11:13 PM

will you please give me a break...why are people so sensitve; always looking
to cause an uproar over their own built in prejudice or beliefs. This is America....a melting pot-what may be offensive to you may not be to me. We are all immigrants except the Native Americans. Why don't people put all their effort into treating each other the way we would like to be treated ourselves. Those who complain the most are the least tolerant.

SG

May 29, 2008 11:17 PM

I had the same problem with the website & I agree wholeheartedly with you. I specifically Googled looking for a place to post my comments to DD:

"You know, it would have been better if Dunkin Donuts stood its ground & told Fox News that "Hey, sometimes a scarf is just a scarf. Life is short. Have a donut." I happen to like Rachel Ray & she looks great in that scarf. I plan to buy one now. Can you tell me where she got it?

Where does it end? You can't have a muslim, or a Wiccan, or anyone else the KKK & the next fanatical propaganda machine chooses to scapegoat in one of your ads? What other donkey rears are you going to legitimize by acquiescing to his or her loopy rant? I assume, of course, DD does not actually concur with the nonsense, but perhaps I'm too bold.

Sad. I did rather like your coffee."

Thanks for the opportunity to vent!

Sabrina Abu-Hamdeh

May 29, 2008 11:53 PM

Thank you, thank you. I was horrified to hear of Dunkin' Donuts move to pull a TV ad because Rachael Ray is wearing a so-called terrorist symbol. As a Palestinian American, I grew up with way too many misinformed and often racist comments about middle eastern people, religion, culture and clothing. I was horrified to see that we as a country literally built on immigrants and different cultures are SO quick to deem anything Palestinian or Middle Eastern as terrorist. I am almost cried when I read Ms. Malkin's slightly ridiculous article and when I saw that Dunkin' Donuts was pulling those ads. By the way, I have 2 of those terrorist scarves in pink and purple from Forever 21 and was so happy when I found them because I thought FINALLY America is getting beyond the stereotypes. Hmm.

Alex

May 29, 2008 11:56 PM

Looks like i'll be going to my local deli this summer to satisfy my iced coffee addiction. To complain, try sending a comment to Frances Allen at:
frances.allen@dunkinbrands. com
She's head of Marketing at Dunkin Donuts.

Or you can call or write:
Dunkin' Brands Inc.
130 Royall Street
Canton, MA 02021
Main phone: (781) 737-3000

Bob

May 30, 2008 1:33 AM

You can thank the flaky left/liberal movement for any reaction to a scarf or other symbols that can be stretched into some type of anti-America group support.

The incessant "anything" goes and years of the ACLU's banging away with lawyers at every effort to curtail this attitude has pushed much of the population to the edge where a line is being drawn. That line is where the liberal actions and belief that it can say and do anything under the protection of free speech even when it violates all sensibility, morals and ethics without consequences is now laid out on the ground. If liberals want to keep pushing the envelope on all matters, if they want to Michael Moore everything or ply conspiracy theories on the world as fact, then expect continued over reaction to the little things like an innocent scarf.

Megan /Minnepolis

May 30, 2008 3:31 AM

There is a plus here. I am not one to be called to action easily, but I too wanted to send D&D a piece of my mind. Hopefully the absurdity of this story will awaken the public to the fact that discrimination is real and, yes, this far out -- if only for it to motivate a few.

TruthOrDare

May 30, 2008 4:56 AM

The keffiyeh is scarf worn by arab women, men, actors, ..etc. comparable to wearing jeans in the US. Dunkin dounuts decision to pull down the add shows the extreme anti arab bigotry in the US. The Taliban banned afghan people from wearing jeans. On the other hand the zionists are banning americans from wearing a keffiyeh.

Shazia Khan

May 30, 2008 5:11 AM

Thank god someone has common sense left. When I first read Malkin's ridiculous remarks in her plight to vilify the Islamic faith (once again) I didn't know if i should be enraged or laugh. I chose the latter. She is obviously desperate for attention and the whole thing is beyond ridiculous. I really hope people don't buy into this nonsense!

