Daily deal sites provide small businesses with an opportunity to attract new customers. The real value in making such deals is in gaining returning customers. Here are five tips that will help ensure that new customers come back to your business after they’ve redeemed their deal:
1. Make it simple. Keep the redemption process simple and fast. Be sure to train your staff to make this a great experience for your customers.
2. You are still advertising. The deal is an opportunity for you to welcome a new customer to your business. When people come in to redeem a daily deal, make sure your staff tells them about your business, the quality of your products or services, and anything else that will connect them with your business.
3. Get them to come back. Once a daily deal attracts new customers to your business, create an incentive for them to come back. Provide a voucher for a free glass of wine or free dessert on their next visit.
4. Make it personal. Take the time as manager or owner to greet each new customer that your daily deal brings in. Ask them if they live in the neighborhood and make a personal connection. Avoid corporate lingo that makes customers feel as if they’re hearing a script.
5. Remember first impressions. You only get one chance to make a first impression. When your first daily deal campaign goes out, inevitably you will see a spike in business from new customers. Make sure you bring your "A Game," with clean facilities, friendly staff, and excellent service. Go the extra mile to make sure your customers’ first experience is perfect.
Chief Executive Officer
Want to improve the way you run your business? Entrepreneurs, academics, and consultants from diverse industries offer practical advice on a variety of topics each business day.
To submit a tip for consideration, first check our archive of previous tips to make sure you're not repeating a tip someone has already contributed. Then send the tip to Small Business channel contributor Michelle Dammon Loyalka. Because of the volume of material she receives, she may not respond to each individual.