Nike's Big Butt is Bold and Beautiful

Posted by: David Kiley on August 15, 2005

nike3_081205_big.jpg2.jpg

Maybe its because I’m not a 32 waist, but this new ad from Nike via ad agency Wieden & Kennedy is spot on. Sure, I like Nike ads that glorify athleticism, performance and disciplined bodies too. But most of the people I see shopping in Foot Locker for new tennies have jiggly butts, imperfect thighs and barely defined abs and pecs. Call this ad “reality advertising.”

Hollywood and Madison Avenue, while still full of superficial people who don’t get it, are increasingly nodding to “real” people. The Dove campaign comes to mind, as do shows like The Practice and Ed, which in recent years featured attractive and compelling plus size actresses. Sure, there are “real” people with pecs and abs working out. I’m not anti pec. But this ad shows a greater spirit of inclusiveness, while maintaining an air of aspiration.

A few years ago I attended a writers conference and asked editors at Esquire and Men’s Health why they didn’t seem to write stuff or feature editorial that was aimed at men who will never have abs. In other words—me. They just sort of dumbly burbled that “that’s just the way it is…skinny and pretty sells.” This new Nike ad is a good chapter in a conversation that needs to continue…that a person can be healthy and lead a healthful life without necessarily having abs, pecs or a tiny butt. Heck, I still have about 60-70 pounds I’d like to lose after loising about 150. But my fat, cholesterol, etc are beyond perfect. And I can ride a bike as long as most of my ab-blessed friends.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://blogs.businessweek.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/

James H.

August 17, 2005 02:52 PM

I get what the big deal is. Black men have worshipping big behinds since the beginning of time. Now White folks are catching on. First rap, then cornrows, and now big asses. Damn, brothers can't have anything!

jsmith

August 17, 2005 04:28 PM

The idea is cool. However the people in these ads and the recent Dove ads featuring "everyday" women, are still good looking and almost perfect. On average, people don't look like this. We're heading in the right direction but we're not yet there.

Kayla

August 17, 2005 08:31 PM

Marketers have been doing this for years! They target one niche group after another. Don't know if you've ever heard of Joe Pine, but he talks about wrapping the customer experience in pleasantaries that cater to their desires; making business a theater of sorts. For more, you can check out his webinar here:

Business Guy

August 19, 2005 02:48 AM

What a nice ad. It's good to see healthy, thick women that are appreciated. I applaud Nike and Dove and any other company that purports this image. Hail to and celebrate the beauty of the booty.

Howard

August 19, 2005 03:10 AM

James H.: Thank you, thank you, thank you for pointing this out. I'm glad marketers have finally figured out "real" woman are beautiful too. What I don't understand is why they didn't choose an African American female for this ad. It wouldn't have been hard to find a candidate or two. A shapely behind has been a standard of beauty for African Americans since, well, the beginning. While we're on the subject, please don't forget the lips. Angelina Jolie? Not the first, not by a long shot. I heard the term "Paris lips" or "bee stung" to describe lips like hers. Funny, when African American women were the only ones with lips like these, they were far from being called "Paris" or "bee stung" lips. Need a hint as to what kind of lips these women had? Starts with an "n", then add the word "lips". I bet Angelina doesn't have those lips, or does she? Beauty is seen through more than one lens, folks. You're late, but welcome to the party anyway.

dj

August 20, 2005 12:31 PM

I think the writer missed the overall point of the ad. This is NOT an overweight woman, in fact she represents an ideal bodytype.....in the eyes of many women.

Maia

August 20, 2005 02:18 PM

Wow! Now that's what my husband calls a "classic booty", the kind black women have been celebrated for for generations. In the African American community, a butt like that is considered the epitome of feminine beauty. Fancy that: the black aestheic making inroads into "mainstream" culture.

Mack Woody

August 21, 2005 02:39 AM

Now there’s some advertisin’ we can sink our teeth into!
God bless Nike!!!

J-Soul

August 22, 2005 03:53 PM

I think this type of advertising is headed in the right direction--sort of. It's always great to see any type of marketing become more inclusive. Plus, it's only smart business to appeal to as many people as you can, without sacrificing your core product of course. So the only problem I have with this "reality advertising" is not in the creation, but in the perception--as in how it will be perceived. People are going to look at this Nike ad, and especially the Dove one, and use it to make excuses as to why they aren't healthy or are overweight. Americans, in general, overeat and do as little exercise as we can. We know what's good for us and what's bad for us, but we ignore it and do what we want. We ignore the fact that high cholesterol leads to heart disease and smoking cigarettes causes cancer. People with fantastic bodies earn them by either working out very hard or taking the much-easier and less-honorable route by paying for them. Be proud of who you are and how you were born, but we've gotten to the point where we aren't proud of who we've become, but pretend to be. While some of us could never look as good as the people we see on magazine covers, and shouldn't feel compelled to, we don't have to have stomachs that hang over our belts either. As with anything in life, if you don't like something, change it. And if you want something bad enough, work (out) for it.

kevin ferrell

August 22, 2005 03:55 PM

I love this picture. The assets are just poetry in motion. I can look at this picture everyday and just thank God that im a man, specifically a black man. Just beautiful! I love that reality is trumping fantasy and utopia. Its just not true or realistic that women look like centerfolds everywhere. A lot of damage has been done to women's psyche and self esteem because of the chasing of this ideal. God Bless u nike!

manamba

August 28, 2005 12:10 AM

The only way for a marketer to succeed is to think like the consumer. Thats exactly what the Nike marketers are doing by using that butt to get consumer attention. They must have realized how much attention the consumer pays to the healthy African looking booty.

darian

August 29, 2005 09:13 PM

this web-site is so gross

Darren

August 29, 2005 10:34 PM

Enough with the black, white thing already. I hate to break the news to the black guys but there was a time when big was in for us white folks too.
Just go to an art museum and take a look at some of the women in those paintings, those very old paintings. Hell even in the 1940's women weren't rail thin. Im not sure how the whole thin is in thing happened but I do agree that it sucks. And I do see J-Souls point too and it is very important to remember that even though women and men defenitely dont fit the hollywood mold in everyday society, it is important to take pride in being healthy and looking respectable, and most of the time it boils down to motivation. Also I dont see anything with that butt that looks too fat or too thin, I think its just right (I do think the model stuck it out a bit though). This is just another round in this countries obsession with body image.

tash

September 19, 2005 11:58 PM

It is good

nicole

October 11, 2005 09:55 PM

i love this ad i can relate to it p>

penis size

October 22, 2005 05:53 PM

I agree with you the way you view the issue. I remember Jack London once said everything positive has a negative side; everything negative has positive side. It is also interesting to see different viewpoints & learn useful things in the discussion.

gingerggg

October 26, 2005 04:24 PM

Enough about butts already. My husband once told me that if a woman has a small waist, her butt can be as big as a building. What stupid logic. A lot of the young, black women today in America think with their butts and black men tend to worship their butts. How sad, we black women have so much more to offer. Videos are filled with big butts, ghettos and cities are filled with big and thus, more black women seem to be having 3,4,5 babies by 3,4,5 different men and in most cases, all involved are unmarried, uneducated and most importantly, unemployed. You see no correlation in the two? Then, like America, you're blind to the truth. Peace, I'm outta here.