Ty

May 30, 2008 6:09 AM

I saw this story run on CNN this morning and have to say, I'm appalled that people have become so sensitive, that a scarf is offensive. So what if it had been a keffiyeh, do we now characterize an entire people by the actions of a few? Have we really become this sheltered?

Tom

May 30, 2008 6:14 AM

I heard that American soldiers are wearing the keffiyeh in Iraq to help keep the dust out of their faces. I wonder what Maulkin would have to say about that. Dunkin Donuts acted very cowardly here. Maulkin is not a talking head, she is a screaming head, trying to get noticed while competing with the likes of Laura Ingrahm and Ann Colture. It is best to ignore here but unfortunately there are too many ignorant people out there that eat this stuff up.

Jordana

May 30, 2008 7:10 AM

Great story and excellent article. Even Hollywood would have stuggled to make up some utter stupidity of banning a scarf because it resembles the atire of arabs.

This issue demonstrates clearly how some xenophobic and racist people have such rank hatred in their hearts for others - in this case arabs/muslims.

notaslazyasyou

May 30, 2008 7:24 AM

God forbid you would take the time and spend the money to sit down and write them (Dunkin Donuts) a "pen and paper" letter. Snail mail works and you would be amazed at the response it garners in todays world of thought bereft emails.

bruce

May 30, 2008 8:42 AM

It does seem rediculous that Dunkin Donuts would want to allude to terrorism or anything related to such activity.However, one has to wonder why in the world they would pose Ms Ray in a park like setting (this was filmed in a studio), with one tall city building that looked as it did in the backround on a warm, spring like day drinking iced coffee with blooming trees around her,wearing short sleaves and needing a scarf that day.

EKL

May 30, 2008 8:54 AM

Yassar Arafat's scarf pattern was a herring bone not paisley. Get a clue!! If wearing a scarf s symbol of being a Terrorist I guess everyone who has had a tracheotomy because of cancer a candidate for Gitmo.

Political correctness has gotten way OUT OF HAND.

Jessica Gallagher

May 30, 2008 12:28 PM

I agree completely with this post. How hilarious are angry people? Malkin is everything that's wrong with society.

random

May 30, 2008 12:36 PM

David, thanks for pointing out that the scarf is a paisley and is about as distant from a keffiyeh as a top hat is from a turban. And what's more, the keffiyeh isn't specifically Mulsim. They've been worn by pagan nomads in the deserts of North Africa for thousands of years and when the Mulsims came to the region in mid-600s AD, they found that this headscarf was a great way to keep sand out of hair and eyes. It's still worn today by desert people who have nothing to do with Islam as a kind of hat. Old Russian ladies wear head scarves reminiscent of a keffiyeh in the winer to keep their ears warm. So the keffiyeh isn't a religious item, isn't specifically Mulsim and on top of that, Rachael wasn't even wearing it! That's 0 for 3 if you're keeping count.

I guess there are two lessons in this ridiculousness. The first is that when fear and xenophobia reach a certain melting point, it becomes like a form of psychosis. You see the "enemy symbols" everywhere you look, even if they're not there. The second lesson is that hate and outrage sells. Malkin was beginning to languish in semi-obscurity and is using these psychotic outbursts to somehow regain her title as the "queen of right wing controversy." Hey, it's easy to vanish into the background if all you do is pick stuff from news wires and random blogs and rant about it, producing pretty much no original content of your own.

IowaTiger07

May 30, 2008 1:09 PM

HEAR HEAR!! This has to be a joke !! The ridiculousness and absurdity of the claim by right-wing pundits on this just proves how bloated they have become that they have actually lost something called "common sense". This is absolute horse sh** as my late grandfather would say. Go on making good food Ms Rachel Ray !!

alphatango

May 30, 2008 2:33 PM

Hmmm... But you don't seem to be remotely shocked by the fact that all this is an insult against a whole population living under the oppression of a racist regime.

This joke of an attack shows how far the brainwashing process has gone. There is a group in this society that really wants us to hate Arabs... and they are succeeding.

