World Wrestling Wombat

Posted by: David Kiley on December 22, 2004

WWE head Vince McMahon may not be a “big fat” idiot. But the “I” word definitely applies.

Upset that the media hasn’t been running enough warm fuzzy stories about the Iraq War, McMahon is using company funds (attention shareholders!) to “call out” The New York Times and other liberal media pinhead publications in a full page ad in The Times. McMahon is stopping short of challenging op-ed columnists Thomas Friedman and Paul Krugman to get into the ring. But McMahon feels he is doing his part to influence the national conversation about Iraq by…um…well…lemme see…what he is trying to accomplish by running this ad is…..if you stop and think about it…he’s saying…and the reason he is saying this is because……

Exactly.

Our reporter, Diane Brady, asked McMahon why he doesn’t weigh in on the steroid scandal. “It’s not really an issue for us,” replied McMahon. “We don’t test for it.” Of course. Why would it be an issue if you don’t test for it? You don’t test for it because probably 100% of the WWE performers are on steroids. The last time I checked, the WWE had a very big adolescent/teenage boy audience constituency. These kids are increasingly taking steroids to enhance their performance. And can we all agree that a 15 year old linebacker on steroids is a bad thing. Can we? Please.

Vince McMahon is a joke, just like his phony WWE product. Could it be that McMahon actually thinks his public persona and company money is better applied to criticizing the media for its coverage of Iraq than for educating young people about not using steroids. But he can’t do that, can he? How could he legitimately tell young people not to use steroids when the vast majority of his performers use them under his nose. I’m not sure if he is really this simple, or whether this is a move to cultivate the—“I’m Vince McMahon. I’m simple and proud of it”—brand franchise that appeals to Rush Limbaugh ditto heads and their offspring.

Like I said…World Wrestling Wombat.

JACK G.MULLIN

January 3, 2006 12:08 AM

THIS IS FOR MR.VINCE MCMAHON ALONE.SIR I HAVE WATCHED RAW FROM THE START.I HAVE ENJOYED THE MATCHES VERY MUCH.EXCEPT FOR LATELY THE WRESTLERS HAVE GONE WAY TO FAR.LIKE THRIPLE H HITTING BIG SHOWS HAND WITH THE SLUDGE HAMMER ON THE STEEL STAIRS.I THINK THAT THRIPLE H SHOULD NEVER HAVE THE SLUDGE HAMMER IN ANY MATCHES.IN MY HUMMBLE OPINION.I THINK THE NEXT TIME THRIPLE H USES THE SLUDGE HAMMER AGAIN.HE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM EVERY MATCH.PLEASE E-MAIL ME BACK.THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU'RE TIME.JACK.

dave dewolfe

January 4, 2006 1:28 PM

please dont hate on vince like that or thw wwe i take wreslting to heart, not only is it my job but its somthing i love, yes there are guys out there who use steroids, but dont go and acuse them just bc they have a great body. i mysleff am 5 foot 10 and i weigh 210 pounds im in the best shape i have ever been, i have barly any fat on me, and i have never touched a steroid in my life. it was all done threw hard work and dedication. like i said befor obviosly there are people in wwe who use steroids but it is not fare of you to bad mouth the buisness. yes i aggree the number of youth in the world takin these drugs is sickning and yes i do belive somthign needs to be done about it. but dont put the blame on vince, its not his responsibility too. if wrestlers use theses drugs its there choice he does not make them. most of these guys when they get hired by wwe are alrady roided up. in some cases isnt fair because its harder for others to get into the buisnes but thats the life of wreslting. it is not like steroids make the person a better wrestler. it just makes them bigger and that is the choice of the person and i no one should hold that agaisnt them. it is there body let it be. maybe if these kids who are doin theses drugs had better parents this would not be such an issue. it is obvious when someone is using steroids and a parent would have to be blind not to no. and yes wwe is phony but its entertainment. just like any other drama on tv, wich is also phoney ... anyway this is jsut how i felt, nothing against you, but that is my coment thank you

christina lynn walls

January 10, 2006 6:58 PM

dear vince mcmon i think and my dad and brother think that what you did to john cena was wong you are low down and non caring.and you should be asshamed for what you have done...plus all you care about is money sncerly yours,christina lynn walls and chris wall and christipher walls p.s.we are going to tell people who are angry we are going to tell them to not buy the roal rumble.

ben

February 4, 2006 4:30 PM

hi everyone...all my life i have liked wwe and the wrestlers but have allways been against steroids..now lets face it...look at chris masters, bobby lashley, batista...there is no human way to get a body like them without the use of steriods...personally i fink it ruines the buisness...but dont blame vince its not his fault.