Jade

October 30, 2005 01:32 AM

I don't even understand stand how this subject began to take a racist turn. It is just a booty. Would the converstation of turned to a black and white issue if the color of the model was white, asian, or ect? It does not matter what color you are or what certain race you are. NO MATTER WHAT some where out there in each and every race there is somebody with a big butt. I think the add is almost a little sexy? Why protray the ass and not the face? obviously this is an add for women. why would they make it so it is more appealing to men? all in in all the add is alrite.

Marcelle Berger

November 8, 2005 10:49 PM

Personally i love this ad. I'm 15 years old and at times i feel really insecure about my body as do many other girls. Reading all of the Nike ads like this one really makes me feel good about my body. It's really empowering to see such ads with REAL women in them.

cute girls

November 11, 2005 07:09 PM

Im sorry I do like big butts however I think were all taking the ad a bit too seriously. We surely shouldnt be looking to adverts to support our own ideas about body image or racial beauty/ the histroy there of. Its nice to see from Maia Mack and kevins posts that Im not the only one still capable or enjoying the site of a fine womens butt without it causing me to have issues

Stephanie

November 18, 2005 09:30 PM

WAIT A MINUTE. The ad above with the ass and the paint spots is what we are talking about? Thats supposed to be the big and natural average womans ass? What the hell. That looks like a regular perfect model ass to me. The 15 year old that says it makes you feel good about your body, must already have a nice body. I look at that ad and I dont see it empowering for me in the least.

Im tired of only seeing one type of ass and one type of boobs in print. Beautiful women come in all shapes and sizes and magazines seem to idolize only one kind of look until no other woman can measure up to this "perfect" image thats force fed down all our throats.

The hell with nike. That doesnt make me want to buy their product any more or any less. And I weep for the species if thats what people consider to be a regular full figured womans undefined ass. Throw some cottage cheese on it along with the thighs and then you have the average woman.

Empowered. Please. It makes me feel like I need to go on a diet and do more exercise. Thats probably the way they are going to sell their products to me.. through self esteem issues. "I need to jog, let me buy some nike sneakers and sweats".

libra

November 20, 2005 10:25 PM

Well allow me to add my comment on the black men . I cant really speak for white america but it is no mystery that the pic in the nike ad is euphoria for black men and latino men and by and large men of color . Is it fair to only to portray one body type in the media like we usually see men like curves thats what defines a woman her beautiful curves . Its about time we see real women and what really appeals to men . Enough of the stick figures. This pic to me is ideal female beauty .

rab-e-do

November 23, 2005 01:53 AM

That girl is too fat. She should get herself some Nike shoes and run - run like the wind until her frame sports a normal-sized backside. She should be ashamed to have that thing photographed. Unfortunately, for us, she is not.

That's why fat girls aren't in much advertising. Most of them know they shouldn't be fat. It isn't healthy, and it isn't "normal." It is gluttonous, self-indulging, and it shows weakness and a complete lack of willpower. Kudos to the fat chicks who get it.

Mary Annaise

November 27, 2005 01:00 AM

I love how people always ignore the fact that the ideal body type in African American culture does not come without work. The ideal is curvy, not fat or out of shape. Black men want a woman with a small waist, wide hip span, and a round bottom. Because a woman has a big behind does NOT mean that she does not work-out, in fact it means the opposite. Anyone who has ever worked on a stairmaster for more than 2 weeks knows that particular exercise for the lower torso will cause the muscles to expand in the ass-area. Because Nike is running an ad with a big-bottomed woman does not mean that it wants to cater to the out of shape masses (that woman does not a have a single roll hanging from her waist area) but that butts are more sexy than breasts now and sex still sells.

Abi

November 29, 2005 10:52 PM

I just heard of these ads today and in trying to find them online have come across MSN's "Nike jumps on the 'real women' bandwagon--but are they real." I personally love the ads because they go hand in hand with my Sports and Society class. Women fear "bulking up" so they may not want to do anything that will make them "bulky." My thighs got huge (my standard of huge) last year as a result of lots of squats in Strength and Conditioning. It was my first year running Varsity Track at the collegiate level. I joke about my "thunderthighs." Some New York-based ad critic says that Nike is at odds with themself by saying "thunderthigh" and depicting a marathon runner's legs. I totally disagree...Nike is targeting sterotypes and trying to help women feel good about gaining muscle through sports and looking bigger. I absolutely LOVE this new campaign and hope more companies jump on the bandwagon and start depicting real women, not skinny minis...and maybe runway models can gain some weight and be healthy so that we have positive body images.

oliver

December 16, 2005 08:09 PM

i love butts

Actual

December 20, 2005 06:06 PM

Wow rab-e-do,

You and the dog should share a bone if you think this girl is fat. She is quite slim for an ethnic model. Look at some of the ethnic model sites or look at MTV or BET and see some of the dancers (professional I mean) they are in shape. Glad to see nike recognizes the rest of their market.

ssd

December 23, 2005 10:14 AM

Rab-e-do,
Do me a favor. You go into any women's clothing store and look at the sizes that are gone and those that still remain. I'll bet you'll find tons of 00's, 0's, 1's, 3's, and 5's but not a lot of 7's, 8's, 9's. And why is that? BECASE IT IS NOT "NORMAL" (in the sense that "normal" means common)FOR WOMEN TO BE IN SUCH SMALL SIZES. The average women is not skinny. And what's your definition of "fat"? Is it a weight? A size? A body-to-height ratio? Is it a comparison of a "normal" girl with a magazine photo shoot? "Fat" is relative, rab-e-do. Just keep that in mind. And, yes, I personally do agree with Stephanie that this girl in the Nike ad is not very empowering at all. She is perfectly athletic-looking and toned...more ideal than representative of real women who have issues with their butts. This toned Nike woman makes me feel like crap that because I work 40 hours a week, go to school full-time I can only manage to fit in small half-hour workouts every other day. Maybe if I wasn't so goddamn lazy I could work out more and be toned and not the flabby 135, size 8 I am now, right rab-e-do?

