+1 212 318 2000
Europe, Middle East, & Africa
+44 20 7330 7500
+65 6212 1000
Posted by: Today's Tip Contributor on August 13
Changing the way your office prints can be the first step toward reducing your company’s environmental footprint. Going green is good for the environment and can also help your small business save some green.
Here are five simple ways you can create a more eco-friendly office and make sustainability part of your company’s DNA:
1. Opt for electronic tools. Cut back on manual paper-based processes. There’s software to simplify the way you use documents and cost-free online tools to simplify the way you communicate.
2. Use paper wisely. Print on both sides of the page. Only print the quantity you need at the time you need it, and use environmentally preferable paper. Install bins around the office to collect paper for recycling or reuse.
3. Reach for products with the Energy Star label. Savings add up when you upgrade old products with new, more efficient systems.
4. Don’t throw away empty toner cartridges. Return your cartridges for reuse and recycling. Many manufacturers offer prepaid postage. Consider switching to solid ink machines for less waste.
5. Replace copiers and printers with one machine to do it all. One multifunction printer can copy, print, scan, and fax. And it will use half the energy of all those separate devices.
Vice-President for Environment, Health, and Safety
Want to improve the way you run your business? Entrepreneurs, academics, and consultants from diverse industries offer practical advice on a variety of topics each business day