Greg Tingle

February 5, 2006 2:43 AM

Folks, it's called professional wrestling aka sports entertainment. If you don't like it, as they say, turn it off. It's legal, networks pay for this to run on television, and fans pay to see it at live events. They are not perfect. If you want to get upset about something, turn on the TV news or read the newspapers. If youth need some mentors, they should look to their parents, school teachers and such. If their parents and teachers are not the greatest, they need to fund other decent folks to discuss the rights and wrongs of life with. Don't blame the WWE for everything not quite perfect. They do their best, for lets face it, legal, ethical and financial reasons. It's generally well known that its a tighter ship that it was back in the 80s for example.

simon matharu

February 24, 2006 11:44 AM

i have been watching the WWE for around 15 years and what Vince has done is amazing. he has made people's life's and produced entertainment for the world to see. The WWE is a multi million pound bussiness, so lets support the 'real superstars' in the ring, who travel up to 300 days a yaer across u.s.a and the rest of the world. well done vince!!!!!!!

taylah

June 18, 2006 3:12 AM

i dont think u can say very single wrestler is on steriods come on look at rey mysterio and shawn michaels and carlito i dont think u can stereotype every wrestler is . . . fair enough chris masters, batista, even john cena but in no way can u blame vince mcmahon

sean kelley

June 28, 2006 11:01 AM

I think that vince mcmahon is also on steroids along with such wrestlers as batista, chris masters, bobby lashley, john cena and other such wrestlers. But not all wrestlers take steroids, i mean look at nunzio, spike dudley, gregory helms and other crusierweights. I mean just look at what happened to eddie guerrero to see the damage that steroids can do to the body, i'm not saying they don't work hard to get their bodys the way they are, but you can tell by the veins as well that they are on steroids. I think that booby lashley doesn't need to take steroids because he is in fantastic shape already plus he is my favourite wrestler, and will become world champion one day. So, basically some wrestlers don't need to use steroids, because if they do, people are going to end up like eddie guerrero. DEAD, R.I.P EDDIE GUERRERO. From Sean Kelley

rich

August 29, 2006 12:57 AM

this bitch "sean kelley" needs to shut the fuck up..he doesnt know facts..thats just ur opinions

Paul Dudley

October 14, 2006 7:51 AM

Who cares who is on what drug? Its entertainment not a competitive sport. People who are dissing WWE and Vince are clearly jealous and insecure about their own bodies and way of life. If you don't like it then don't watch it. It is'nt that hard to work out!!!

Bret

November 6, 2006 6:47 AM

This Article is biggest Joke

Sara R.

November 18, 2006 5:25 PM

I think the wrestlers are not on steroids they have that body because of the exercise they do.why can people just belive that it´s possible to have a body like that whit exercise?? it´s possible whit hard work. and one more thing Eddie Guerrero didn´t die because of steroids and now that he died every one it´s taking that oportunity to make horrebul rumers about is death, the man has past way can people respect that please? and let him rest in peace.

Sean Kelley

December 6, 2006 12:46 PM

ive got a message for Rich and Sara, Eddie Guerrero died because of the use of steroids no argument. Backchat me again Rich your the one who is going to need steroids after ive finished with you just to mention im taking steroids at the moment im in great shape. And Sara, everyone knows wrestlers use steroids its a fact i mean just look at their bodies dont tell me they got their bodies like that just thourh hard work, i mean look at Batista, his veins are almost poppin out of his skin so shut your mouth and i dont want to hear from either of you two again u little faggots.

david jnes

December 24, 2006 8:27 PM

Eddie Guerrero died from narcotics and pain killers i doubt he ever took steroid because he's too small he was a drug addict

Jared

January 24, 2007 11:40 PM

Eddie Guerrero didnt die of steroids he just died because he took steroids!