melissa

December 24, 2005 01:24 PM

well, i personally think that is a well shaped butt for a women who is probably a size 6-8...but beyond that...if Nike wants to get people to work out...more power to them. Yeah, im sure alot of us would like to have our backsides look that good...and im sure she worked the hell outta her glutes to get them to be so well shaped. so heres what i think...work out...eat right...your butt will look closer to that.. God Bless Bootys!

pirate_girl

January 6, 2006 08:46 PM

I'm offended by the fact that it's just a butt, rather than a shot of the whole woman, from the back. I don't care about black or white, of it, just that it objectifies the butt. We've done too much of this w/ breasts already resulting in idiotic women who get implants thinking that breasts that look like melons (rather than breasts) are attractive.

Clearly, it's marketing written by men to attract men. I can't imagine that it would attract women.

Should the day ever come that we market things by advertising mens' penis size, men would finally get the idea! They would mostly feel so sheepish & inadequate that maybe they'd start to think differently. But that day will never come, 'cause it's still a man's world in marketign terms (even tho' in America, women make up more than the majority & have more dollars in general to spend than men do).

Cecilia

January 24, 2006 05:27 PM

I think this woman's butt looks normal. I bet all the people who think it is fat, can't keep a small waist and thick, round butt. So they start hating on someone who can have curves but in shape. I am a latin, and let me tell you, our men love big butts, worked out of course. They don't like flat ones. They like curves under a nice tight dress, not an ironing board.

gman

January 31, 2006 05:56 PM

I've seen the video version of this arse, and she is in fact a white gal. Not thick, not fat, not black. Skinny as a rail with a great can! Get off the race card already!

lisa

February 1, 2006 07:28 PM

I am Latina. All my life, I've had a big butt. As a young girl, i was athletic, short, thin, muscular, but always had a butt. When I started hanging out with white girls, they all compplaned about their butts, which were all flat and small. My mother has a big butt, my grandma has a big butt, her mother has a big butt, it doesn't matter what i do, if i work out, it stands up more. This ad is not a revolution for anyone, it's the norm for most latinas n black women. They're only telling us what we allready knew, and giving us something to chuckle about.

Whitney

February 3, 2006 02:32 AM

I wish I knew a way to contact the model in the Nike ad and ask her what she does to keep her butt so full...

Genevieve

February 3, 2006 03:34 PM

Thanks to everyone who responded to this add positively.There is a white guy at work whose has a girlfriend but is always eye-balling my ass ( because it's juicy ;) It's getting very annoying. I wish he would focus on his work and leave me alone. I agree with you gingerggg! Black women have a lot more to offer than just their ass!I like it when I'm able to out think guys ( while they're busy looking at my ass, I'm 2-steps ahead of them!

Monya

February 5, 2006 04:48 PM

I think there is something beautiful to celebrate in every culture. Every race and culture has features about them that are beautiful. I think, as a Black women, we have been told to cover up our butts, because they were, too sexual. There is nothing wrong with having curves. I think that this is a very strong move for Nike. I am glad their doing it.

dsum

February 15, 2006 06:11 AM

As someone who is in her late 20s and still wearing size 00, it reminds of the pain I feel when I do go shopping to hear comments that being that little is not "normal". My whole life I have felt like a freak for being petite. Im not anorexic, I just have my mom's small frame. These ads just make me feel worse about myself...thank you!!! There is nothing wrong with being little.

Hal Love

February 16, 2006 12:35 AM

black women and Men are very beautiful, always have been and always will be very beautiful. no amount of copying their attributes, talents and cultural creativity is going to allow others to out do them at what comes from them. The majority led media always steals from the brown people of the earth(People of african Descend)to get rich and wealthy or portray themselves as extremely beautiful. When they're doing this, they always pretend like a particular give or talent never existed until they dress themselves up to be perceived as having invented/originating it. Some one above stated that the topic was about booty, why it has to ended being about race. The answer to that is that it's because underneath it all, this ad as well as everything in america has strong racial tones to them in a way to always send some message of competition or of being higher, better or lower than someone from a different skin color background. It's white people who promote this kind of thinking, and constantly try to influence other people through media sources to think and feel in a way that pleases their views.

Don

February 17, 2006 05:55 AM

Thin is not in any more, healther more curver looking butts are in. It just so happens to be that women of color have nice round butts, get over it.

Kelly

February 25, 2006 11:16 PM

The butt is nice. Not big in the traditional sense of the word, but big as in not a result of starving one's self. It gives women, overweight and underweight, something to model after. And as far as the race issue, the black subculture has sought after this type of butt while the mainstream has ignored it. so for those of you who love to say "Don't play the race card.", it's been played...and it won the game.

Jah

March 1, 2006 03:34 PM

Hate to break it to you Howard nd others, but black women are not the only ones with big behinds and full lips. Get over yourselves

eddie

March 6, 2006 03:33 AM

butt butt is a very beautiful thing to see

LH

April 15, 2006 10:30 AM

stop generalizing people. I understand that it much easier to lump people in a groups, but these stereotypes are not 100% true. Not all African American and Latinos have big butts and same goes for white girls not having them. I'm african, but I very much lack the booty. Whoever made that comment about people who are able to fit in a size 0 are deemed 'not normal' is just wrong. It's not that women are not made to fit into the smaller sizes, it's less frequent that women are able to fit into these sizes nowadays. Stop hatin' on the skinny women, that is why there's always a bunch of smaller sizes.

This ad picturing a well rounded butt is just not enough for me to go and buy nike. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

trevor

April 16, 2006 08:31 AM

women are meant to be bottom heavy with hips to match for child bearing purposes.
now if a woman's backside is bigger than it needs to be then she has a problem.

Jon walsk

April 17, 2006 04:05 PM

You need to get over yourself Jah youre probably upset because you dont have a big booty.

