Businessweek Archives

Bloggers Favorite Posts? Ones about Themselves, of Course

? EDS Blog: Brilliant or Naive? |

Main

| Japanese promote TV commercials ?

July 15, 2005

Bloggers Favorite Posts? Ones about Themselves, of Course

Heather Green

And we're no exception!

Zipping through Dave Winer's site, I came across a link to an intro list of over 50 blogs pulled together by the NYTimes that includes Winer's Scripting News, Jeff Jarvis' BuzzMachine, Boing Boing...and us.

We're under the heading of "Traditional Media" Blogs. No, seriously, they use the quotation marks...

They also have the Treehugger and Postsecret blogs that I like to peruse upon occasion, as it were. And playfully, the Times calls Winer cranky, which is the word that initially caught my eye on Winer's site...

01:35 PM

mainstream media

TrackBack URL for this entry:

I am sure that if you run this post about my blog, Stock Picks Bob's Advice, it shall become my favorite post!

I probably shall be checking this daily :) and pinching myself to realize I made it once again on the Business Week Blog.

Regards from the blogosphere,

Bob

Posted by: Robert Freedland at July 16, 2005 09:47 PM

Here's my favorite blog post.

Here's the deal. MarketingForSuccess.com is the marketing site I've built over the last two years. In the last year alone traffic has grown by 350% along with sales of my marketing manuals. In addition to my marketing blog, I write a weekly small business marketing newsletter, all of the above bring in well over a thousand visitors a day. If you want to see how to convert more site visitors to subscribers and customers take a look at www.marketingforsuccess.com. I do provide coaching via a small business marketing program and system to marketing consultants and marketing professionals primarily in the U.S. and Canada, though the manuals sell worldwide, many through my affiliate program. Hope this helps.

For the real me! www.marketingforsuccess.com

Charlie

Posted by: Charlie Cook Marketing Blogger at July 17, 2005 12:02 PM

I first read the influential power of blog when I was reading a magazin article in th lobby of Hyndai Motor Corp. North America headquarter in Coasta Mesa CA. Since then I have provided blog listing on my website - civilearth.com in topics varies from understanding of our living environment/socieity to effective time management. BusinessWeek has done an excellent job in providing the public with understanding of this new channel of marketing. Put business marketing aside, the blogs are providing new avenues of communication to the mass in a revolutionary manner.

Posted by: Peter Meng at July 17, 2005 04:35 PM

You three all beat me to a good idea: suggesting blogs! I will take a look at them! Thanks.

Posted by: Heather Green at July 18, 2005 02:24 PM

That first comment is absolutely my favorite!

Bob

Posted by: Robert Freedland at July 19, 2005 05:37 PM

Hey Bob,

I know! I loved it too.

Movable Type? $99.00

Blog comments? Priceless.

Posted by: Heather Green at July 19, 2005 06:04 PM

It's been over a year since I mentioned my small business marketing blog here and the numbers have changed a bit. This marketing site now brings in an average of 1350 unique visitors a day with its vast collection of marketing ideas and strategies.

Posted by: Charlie cook at December 1, 2006 10:26 PM