Keffieh is a symbol of the quest for freedom and independence.

Americans should remember that they also fought for their own independence against an oppressive colonial regime.

This story is caricature but in the same time frightening... because the next step is what?

Forbid numbers (the numbers we use every day were invented by Arabs)?

Forbid Algebra?

Forbid the Bible (written by a bunch of Palestinians fighting the occupation of their territory by the Romans)?

In times like these, when bigots rise to fame, it is time to remember our history and remember that the Nazis forbid certain type of clothing because they were representative of the Jewish community... Today, a Keffieh in a donut advertisement makes the first page of newspapers...

Someone must be really affraid the Americans wake up and start to look for the simple truth of the Palestinian conflict.

Well, let me summarise the situation for you:

After the second World War, the Europeans and the Americans (who were all involved in a way or the other in the genocide of six million jews) decided to transfer the survivors to Palestine...

In 1948, they decided to create 2 states of equal size when European Jews were only 20% of the total population of the population and owned less than 6% of the land.

The European Jews created terrorist groups killing Christians and Muslims, forcing all villages to flee.

Since then, Christians and Muslims who have their roots in Palestine for thousands of years live under the occupation of European Jews. This is called colonialism. These colons implement a policy equivalent to the Apartheid policy in South Africa.

These are facts. The rest is just smoke like this joke about donuts and a keffieh

Jim Markette

May 30, 2008 2:42 PM

As you said, a "traditional headdress. It is hot, and one sweats a lot. Good for wiping it out of your eyes. It get dusty and the wind blows. Good for protecting the eyes, nose and mouth. In the U. S., John Wayne and thousands of other cowpokes wear keffiyeh-like things we call kerchefs. Shall we make a big stupid thing out of our western heroes. Keep talking Rachel. A little more publicity can't hurt

Ray in Philly

May 30, 2008 3:02 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was one of the best rants on this topic I've read so far. Kudos to you!

Paul

May 31, 2008 5:02 PM

This dust-up over a keffiyeh
like scarf is madness.

See "keffiyeh" in Wikipedia
that explains these type scarves are Government Issued
to Special Forces Troops for
Desert Warfare by USA, UK, Israel, Australia and other
western countries for decades
back to WWI.

Madness, mere madness.

Malkin is a moron.

Yaakov Sullivan

June 1, 2008 2:35 PM

My husband is a Palestinian and we wear this typical arab scarf with pride. The truth is this scarf represent our palestinian struggle against zionists, however is this case it was just a fashion statement. I am proud of the fact that our simbol of struggle is so popular and unapologetic about it. As a gay American I would be wearing this scarf at anti zionist demonstrations and as much as I can. Don't be intimidated by Palestine bashers.

Kevin Fishburne

June 1, 2008 3:05 PM

Wow. I agree with David 100%. The depths of cowardice that American corporations exhibit these days is bewildering. How paranoid and spineless must these people at Dunkin be to cancel their ad due to a few fools' ignorant speculations? Anyone know where this level of "political correctness" came from? Who is pushing it, and who is it supposed to serve?

therockofages

June 1, 2008 4:50 PM

Rachel Ray: Overdone, overcooked, overrated, and overpaid.

LD

June 1, 2008 5:06 PM

Hey, if islamo-facists can be insulted by cartoons, what's wrong with some right-wingers getting steamed by a scarf. At least they don't kill people over it!

786gal

June 2, 2008 8:36 AM

Who cares if rachael ray wore a kaffiyeh in the donut ad?whats the big deal anyways?whyz evri1 ranting on about it?

richard

June 3, 2008 12:01 PM

There are several pictures of Michelle Malkin on the web where she's wearing red.

Now, since red is acknowledged internationally as the color of socialism, I suggest we all write to Miss Malkin at www.michellemalkin.com and point this out to her.

Then again, maybe she just supports Manchester United, though I think that this is unlikely. She's just a secret communist masquerading as a stupid right-wing hoo-ha in order to throw us all off the scent.