Lacy

May 11, 2006 02:06 PM

I truely feel it's about Dam time we Big Butt women are finally appreciated for our Outter Beauty as well as out inner beauty! We thank you guys for putting the cart before the horse sort of speak. Just know there is a lot more where that Butt has come from, meaning our young women are developing something crazy now a days! I don't know maybe it's something in the diet soda.Holla!

Joel

June 8, 2006 03:23 AM

So I get this in my email and I am expecting something about a "big" butt. That is a nice bubble butt in that ad, I admit, but when someone says big butt I think "Wal-Mart shopper" big. I don't see how this ad targets "real" people.

Melissa

June 11, 2006 11:52 AM

I definitely have to agree that this Ad is strange, since the butt featured seems to be the "ideal" size. I'm a white American, and I don't know where people got the idea that white people like having these flat butts. Biologically speaking, everyone likes a woman with a curvy behind.
But going beyond that, there is a limit to the shapes and sizes that beauty comes in. You can sit on the couch all day long eating cheesecake while Oprah shoves her "average American beauty" crap down your throat, but that doesn't change the fact that FAT IS UNHEALTHY. And as long as something is unhealthy, it will never be conisdered beautiful to the human mind. Sorry, that's the way the propogation of our species works. Obviously you feel the same way or you wouldn't be searching for things like this on the internet, trying to defend your fatness.
Nike is making you feel like you should eat a healthy diet and exercise? Oh no! Call the police! Suggesting that a woman be healthy and fit is surely damaging to her self-esteem!
Oh, and sorry for not being a "Normal" woman, I guess I'm just not a "Real Woman" since I can fit into a size 2 dress. Excuse me while I go sulk.

Karen

July 11, 2006 09:52 PM

I am a 40 something white woman and have always had a "bubble butt" no matter WHAT size I have been. From size 2 to size 14 (gained a LOT of weight during pregnanacy 20+ years ago) and now back down to a size 8-10 - that butt has ALWAYS been there. A classic "hour glass figure". I'm proud of it. And if someone takes a second peek as I'm passing by - then so be it. It's the epitomy of a woman. A "honkey tonk b'donk a donk" - a caboose. A lovely, wonderful, grab it while you kiss me butt. I've learned to love it.

Aphrodite

July 12, 2006 02:31 AM

I am a beautiful Greek goddess with large breasts, a small waist and a large butt. I always felt embarrassed next to my WASP blonde friends. It's wonderful to see that curvaceous and large are finally accepted and glorified. Kudos to Nike!

Sherwin

October 27, 2006 03:07 AM

Regardless of what color the woman is, I say it is a NICE butt......

Elle

October 27, 2006 04:03 AM

This model is not fat, not by a long shot! It's stupid to think that she is, just plain stupid. Frist off, while everyone has been staring at her ass, did any of you notice her legs? They look pretty skinny and lump-free to me. See any love-handles popping out of her hot pants? No? Me niether. She is actually bending down to show it off more and the material of the shorts emphasizes her curves, not to metion the camera angle is helping her out as well. I don't think this is a big butt, not at all. As a recovered anorexic I think we should all keep in mind that alot of young women are literally dying to be skinny. When people say a fit, thin, model has a big butt, just becuase she doesn't look like she has just come off life-support, it really hurts those of us with eating disorders, just reading your artical made me want to skip dinner. My butt now looks a bit like that now that I am dealing with my issues and have started eating again. I just have to keep reminding myself, I've never heard any guy, black, white, asian, whatever, say "Yeah, that girl over there with the flat-as-a-board-ass is really hot." Maybe all those pin-thin waifs don't have it all, maybe sometimes, just sometimes, their perfect husbands in there perfect upper-east-side bedrooms are thinking about we poor big butts just to get themselves through another intimate evening with a woman who has all the ass curves of a wooden plank.

diamond girl

November 1, 2006 02:08 PM

Im a mom of several children and i'm 36. My first husband always thought that I had to be very thin to be attractive. I was 5'5 and weighed 105 when I got married. When I had my 5th child I weighed a year later 125, keeping my weight at 125 was hard and I had to keep my self starved all the time. I'm now in another marriage and my husband loves my full curves. we have had one more child together and he loves my butt. He says that hes afraid if I work out too much that my butt will go away. So I have to put lots of squats into my routine. Thanks guys who share their love of big butts.

lolo

November 14, 2006 12:57 AM

where did you hear that sweetie?have you checked BET for the past few years?i can't seem to escape ass,don't know what planet you live on.

Martha-Lee Stewford

November 16, 2006 04:02 AM

Ignore marketing and advertising.
That's probably the worst thing you can do for it, and the last thing it wants.
I know that's tough because it's often arrogant, obstinate, irritating and officious.
It sells you more toxic fantasy than anything of true substance, and even then, sometimes it can still be toxic-- if not to you, then to the environment or a sweatshop overseas.
I think we give too much misplaced attention to corporate media.
One attention I'd rather give has to do with laws being seriously changed to more effectively deal with corporations' continual onslaughts and insults in the name of profit, rather than people-- which is essentially where the *bottom*-line should be.

Kristen

November 17, 2006 07:35 PM

I could only dream of having a butt like that. Unfortunately my butt is the least remarkable part of my body. Too bad I'm cursed with flat-butt genes. I wish I had grown up in the era of "does this make my butt look big?"

jamar

November 27, 2006 04:04 PM

I LIKE & LOVE BIG BLACK SLOPPY WET JUICY STANKIN SMELL LIKE DOG FART BUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carliii

November 28, 2006 04:17 PM

Wow i LOVE this ad, regardless of the models ethnicity. For everyone who is hating on girls with nice behinds, you need to get over yourself. Just because you can fit in a size zero doesnt mean your "healthier" than anyone else. it means you have no ASS!

sabrina

December 9, 2006 11:26 AM

well, a real woman has curves, and I'm glad to see that Nike finally gets it...but I'm not sure if it's truly helpful to "exploit" a person by focusing only on the body parts

Jasmine

December 14, 2006 07:44 PM

no nike dont need praise for this because

1) they represent the opposite of acceptance as their label is what poor kids strive to get

2) fck them anyway

and

3) how u know this isnt a black woman?

beauty is beauty no matter your colour

Shawna

December 30, 2006 07:36 PM

In the media, curves are starting to be glorified. Shapely, toned women with big butts and big breasts with curves are the ideal body type. Being skinny and petite is seen as gross and 'not normal'. I'm making no reference to any extremely skinny celebrities here, but for some girls and women, they have naturally small frames, and skinny and petite bodies. This is seen as 'gross' 'anorexic' 'bulemic' 'not normal'. The ideal body type is being reversed it seems, and while women are cheering for curves, naturally skinny women BORN with small frames and their body type are looked down upon and their body type is thought of as 'disgusting' by the majority. It's a sort of hypocrisy, a 'natural' and 'normal' woman's body is being celebrated, but 'curvy' seems to be the only definition of 'normal' nowadays! ALL body types should be celebrated, not just curvy body types! You all criticize the media for making young girls feel bad about their bodies and to embrace your body blah blah blah, but it's completely hypocritical to start insulting those with a different body type than 'curvy' and anything different than a curvy body (such as a skinny or petite body type) is abnormal and ugly!

