Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
We're looking for MBA students entering programs this fall to share their favorite and worst B-school experiences with our readers. These journals are intended to give prospective MBA students insight about the reality behind the marketing
brochures' version of life at business school. To date, 23 students -- 10 first-year students, 6 second-year students, and 7 MBA graduates -- have detailed their B-school experiences for BusinessWeek Online.
Criteria for prospective MBA Journal writers include:
1. Must be an entering first-year student (fall 2001)
2. Have to be willing to submit approximately 12 journal entries during two years at B-school
3. Must be able to meet deadlines
4. Have to be willing to answer correspondence from readers and participate in a possible video interview
Please note, this is a volunteer activity. If you're interested in participating, please send the following material to us at JournalApp@aol.com by June 4, 2001:
1. Two writing samples:
a) If selected, this will be used as your first Journal entry for BusinessWeek Online. Here's what we're looking for in this sample:
The idea is to introduce yourself to the B-schools audience. Briefly describe your professional and personal background. Talk about what makes you tick and explain in detail your motivation to attend business school -- particularly the one you'll be enrolling in this fall. What do you feel the MBA will bring you? Is B-school part of your overall career plan? Or are you looking
to broaden your managerial horizons and see where you end up? Feel free to share one or two application tips with readers, too. After reading this entry, we should be able to identify what kind of person you are.
- and -
b) One additional writing sample. This can include your best application essay, a personal statement, an article you've had published in the past, etc.
2. Name of the university you'll be attending, the type of MBA program (i.e. full-time, part-time, distance-learning, EMBA, etc.), and the program's length
3. Permanent contact info (Mailing address, e-mail, and phone number)
4. Digital photo (taken recently)
(Note: If you'd prefer to send your application material via standard mail, please address all correspondence to: Jessica Loudon; BusinessWeek Online; Two Penn Plaza; 6th Floor; New York, NY 10121.)
We'll be looking forward to reviewing your entries. Selections will be made by mid-July. All applicants will be notified of our decisions.