Businessweek Archives

BlogDay

? First Blogger to Make the NYTimes OP-Ed Page? |

Main

| Tulane and the Hurricane ?

August 31, 2005

BlogDay

Heather Green

So, apparently today is BlogDay (merci to Pepites for keeping us in the know). And apparently we're supposed to name new or newish blogs that we like. So here goes:

MobHappy: Great for goings on in the mobile world. The Gutter: Snarky design news. Love it. Digg: More of a mixture of blogging, RSS, and social bookmarking. TechBeat: BW's own blog on tech happenings. Treehugger: For all things green.

10:40 AM

new blogs

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Now Heather, you're as bad as I am for mentioning your own blog :-)

Posted by: John (SYNTAGMA) at August 31, 2005 12:07 PM

Hey Heather

Thanks for choosing us!

Russell @ MobHappy

Posted by: Russell Buckley at August 31, 2005 12:39 PM

i love the gutter too. but watch out, they love journalists like pit bulls love toddlers. the guttersniper, whoever he/she is/are, scares me. and yet i cannot turn away.

but seriously, it brings up a point about how semi-anonymity, and semi-autonomy affect a writer's attitude. it's easier to let the snarkyness out when no one knows how to find you.

Posted by: schadenfreudisch at August 31, 2005 01:00 PM

John,

I know, I know, I know. And agree. But! I do find out interesting things there and visit it pretty often now that I think I am going to stop writing for it! One blog, I think, is all I can handle.

Posted by: Heather Green at August 31, 2005 01:41 PM

Heather

Good of you to mention Blog Day but I personally selected lesser known Blogs that I thought were worth discovering and also covering a variety of topics. This is why i did not put one of my favorites www.coudal.com on my list. Serge Lescouarnec aka Serge the Concierge, the engine behind Montclair Concierges

Posted by: Serge Lescouarnec at September 1, 2005 10:26 AM

Thanks for the link to Treehugger.com !

Posted by: MGR at September 1, 2005 03:45 PM

Later, Baby
LIMITED-TIME OFFER SUBSCRIBE NOW

(enter your email)
(enter up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas)

Max 250 characters