D.Cerda

January 3, 2007 12:35 AM

So now what, Tiny butts are hedious and boring therefore, it's time to start worshipping big butts? I don't know if people are aware of this or not, it's really difficult for women like me who naturally have a small butt to have a big, curvy butt. I'm half asian half hispanic and I happened to have a tiny butt. and I have to work out at least 2 hours a day (mainly buttocks enlarging exercizes) just to keep up with my latina girlfriends with big butts around here.

There are times well, let me rephrase that, Day in day out I feel extremeley self-conscious about my small butt and pray to God that he gives me a big, curvy butt one day.

I wish I could just accept the way I look and love my little butt. but the society that I live in does not approve of small butts and It's driving me nuts.

and Frankly, when I see an ad like this, I just want to hurt somebody.

Weight loss Pills

January 3, 2007 12:44 AM

This reminds me of the song I love big butts and I can not lie. LOL. I guess as long as the chest is as big as the butt or the same size there is no need to lose weight :). Thats my two sense!

addy

January 11, 2007 05:18 AM

its really beautiful and marvellous..can u pls send me more pretty and big asses pics ..i shall be so grate full to u ..
thanx and ragards

SS Easwaran

January 13, 2007 05:59 AM

I always love Women who are very PLUMPY in size with Big BOOBS and above all BIG BUTTS. Women with these features should be called Women, not that skeletons walking on the ramps.

Big Booty Mona

January 15, 2007 06:00 AM

If Cameron Diaz wishes publicly to have a big booty like J Lo and Beyonce it means that many white women now want to really have big butts.I am a white lady and my butt was just 36" few years ago and I workded hard and changed my diet to increase the size of my glue and now I have a real big bubble butt of 44" and all the men I know like it and think it is very sexy.So big butts are usually very common among blacks and Latinas while we white ladys either have very small butts or extremely large butts that look ugly.A big bubble butt should be toned and perky and very bubble that looks very sexy under your jeans or your sexy dress..............not a massive butt that looks saggy and ugly.If you ladys want to be like me keep doing excercise and change your diet.

bardhyl

January 20, 2007 07:21 AM

she is a beautiful but im here for somethin else to search a help for the sicken child ,we need a money to buy a adrenal for ten child please help with your contribution on this account number :
1150143030000170

meme

January 22, 2007 08:26 PM

Why would you,or someone else want to make a web site on that.you and who ever is doing this is no do need to get a different web site i know if i dont like it go to another web site,but i just want that comment to flow pass it on makes you think uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhu................

Shikeeria

February 3, 2007 12:00 AM

Its not the fact that maybe a certain race has a big butt or whatever, many people like to say that even White women have big butts. Its just the majority of Black women do. And the majority of White women that I have seen at my school and everyone else, have flat butts. No offense, but its the truth. The complete opposite of BW. Because WW tend to want to slim down, you know less curvy, smaller in size. As a BW tend to want to be curvy, and etc. Like myself actually.

anna

February 16, 2007 06:41 PM

personally i think this SUCKS, but i will say thats because after going thru anorexia as a pre-teen, i now have to start working out like a guy at the gym, using every leg machine + a bazillion squats just so i can be on a level playing round with black girls.

all you people raving "oh wow 'real' woman" wtf alot of the women in this country are just not naturally voluptious. as much as we'd like to be, our body won't ever be anywhere near an hourglass shape. it by no means is marketable, this woman is not real, look at her back muscle tone, this lady puts hours a day into looking that way. in 2004, 33.2% women were obese.

at least with thinness, the general idea was a lower bmi and muscle tone. now it's this "ghetto" crap. instead of looking like ladies, most of the girls i see everyday look like hookers. i know these are signs of the times, but i can't help but hate it.

last, i think the overall change in taste reflects the feelings of the majority. almost all black men, latino men, and many white men like big butts. they're the ones choosing the mothers of the next generation, and they're doing it based on boobs and butts. i'm not sure if this is a good thing.

TAMIKA

February 20, 2007 12:38 PM

Okay Im 5"2 105-110 pounds and I'm not a size 0 But a size 5 nearly 6,I guess I'm considered small for an African American female.(though some of us need to go on a healthy diet)Carlii a real women has curves?No I don't think so.A females phyiscal appearance doesn't define how much of a woman they are.A female whose indepedent that can take care of herself and her responsibilities is a real woman,That can be a woman with or without curves..For Addy...its okay to have your perference for women that have big behinds and are big breasted,but you shouldnt bash women that have a smaller frame because God made us this way.hopefully your penis isn't as small as your mind is...(since most women like guys with a big stick)which is a myth...

Martha-Lee Stewford, Inc.

February 22, 2007 05:43 PM

This is the apparent glam-shot of a corporate CEO:

[ http://lcb.uoregon.edu/images/visionaries/phil_knight_full.jpg ]
Notice the sincere smile, gracefull neck, perfect teeth and killer hair-style.

This is another, more casual and infinitely-coolly-posed pic:
[ http://images.businessweek.com/mz/05/02/0502best/images/phil_knight.jpg ]

This is but one face of the many behind what you might (publicly or intimately) consume.
One of many who want you to be a good little consumer and buy their stuff (that you can't live without, right?) so they can make a profit for their egos, fame, mansions, cars, private islands, yet more profit, or whatever have you. And they might just play on your fears, ignorance, and insecurities to do so, and leverage *their* media, marketing tactics, and their favourite fantasy anorexic post-pubescent runway models, overseas labour, or loosely-affiliated industries to do so.
And it doesn't really matter what you say about it because, hey, you're supposed to go along with what *they* say about it, not the other way around. I mean, if it did, wouldn't things be a little different by now? Afterall, we are talking about Capital-ism, not People-ism.
David Kiley (hopefully!) knows this, but then, he writes for Businessweek, and for business or economics, some truths are inconvenient.