Rachell Awais

June 5, 2008 7:54 AM

Agreed:Shame to the Dunkin Donuts and those who claim to be the champions of Human rights and Liberalization.Hate Hate Hate this hypocrisy.

Bullied?

June 7, 2008 6:51 AM

Lots of people seem to know nothing about the issues, but that unfortunately doesn’t stop them from desperately seeking attention.
While all of the useless bloviating about “protecting” Middle Eastern culture has been wasting bandwith, Dunkin’ Donuts has actually been DOING SOMETHING to invest in the lives of actual Middle Eastern people. Let us not forget that 100% of Dunkin’ Donuts shops are owned by independent franchisees, not a giant corporation. Many of these family franchises are owned by people of Middle Eastern descent. Gee—I wonder how they feel about your boycotting their business and taking food from their childrens mouths to “protect” them?
Dunkin’ has invested BIG TIME in Arab and other eastern countries to create wealth and jobs for people there. What have you done, aside from try to take away the livelihood of thousands of Middle Eastern families and that of North Americans of Middle Eastern descent with a mindless boycott?

Well, well, now. Here is just ONE example (and it was very easy to find, there are LOTS more):
Dunkin' Donuts opens biggest kitchen complex in Sharjah
Sharjah: Tue, 3 Jun 2008

Dunkin’ Donuts has opened the company's largest commercial kitchen and warehouse complex in the Middle East region in Sharjah. The complex, built on an area of 30,000 sq ft, is the company's biggest facility of its kind outside the US.
Sheikh Mohammed Saud Sultan Al Qasimi, chairman of the government of Sharjah Finance Department and proprietor of Continental Foods, owners of the Dunkin’ Donuts Franchise in the UAE, inaugurated the new facility.
Addressing a large gathering present at the opening ceremony, Sheikh Mohammed said Sharjah’s new Dh19 million ($5.17 million) Dunkin Donuts kitchen and warehouse complex will produce the full range of donuts in 50 different varieties and currently has the capacity to produce 50 million donuts per year.
He said that twice daily deliveries are made to the outlets around the country to ensure that customers receive their donuts absolutely fresh.
David Rodgers, Dunkin’ Donuts general manager noted that Dunkin’ Donuts had grown from one outlet in 1997 to 45 now covering the entire UAE. “This stupendous growth has necessitated the need for a much larger commercial kitchen facility,” he said.
“We have risen to be the most popular coffee & baked goods chain in the UAE serving high quality hot and cold beverages and fresh donuts,” remarked Rodgers.
Citing a recent customer survey, Rodgers stated that nearly half (47 per cent) of its clientele in the UAE comprised UAE nationals and Arab expatriates while Asians accounted for around 23 per cent of its customer base.
“Suitable for breakfast or as a snack at mid-morning or afternoon, our donuts are popular even among the Western expatriate population in the UAE as also the Filipino community,” he observed.
Today, Dunkin' Donuts is the world's largest coffee and baked goods chain, serving more than three million customers per day. Dunkin' Donuts sells 52 varieties of donuts and more than a dozen coffee beverages as well as other baked goods.
“Dunkin’ Donuts outlets are conveniently situated in all the major Shopping Malls. Outlining the popularity of the food chain worldwide,” Rodgers added.
“We plan to expand extensively throughout the UAE to ensure that our stores are conveniently located and within reach of everyone in the country,” he stressed.-TradeArabia News Service

Rob

June 9, 2008 7:31 AM

I think Dunkin should use any terrorist symbol they want... go on Dunkin, stick it to the white man!

Cherie

June 11, 2008 4:00 PM

Good heavens Ms. Malkin get a life! Just about the time I think I've heard everything,some bleeding heart proves me wrong..Shame on the Donut guys for even giving this whack job the time of day!!

David

October 9, 2008 2:24 PM

In a similar vein one preacher at our church ripped at young males who wear their pants hanging low...he pointed out that this trend started in the prison system as a sign of who was "willing" or "available".
While I personally find this look that has become quite popular repulsive, I very much doubt that our young folk are immitaing this style because of its so called original intent.
Find something constructive to do!