BS

February 21, 2007 3:34 PM

Most of you haters are the way you are, because your fat losers that are jealous of the beauty and success of those that have it. WWE is entertainment, not a sactioned sport. Do you call for srug tests of Hollywood actors too?

Corey

February 24, 2007 5:36 AM

I really disagree with all that your saying here. Just another loud mouth who doesn't watch or like Wrestling putting it down, it's been going on for years. Do research,if your a writer like you claim and not just another hack do research first. I was in Wrestling and almost broke my neck and still have injuries to this day and that was way back in 2000 when I got them. If you think it's all "fake" Mr. Mouth,then step through the ropes and try it. And World Wrestling Wombat? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? And for kids that take steroids,well if they're stupid enough to do them because somebody says it's ok,well they should only blame the one that they see in the mirrior. It's like when a kid grabs a gun and blames it on a movie,it's not their fault it's the kids fault, he or she obviously lack the brain power to know right from wrong. TV is not a babysitter.

Corey

King Poppa1

February 26, 2007 1:46 AM

I have heard that all bigger people built a certain way are most likely affected by steroids. I'm a 6'2" 285 lbs specimen who has never in my life taken any kind of performance enhancing drug's. I wouldn't be afraid to take any kind of test given for these or any other type of drug. Mr McMahon has built a business up to the point of almost world domination. Give the man some credit. After all, isn't this what the American dream is all about.....making yourself into something, and overcoming poverty?

christopher

March 13, 2007 8:36 PM

i'll admit some wwe wrestlers take steroids but not John Cena Rey Mysterio Bobboy Lashely I think Batista takes steroids Eddie Guereoo dint die because of steroids.Rich needs to shut up about the WWE i'll admit its fake.But Stone Cold Steve Austin Jeff Hardy Matt Hardy The Rock Shawn michels Triple H Carlito Ric Flair and many other superstars don't take steroids at all most of them exercise a lot a day John Cena doesn't take steroids he works out a lot and Vince needs to think hes all that.I hope John Cena joins DX that would be awesome and if Brock Lensar come back.VINCE I HATE YOU!AND I CAN EXPRESS MYSELF IN TWO WORDS SUCK IT!!!!!!nobody likes you not even the pepole of the board did you see who they picked to be specil guest reffere The Texas Ratlle Snake!

Robyn

March 20, 2007 8:12 AM

Wreslters do not take steroids. they have things to live for. As for you assholes sayin that eddie guerrero dies cuz of that is sooooooo beyond ghey. its plain nd simple. he used narcotics nd other drugs nd he drank alot alot alot but thats gravy but u diptards need to stop hatin on the man bcuz even tho he's dead hes more a man then ull ever be in ur life u sorry dip nd y would u hate on some one like guerrero that man was amazin both in the squared circle nd outside of it. he faced his personal demons and i think u have some things u need to learn from him. read his book. step into his life. imagine if u had a family but only saw them for 65-70 days a year. can u imagine it?? can u imagine falling nd breaking your neck nd still having to finish the match?? as for kids doin drugs- they are idiots who r tryna be cool

Hugh Mitchener

March 21, 2007 12:39 PM

Please just come out and say what you really mean. You dont care about steriod use. You are just pissed because Vince is spending money to tell the truth about the war. Which is something your get Bush at all costs agenda is against. And since he is doing something that you do not want to happen, lets change the subject and trash the man.