Leila

March 6, 2007 03:07 AM

@ ANNA please shut the hell up. If you want to morph into whatever is popular at the moment that's you.
Just because you don't have the self esteem or self worth to appreciate the beauty of your own damn body doesn't mean your fragile weak-willed ass has to make that everyone's problems.

So you binged and purged as a teen now what....are you going to get your ass, hips an breasts pumped to look more 'ethnic'? To fit in? Why not throw in a matching pair of lips too?
What a dumbass.
No one said you had to keep up. Stay shapeless and flat-assed! Who cares...?

...and what do you mean by 'ghetto' crap.
It is about praising women who are actually shaped like women. Praising the feminine form. Salma Hayek, Scarlet Johanson, Beyonce, to name a few...
As far a Latino, Black and other cultures which celebrate a WOMANLY body allow me to enlighten you on something.

As another poster stated, being 'thick' and curvy is indeed about maintaining proper health.

The BLACK IDEAL that you're referring to is a slim waist, wide hips, healthy thighs and a nice sizeable ass.
Not fat. Not overweight.
Sistas tend to be bigger so a womanly shape is appreciated. A woman with a little meat on her. A woman with 'body'. Who is 'built' like a BRICKHOUSE.
You don't think you have to work for that body?
Please...
A few examples for your search:
Beyonce,
Melysa Ford,
Kenya Moore.
Kitoy Johnson,
Esther Baxter,

(All natural. All woman. No photo shop.)

Anyway just because YOU don't have a 'nice' body shape doesn't mean that's true of everyone else. Many women do have curvy bodies (breasts, hips, thighs, butt) I see it all the time.
I'm 5'4; 36D-29-45 myself. I would be considered fat by BMI standards but I could give a damn about BMI and dress sizes because I have more muscle than fat. I dont' have a gut. I work out 3 times a week weight training. I just have big hams, quads and calves and butt. I've always been solid and thick like this. So I'm not about to kill myself to please anyone. I don't care because I like me.

Of course there are negative drawbacks to all this.
Women who are slim will undoubtedly feel slighted because they are left out.
And the big girls and the obese (like MONIQUE) are just riding the coattails of this movement and calling themselves 'thick'.
Fat isn't healthy.
Feel good about you but if your gut sticks out further than your ass and you have rippled thighs you are not 'thick' in any sense of the word.
Stop calling yourself that.
You're fat.
Simple as that.

Sarah

March 7, 2007 11:10 PM

I don't think race has anything to do with your "butt size". I see a lot of white girls with small butts, but I'm white, and I've got a bigger ass than the girl in the add (without stickin' it out) and my waist is very slim.

I'm not latin, or black, I'm just a white girl with a big booty. Is there a problem?

I like this add, though I don't think that's an "average butt". My butt is abnormal for a white girl, I honestly don't know how I got it... but anyway, that ad isn't really depicting the average bum.

sarah

March 11, 2007 12:43 PM

I can't belive that no one has commented on the fact that whoever the model is, she is definately sticking her butt OUT. You can tell by the fact that her upper body and lower legs aren't even aligned. Duh. She is probably flat arsed if you saw her in a pair of normal jeans...

And, as far as marketing/campaigning goes, I hate to break it to most of you, but the "normal" women in the Dove commercials aren't picked up off the street. Have you honestly actually seen an "ugly" "normal" woman in the new Dove adds? They plow through hundereds of women with a fine toothed comb to pick the ones worthy of being in the commercials. It's plain to see they pick the most beautiful "normal" women.

jj

March 12, 2007 04:14 PM

What side of the fence are you on... or are you riding it? I'll answer that question.

I'm a latino male of mixed heritage (Euro, Indigenous, Middle Eastern, and possibly Asian blood) with a bubble butt and have worked out and biked since i was a toddler. Living in a middle class neihgborhood of Phoenix, AZ, I rode my bike all the time through the desert, ran track and field, and delivered newspapers up and down hills after track practice. I have what are called "thunderthighs" according to what the surgeon that fixed my knee -- ACL replacement -- said about them. He was scandinavian, so perhaps he saw the world through a different filter than I.

In high school track and field I was decent, not bad nor the best. But I had strength.

However, when we had to practice chin ups and I had a heavier rear than the WAS(P) kids, then several times they would laugh, including the coach, and make comments at my rounder than normal ass.

I didn't even know it was like that until my mother made a comment about my dad's father's bigger than "normal" butt.

The butt discrimination came later too... Paying my way through college, I worked at restaurants, and the Mexicanos I worked with, culturally trying to make fun of other men, especially Gabachos and mixed race men to put them down, would grab my ass and try to demean me in joking terms. It was not fun, nor was I laughing, and being taller than most of them, I would use that to my defense to make them back off. When it happened one last time at a particular restaurant and I called this guy in his, what i would call, hetero to hetero sexual harrasment, I got fired because he told the managers that I deserved what had happened to me because according to him I had been fucking with the Mexicanos for a long time.

I am half-Mexcano -- mother from Guadalajara, size of LA,USA and I can tell you that I don't "fuck" with Mexicanos.

So, the story goes...

I got an ass, and it's a bubble butt, and I am a man, and a Latino, and speak Spanish, and even to this day am weary of how I show my ass off to the world.

Let's stop the philosophical insights, or political/critical views and speak from personal stories.

It's like in cineman -- the best stories are the ones that bring you in and entice you to hear the perspective of the characters interacting. The worst movies perhaps are those that don't use plot nor character developments, but rather, cliches to try to hype the succession of images and sound.

VIVA LA BIG BUTT/NALGAS/RUMP/POMPIS!

PS/PD and i love myself some nice firm tight ass too. hehe.

Indigo

March 13, 2007 05:12 AM

If you are you're individual, then you don't need to be so sensitive to the media, take it for what it is...a promotional ad for a big company. For those of you how take offence to this advertisement, you have a very narrow concept of people and life, you can be any size/shape and be healthy or unhealthy. I'm a 16w 5,6 with a very pear figure but I work out 3x a week and I can lift more than most people my age. Just look at me on myspace and tell me I'm fat. myspace.com/indigo_sto I don't think so! People need to learn to love themselves, if your honest with yourself...and feel should work on some personal flaws then do so freely with out complaint! Be open, respect all, and be realistic to the fact that every1 is different! If you do these things, no figure will offend you, and you will be happy in your own skin. No one has the right to criticize the body of another, this just leads to more problems, besides that fact that its just wrong!!!! Its not the shapes that are the real issue here...its the ATITTUDES! If you work to be the best person you can be, nothing will get to you, and you'll be intelligent enough to appreciate ones who are not like you! Be positive, be real, be honest, and for once...TRY to see the beauty/good in all people!

