Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
For entrepreneurs, creative thinking can be an important and effective marketing tool. Always be on the lookout for innovative and inexpensive ways to promote your business. Use new combinations of marketing methods. Here are just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
1. Print up lots of business cards and hand them out generously.
2. Put magnetic signs on your car.
3. Join professional and social groups to network with other people.
4. Volunteer to speak at local group meetings and seminars.
5. Talk with local colleges to offer workshops in your area of expertise.
6. Participate in community-service events to enlarge your networking circle.
7. Get free publicity by sponsoring a community-service event of your own.
8. Write short articles on your area of expertise and send them to local publications.
9. Promote yourself as an expert source, and let local media know you’re available for interviews.
10. Listen to radio talk shows, and when the topic is within your realm of expertise, call in and offer your opinion.
ShopTalk 800 Business Consultant
National Association for the Self-Employed