Jeremy

March 27, 2007 3:41 AM

Let's face it, steroids are rampant in not only the sporting industry, but the entertainment industry as a whole. Isn't it about time the media, and most others for that, start concentrating on a solution rather than beating a dead horse? Besides, if steroid use by WWE wrestlers is our biggest concern, then we have some huge freaking problems. As a veteran, I say let's concentrate on getting the job done in Iraq, getting our boys home, educating our children, as well as a host of other meaningful duties, then we can worry about what Batista does with his God and Soldier given rights. They have their own choices on what to do with their bodies, I don't tell your fat ass not too have that extra helping at dinner, and that can be just as deadly. Besides, look at how fat the American society is becoming. So until you do your part to put the fork down, and help America's children to exercise and eat healthier, don't rip someone else for what example they are setting. Clean your own house before pointing out dirt in someone else's.

bill

March 27, 2007 10:25 AM

I think it is quite clear that almost all wwe superstars have used steroids. Vince Mcmahon has admitted to in the past and so has hulk hogan, lex luger, roddy piper, billy gramm. Amateur bodybuilders are nothing in comparison to IFBB pros that admit to steroid use. Now, if none of the current wwe superstars are using steroids than why are they by far more muscular and bigger than natural bodybuilders that dont take steroids. It's not rocket science, but who cares if they do or dont. If they are, do you think they are going to flat out admit it? Hell no, because nobody that did in the past admitted to it when they were on them.

terence

March 29, 2007 9:48 AM

lashley isnt on steroids

marlen

April 15, 2007 4:55 PM

Ive been a fan of WWE for three years now. I just have to say,if they are taking steroids thats their problem, why do you people care so much? Its Batista's friggin own body, not ours! Keep up the good work Vince! ;)

Scott

May 1, 2007 9:18 PM

yeah i no a lot take steriouds but john cena dont and a lot others dont i dont care what u people say cena is a real champ he lives and dies for fighting and hes good at it

vikrant

June 20, 2007 9:29 AM

hi everyone, after reading all the comments (though few of them were baseless) i have come to a conclusion that we have no rights to say anything to vince, he is simply running his business and by watching wwe we are supporting that business. its not of big concern whether cena takes steroids or batista takes. they are professional they do take, but people shoud decide ontheir own whether they shud get influneced by it or not. Steroids are risky if and only if they are not taken properly oterwise i know people whoare on steroids and are doing well in life...

so it all depends on you >>>>>>>>>>>> VIKRANT

eydie

June 26, 2007 5:13 PM

Oh, come on people! Batista looks HOT!!! and I'm sure WWE is doing ok, look how long Vince has been handling the business, people still continue to watch, and if you don't like it turn off the tv, simple as that.

Eydie

June 26, 2007 5:16 PM

Oh come on people, Batista is HOT!!! I think WWE has done great, and Vince is handling the buisness quite well! And if you don't like it turn the tv off, simple as that!

angie

June 27, 2007 9:58 PM

hey sorry to disappoint u guys but u cant tell who is on steroids and who is not just by looking at their bodies.There was a report that came out a few months ago and it was found that Edge had taking some form of it also Kurt Angle so you cant look at a persons body type and say oh yeah they are on steroids.Unless they admit it you really don't know. I think that there is a lot more to this Benoit story than we know God bless his family.

ben

June 30, 2007 3:08 AM

all you peple are dum there all on roids. roid are dum im 6ft 2 im 265 pounds im prosonl tringer im a master in fitness. if you take roids it fuck you over .all you young kids that are taking roids you have fake musle it takes years to get big and 3000 cal a day and 350g of protion a day you think those wwe super star have 3hr a day to spend in the gym they eat on the go food and take roids i have work with some of these super star no one on here nos what they are talking about!

oh no..

July 2, 2007 6:45 PM

Gotta watch out for them sludge hammers.

Dave hill

July 3, 2007 6:15 PM

OK first of all,I am in a 100% agreement with sean kelley, I TAKE THEM TOO!!! I really dont think its bad for you! as for all you stupid ass mother fuckers, EDDIE DID TAKE ROIDS, but he didnt die from them!!! Bobby Lashley isnt on them, john cena isnt on them, batista isnt on them! Scott Steiner, on the other hand, has a serious steroid side effect!! look at him, he's fuckin gross! All the wrestlers lift and have their own workout routine! thats all it takes...