LOL...I read through every1's response prior to mine, as usual, people can't seem to agree with anything. On one side, you've got people praising this add for stepping slightly out of the mainstream, and on the other side you've got people hating on this add because they either can't get a round butt at all, or they don't feel that this woman is shapely/large enough. So, what's the big deal? Nike was trying to be orginal with this ad. As a woman, I get so tired of seeing the same old predictable body parts being portrayed within the media such as breasts, tummies, head-shots...a butt IS new and gaining more respect. No matter if your a size 0 or 24w, black or white...stop haten on this lady and ad.

ashley

April 23, 2007 06:04 PM

well im a white girl wit a big butt.all the black and rican boys like my butt they aloways hold my hips and whisper to me dat i have a big black girl booty.ihang out wit a lot of black and rican girls andall the boys be lookin at my ass
but i like it and i always try to wear the tightest jeans but not to tight or else my mom will complainthat it is too slutty im 15 and i love my big butt lol

Vanessa

May 2, 2007 03:10 PM

black ppl hav bigger ass coz we got d shape d looks everything that is on our body is good

kimy

May 19, 2007 08:32 AM

what i wanna say is i love big white girls butts im just crazy about it please let me see som you have my email up

thanks

Jose

May 21, 2007 09:28 AM

The best all time Nike ad I've ever seen has to be this crazy Power Rangers one from Japan.

Big Booty Mona

May 28, 2007 01:41 PM

I am a white lady from London,UK and I am 33 years old, 5'9" tall and I really have a big bubble butt. 38-28-45 and I am 145lbs. So I think big bubble butts have no race but among latinas and blacks you will have many ladys with nice curvy bubble butts than you can find among white women.

DIAMOND

June 2, 2007 08:02 PM

Hey, I'm a Black lady and I've always been proud of my body. Everywhere I go people are always observing my Big booty, thick, thighs, slim waist and my big breast. I love it!!!!

Lowrekus Wardlow

June 9, 2007 09:34 PM

Skinny and pretty sells because this is a stolen White America country. I guarantee you if black people ran this country, the thing that would sell would be pretty and thick, with a round phat ass, not Fat ass. Boy I swear ,and white people call us dumb. You will never understand, but that's cool. I love my big booty black ladies, you can keep your Jessica Simpsons. Trust me.

Newt

June 14, 2007 07:56 AM

If I wanted to look at everyday folks with blemishes, celulite, and a whining brat on each arm, I'd go to the grocery store.

I like people that look like they eat, but let's not get crazy

Kevin

June 26, 2007 11:07 PM

come on now...the glutes on this woman are beautiful. As for the rest of this conversation...W.E.B. DuBois said it best, the problem of the 20th century, is the problem of the color line'...it still is, God have mercy on us all...

tamara Ward

July 9, 2007 02:51 AM

I am a 32 year old black full figured woman and i have been criticised by black men for being overweight. Black men loves thick women and not fat women so i found that out the hard way when i am constantly ignored. I feel like i have to lose weight in order to get a nice black man. Black men talk about racism but it is ok to discriminate over a black plump female. It is so horrible I black men are so prejudice over bodies and disinclude heavy women because they are not video girls.

Dionne Hill

July 11, 2007 10:27 AM

I would like permission to ReRun your article "Nikes Big Butt is Bold and Beautiful" by David Kelly (August 15, 2005) in my monthly eBel-NewsLog. I will give all credit to David Kelly as the writer and supply a link back to your site stating: Courtesy of Business Week allowing my readers an opportunity to read the Blog comments regarding this article. I will also send you a copy of the eBel-NewsLog for your reference.

Thank You.

Dionne Hill
Owner/Designer
www.BelFomDesigns.com

From Kiley: I'm happy to give you permission. Post me again with your e-mail address.

adil

July 17, 2007 12:34 AM

i m 28 oy i leave in morocco
i m so glad to post a com in orth to find more friend i m waiting ...
dialkoma@hotmail.com

aventura

July 21, 2007 05:56 PM

ok i think the writer missed the point as well. This butt is a toned perfect but and its beautiful but it is not a depiction of reality at all. also i agree with the women who wrote about the correlation between image n life situations...and this is disgusting that theres only a butt on the add ...and even more disgusting that it is aimed to appeal to women, and that women find this a comfortable image to have on a nike add.....

deandra Graham

July 26, 2007 02:07 PM

Does this ad represent real women? No. I don't know many women that go around with their tails poked out. But with that said the ad does show that society is coming along way. There was a time when having a big behind was not celebrated. Heck, I still have friends that ask "does this make my butt look big."

I have never been able to give an answer to that question.

I do believe that race does have a place here. To the extent that some of the ads have gone, no. I am Black not AA, but Black. I was taught to love being Black.To a certain extent though.

My lips were big and my mother would tell me not to wear bright or dark colored lipstick, I've always had a "big butt" and I am quite curvy. At 150 lbs. I wear a size 14 and I am 5'7'. Most people would say that a 14 is fat, well the waist in my pants does not fit and I have to have all of my bottoms altered.

There was an old saying that said "cute in the face and thin in the waist." I hold true to that. If I weighed 100 I'd wear a size 5, because of my hips and butt. I agree that black girls for a long time were told that what they looked like was not the true features of beauty. As far as society was concerned.

I also have to say that I really didn't think that JLo had a big behind. What about Pam Grier and Bernadette? JLo didn't even compare to them. Lela Rachon is shaped well and yes Beyonce' looks great. We were shaped this way before it was "celebrated".

Thank you Sir Mix-A-Lot for praising us when nobody else would. I end by saying that someone recently told me that I had a ghetto booty. I told my grandmother, because I hadn't been teased about it in a long time. Old people have a way with words. She said, "Chile in my day the way you look a Coke Cola bottle would ask for forgiveness to be in your presence."

