Posted by: Today's Tip Contributor on August 1, 2011
It’s no secret that one of the most effective ways to engage customers and prospects online is through compelling content on your website. When working on making your site better, don’t overlook audio, which can be created simply, using online tools. The content itself can come from your own employees and clients: a recording of an executive at work, a phone interview with a customer for a case study, a training session or discussion among colleagues. Here are a few more ideas to get you started:
1. Showcase your experts. Identify individuals with a unique perspective on an industry topic and record them discussing the company’s value proposition.
2. Call on customers. Conduct recorded phone interviews with customers for use as testimonials on your website or in other marketing materials. Nothing convinces prospects about the value of your products and services more than a case study they can relate to.
3. Open the discussion. Create an online community that supports your company or industry. Design a live call-in webcast and Internet radio station, hosted on your website, to provide a forum for conversation. Listeners can call in and ask questions, and content can stream live and be archived.
4. Train your team. Consider adding an audio component to your training programs to keep learning fresh and drive participation. From internal meetings to sales calls, training opportunities can be recorded in real time and made immediately available to your teams.
5. Meet online. Create an online event series to supplement your offline events and meetings. By live-streaming or providing downloadable files of keynote speeches, roundtable discussions, or one-on-one interviews, you can help those who were unable to attend still feel like active participants.