Businessweek Archives

The Google Bash at Davos |

Main

| President Bush, Davos and Design

January 28, 2006

Innovation, Google and Design in Davos

Bruce Nussbaum

The last day of Davos was all about innovation and design. While Bill Clinton was giving a great speech that I was sorry to miss, I was teamed up with Brian Collins Executive Creative Director for Olgivy & Mather, Marissa Ann Mayer from Google and five others in a CEO workshop on the hunt for creative talent. Is that a dream or what?

My notes tell me that if you are creative then you like open source innovation and have an open source mind. You believe in non-zero sum outcomes, are human centered and empathetic. You believe in prototyping and learning from your mistakes. You are interdisciplinary and cross-dress (deep verticle and wide horizontal). You know your creative product needs to be made tangigle through stories, videos, things. You like to collaborate creatively with very diverse people from around the world. If this is you, well apply to Google and all the other innovative companies around the world.

OK. Off to the Bollywood soiree. More notes later. We reinvented the media company.

06:47 PM

davos design

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Innovation, Google and Design in Davos:

Design Thinking at Davos from metacool

Bruce Nussbaum obviously had a great time at Davos, and this post sums it all up quite nicely. It's a good time to doing design thinking. [Read More]

Tracked on January 31, 2006 12:36 AM

Bruce,

Will a podcast of your session be posted?

-Doug

Posted by: Douglass Turner at January 29, 2006 02:24 AM

What Bruce and Businessweek have done for designers is simply amazing. Design and creative communities have always known what the business world is now beginning to grasp. Products/services that deliver superior experiences in which emotional & rational needs are satisfied are what consumers crave, desire and demand. Thanks Bruce, we owe you one.

Posted by: David Armano at January 31, 2006 04:18 AM

Bruce

great coverage of Davos - thanks for taking the time to blog the highlights.

- Roger

Posted by: Roger Dennis at January 31, 2006 06:30 AM

I agree with Doug - it would be excellent to be able to have a podcast of this session. I'd even be willing to spare a few dollars for something like that.

Thanks for the coverage - its been very informative!

Posted by: Daniel Schutzsmith at February 2, 2006 02:52 AM

I wish I were there.

I would like to add one point: if you are creative you believe in yourself and are not afraid to go ahead of the rest of the world and hence been misunderstood.

Posted by: Ray at February 20, 2006 08:16 PM