Cherissee

August 6, 2007 11:45 PM

Well, I just wanna say that society is to obsessed with appearance. Im 5"4,152 pds,with a big ass and wide hips but does that really make me more beautiful than anybody else? Or what if I was 115 pds?Would that make me better than who I am now? Answer, Hell no. Everybody just needs to embrace their own body type and work wit it. Dont be worried if your too skinny or too thick just try to be healthy as u can. To the people that are puttin other people down because of what they look like you should be ashamed of yourself. I embrace me. Thick ,fine, and lovin it, but I dont critisize others for no lookin like me. That is a definite sign of self hatred.

Reality

September 10, 2007 09:38 PM

The only thing I don't understand why are people who comment mix the racism and the simply business strategy. As J-Paul mentioned above, it is motivating to see healthy looking person on the magazine in a way that lazy people at least looking at that might be willing to exersice and eat right. That does not mean that we all have to be obsessed by skiny people or anything but we should be obsessed by the health and healthy looking people will certainly positively influence.

Whether a person is African American, Asian American, European, or Hispanic, etc, health is important and hence the healthy look should also be viewed as positive and motivating factor for others.

Redouane

October 21, 2007 04:52 PM

Be more respectful who ever is talking about asses and buts, and sexy. Our sons can be on the internet and ARE going to be influence by this ad.

Dionne

October 26, 2007 12:32 PM

THAHK YOU VERY MUCH!

My email address is...dionne@belfomdesigns.com
**********regarding************************

Thank You.

Dionne Hill
Owner/Designer
www.BelFomDesigns.com

Posted by: Dionne Hill at July 11, 2007 10:27 AM

Steph

November 2, 2007 09:09 AM

The thing is. Yes, all sizes of people can be pretty/handsome, but, just because someone is PLUS size doesn't mean they are going to have a big butt and big legs. Some of us are top heavy with wide shoulders and smaller hips.

Rey

November 14, 2007 01:55 AM

These ads are wonderful. They totally give women the freedom to be who they are without the society's historical stereotypes. What would you be: Model skinny to the bones? Ideal size with meat? or Obese? Think about it. The person who came up with this idea is a geneous. That person is really thinking outside of the box and expanding out of the dimensions. THANK YOU. Women like me, need motivation like this. =)

webb

December 5, 2007 02:06 PM

what if the ads really reflected the general population? i'd like to see someone with more tattoos than teeth hawking whitening pollish

Jessica

March 14, 2008 07:56 AM

Leila, I agree with you somewhat. I think it is very important for everyone to like themselves. But just because you may appear overweight, doesn't necessarily mean you are unhealthy. Sometimes in is just in the genes you know. I think Monique is beautiful and she "seems" to be very agile. Did you see her and the other women do their dance number to Beyonces "Crazy in Love"? Them big girls was moving.

Jordan-not Mike

March 14, 2008 07:32 PM

I feel that shapely woman of any ethnicity is a beautiful thing. All you flat ass, skinny bony chicks out there stop hating. and for God's sake EAT SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

Martha-Lee Stewford, Inc.

November 3, 2008 05:01 PM

Every wo/man has their ideal shape. _You_ are your ideal shape, 'long as you're healthy.
It's our world-- thanks in part perhaps to turbo-capitalism'; 'market fundamentalism'; 'casino-capitalism';'cancer-stage capitalism'; 'McWorld'; and/or corruption, etc.-- that seems to be increasingly coming out of shape.
Focus on what really matters.
Too many shoes-- including, perhaps especially, Nike's-- hurt my feet.

Martha-Lee Stewford, Inc.

November 3, 2008 05:06 PM

"Big feet were seen as ugly so a woman skilled in foot binding would start binding girls feet when they were between 5 and 7 years old. They would be bound frequently over a period of about 2 years until they were the ideal size of 3 inches. The heel needed to be full and round with the big toe coming to a thin point."
-- http://www.learnwithmuseums.org.uk/museums/northants_museums/resources/chinese_bound.html

SolarGoddess

December 27, 2008 11:08 PM

Amazing! Do any of you have an idea how much your varied comments are worth? I'm guessing hundreds of thousands of dollars...and you gave them away to Nike for free. Next time, post this..."I will be more than happy to leave my particularly biased comments for a fee of $100.00 USD. Please send to my Paypal account under my email address. I will enter my comment within 48 hours." Sincerely, SolarGoddess

sistauniverse

December 31, 2008 02:14 PM

I am an 34 year old african-american female who has the typical body type (not fat all over, but I do carry more weight on my lower half; butt, hips and thighs). This has always been considered to be beautiful among my ethnic group and because of that some people have always felt that is was okay to comment on how fat my a@!##s was. Even though, I know that they are commenting on one particular body part and call themselves paying me a compliment, I've never appreciated the comments and found them to be really offensive. It seems to me that when a woman has a really big butt and hips people are quicker to call them fat than someone who may have big breast or even a big stomach. Therefore, I have always associated my big butt with being fat. I know that big butts are "in" now, but I am still dealing with the negative stereotypes that have been instilled in me about women with big butts (mainly from watching hip-hop videos and listening to music that overly exploits that body part). Sometimes I just wanna put on a pair of shorts or some tight-fitting pants without people assuming that I'm trying to show off my butt. I exercise and I am vegan/vegetarian, however, I still find myself having a hard time dealing with the fact that I have a big butt. Sometimes I feel like a failure and that I am doing something wrong, but my health is better now than it's ever been, so I just focus on that instead of one body part. I'm not where I wanna be yet, but my body image is much better than it was 10 years ago.

Peace

Ray Sist

May 19, 2009 02:58 AM

Leave it to James H and Howard to start a racist rant thread.
This article is for an ad campaign that compliments real women, not the Hollywood self-induced vomiters.

JAN BOYd

August 30, 2009 07:32 PM

I would like need pill for growth bigass for 3 months so I want order to supply for 3 months and because I feel bad falt my butt so I want like big butt better do it

Jack

September 18, 2009 10:50 PM

Everybody has to find stuff to be offended by huh? I think all the thick gals should celebrate their curves and be happy, whether white, black or hispanic, adorably curvy buns are great, and can be found in all ethnic groups!
Thru the 70's 80's and 90's too many young girls idolized skinny assed models who are all unrealistically thin, spreading an un healthy image causing gullible pre teen and teen girls to self destruct with fasting or suicide.
So can you stupid argument jockeys just be happy? The girl in the add has a firm and hot butt .We dont know for sure what her race is, but we do know shes voluptuous, and this is the new hot image for Asian, Caucasion,and so on.
Model gals no longer rule, so now all the schoolgirls can eat well!
And to the flat assed girls of America, ride youre bike! Uphill too!
peace all