Businessweek Archives

Foreclosures on the rise

? That house is a steal... |

Main

| Sharp rise in home equity rates? ?

August 26, 2005

Foreclosures on the rise

Dean Foust

A story on Inman News reports that, according to RealtyTrac, foreclosures grew for the second straight month in July, and have now jumped more than 12% in the last two months. That now works out to one foreclosure for every 1,465 households. An interesting comment from the CEO of RealtyTrac: "If the trend from the last two months continues, foreclosures may gather enough momentum to significantly impact the real estate market," said James J. Saccacio, RealtyTrac chief executive officer. "The numbers for the next few months will let us know if that's the case."

11:26 AM

Foreclosures

TrackBack URL for this entry:

I would like to help people STAY in there homes if possible rather than try to buy there homes at a deep discount. If there is any interest in this concept of keeping people in there homes please email me at: farbermarc@aol.com or call 415-884-2230. Thank You.

To Success,

Marc

Posted by: Marc W. Farber at September 16, 2005 10:33 AM

Marc,

How do you plan on keeping people in their houses instead of buying at a deep discount?

The reality is that we Americans are so over leveraged in debt and the likelihood of a wave of foreclosures increases with every interest rate hike from the Fed.

Posted by: Tom at September 26, 2005 04:04 PM

Can someone tell me where a good place to find foreclosure listings is? I have some money to invest.

Posted by: doesitmatter at November 12, 2005 10:24 PM

I have been looking to purchase pre-foreclosures but I do not want to pay for the fees that most dot com charge for monthly listings how can I find a free reliable source of delinquent accounts in NY and NJ ?

Much appreciated.

M

Posted by: Miriam at March 28, 2006 11:27 AM

I am living in N.Providence Rhode Island and the houses here are through the roof. Foreclosures here in Rhode Island is at a all time high. Could you tell me where in the US Real state is Affordable, and good deals. Thank you. vincent

vincent

Posted by: vincent at May 24, 2006 07:40 AM

Homes in the southeast are still affordable! Charlotte, Nc is a growing town of Northeasterners. Everyone from mailmen dentists, pharmacists,teachers, business men..... are selling their houses in the northeast for a killing, getting a much nicer home for half the price, paying cash and enjoying the good life. Atlanta, Raleigh, and other southeastern cities are still affordable as well. You can get a nice 4 bedroom 3000 sq foot house for $300k to a custom all the bells and whistles for $650k....... Better climate, close to beaches and mountains, better lifestyle.......

Posted by: lizziebeth at May 25, 2006 09:56 AM