Businessweek Archives

Suggestions for BW online?

? Wikipedia: the French beg to differ |

Main

| The Business Experiment: open-source startup ?

August 15, 2005

Suggestions for BW online?

Stephen Baker

I'm going to an off-site gathering of the BusinessWeek Online staff today. (I'm a guest) Are there any features you think BW online should add? Things that bug you about it? If good suggestions come in this morning, I'll bring them up at the meeting. If they come in later, I'll push with the usual e-mails and elevator chats.

07:19 AM

referendum

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Suggestions for BW online?:

? Biz Week is All Ears from TheIdealog

Business Week has long been considered the staid old-school organ of business journalism - for many years it's even managed to make Fortune seem hip. As for the Net and online communication, it wasn't exactly ground-breaking. But ever since its [Read More]

Tracked on August 16, 2005 12:44 PM

I would love a toner friendly print button.

I enjoy the site, have learned much - thank you for getting out there early.

Bill

Posted by: William Surowiec at August 15, 2005 08:55 AM

A better system so you can ditch delayed, moderated comments, it's a conversation killer.

Add comment notification (via either email or comment RSS) so one can follow a BW conversation without constantly hanging here or revisiting.

This isn't radical, leading-edge stuff, systems have been available to do it for a long time.

Posted by: PXLated at August 15, 2005 11:35 AM

I'd like to see more:

1. Personal finance issues covered.

2. Stories on small businesses and what they're doing to make their businesses grow.

Posted by: FMF at August 15, 2005 12:03 PM

The (literally) standard things I've been telling you about since you started this Weblog: Valid HTML and compliance with accessibility guidelines. You know, the kind of thing that teenagers' blogs manage no problem.

Posted by: Joe Clark at August 15, 2005 02:04 PM

Thanks for this. FMF, the types of stories you're looking for are on the way. Joe, I'll share your suggestions with our tech people. PXL, I know you're frustrated by these mediated comments. Lots of people are. But I fought that battle (and blogged about it) last May, and lost. That change won't be coming. I will pursue the idea of the alerts. Steve

Posted by: steve baker at August 16, 2005 08:09 AM

Please stop sending me emails. Thank you

Posted by: Dolores Lynch at March 18, 2006 04:39 PM

Coke's Big Fat Problem
LIMITED-TIME OFFER SUBSCRIBE NOW

(enter your email)
(enter up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas)

Max 250 characters