ASSHOLES!

joe

August 16, 2007 12:15 PM

im one of the smartest guys in the world and i take steroids and you can to if you want ...my balls have shrunk a little and my dick barely works without punching the shit out of it
my gf cheats on me and my kids call me a freak but its all worth it when i can look in the mirror and feel myself up

Jessica

September 4, 2007 11:33 PM

Dear Mr.McMahon
I've been watching wrestling for not to long only 2 years but I love John Cena!!!!!!!!! Nd i think that making him fight that fucker, stupid, idiot, hater, ugly ass, nd sick randy orton is hella messed up! I know ur not a nice man but please.
all my friends watch wwe raw nd making john cena fit him WRONG! We ALL LOVE JOHN CENA! Nd i'll tell dem 2 stop watching!

megan

September 22, 2007 6:28 AM

you obviously aint relly spoke 2 vince coz hes got da wellness policy goin great now al thepeople who shouldnt b there are not here and all the people who should, r.I ya dntlike wrestlin, vince, or any thing else about it turn ya telly of ya idiot vince would not say it aint a big issue otherwise he wouldnt of tested kennedy, cena, lashley, edge and all of those guys.vince cares and hes doin a great job unlike the person who has wrote the article at the top whos a lyer and is so now good enough to speak to mr mcmahon

kennethy thurman

September 27, 2007 1:43 PM

let me say one thing they say steroid makes you look old, Batista looks like he's in his 40's.

George

October 19, 2007 7:17 AM

Okay! Let's get this straight! For first just because Batista is my favourite wrestler i am not doing it for this. First of all Batista or John Cena were not one of the ten wrestlers that were suspended! Anyway where do u have the proof that Batista is on steroids just because of his veins, he just may lift weights all day to get into the right shape that he is in! Incase u guys didn't know there is an actually WWE Fitness Program Oh please get ur facts first are u all trying to be Doctors!

damian

October 20, 2007 3:17 AM

there is no way a 60 year old man can be in the shape that vince is by not using steroids. he sets the worst example, there all on fuckin roids and u would be stupid to think they are not. how do u think these guys recover from injuries like broken necks. not from a good massage.

mandela

October 26, 2007 8:56 PM

guerrero died from an untreated heart disease,his bloodcells had grown weak and had minmized and shrunk, he wos involvd in a fatal car accidnet in 1999 witch required him having prescribed steroids, u shud check his wikipedia before u start chattin what u dont no

wrestlers on steroids:
lashley
batista
randy orton
mr kennedy
cena
jon morrison
big show b4 he got released
jeff hardy
edge
boogeyman and a few others

Tevin Banks

December 10, 2007 10:10 AM

I do not like when people say things that is not true wwe is the best thing popin wright now if i had a choice i would watch it every day.The thing that you people say about wwe is not right like bobby lashley how can you all prove that he is on riods do you have prof did you see hem when he took them NO NO NO......just because he is a big man does not mean he is on riods my dad is 55 years old and weigh 290 pounds and he do not take riods the way he is like that is beacuse he has his own gym.if you people do not like wwe do not watch it you have the coice to turn the tv or watch something els.and stop talking about vince it is his bussnes he can run it the way he wont,s to i have been a fan of wwe for 4 years and wresling is never to much for me. two thing hop off vince i love your work and hope you keep doing what you are doing.

Lucas lavandier

December 10, 2007 1:45 PM

I have been on roids for two year know and there is know way wrestlers are on them, because of roids i am know 250 pounds of fat, and i have small testickles, and i get the shits alot.

Lucas lavandier

December 10, 2007 1:45 PM

Michael Turner

December 24, 2007 9:12 PM

Anyone who follows wrestling can agree they have a tremendous,grueling schedule of shows, in ring practices,public interviews,charitable events,travelling,and they sleep.

So when do you think they find the time to put in a natural workout that shows the results we see, without a little assistance. Come on we can't be that nieve.

At the end of the day who really cares their performers,do we care if Brad Pitts on the juice for his next movie, no we'll still pay at the gate

Michael Turner

December 24, 2007 9:12 PM

jerome

March 31, 2008 5:29 PM

vince mcmahon doesnt care he's been on steroids i seen couple wwe wrestling programs and at his age he could not build muscle big or fast that quick.
no only wrestlers do steroids but all sports even police officers-makes me think twice im not doing drugs at all ,if i lift weights,natural protein only. drugs can mix up or kill.say no to drugs-drug -free