Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.
+1 212 318 2000
Europe, Middle East, & Africa
+44 20 7330 7500
+65 6212 1000
Posted by: Today's Tip Contributor on December 30
Here are some ideas for branding your business online:
1. Protect Your Name. As an entrepreneur, your name is vital to your brand and the identity of your business. Be sure to secure a domain name in your name. It’s usually a good idea to register multiple domains in case someone types the wrong extension, so that you can be found despite the mistake. Network Solutions and GoDaddy are two places you can use to register a domain name.
2. Create a Founder Profile Page. Brand yourself on your Web site. Create a profile to build trust with potential clients. Make it easy for visitors to find info about you. Clients and prospects want to know who you are in terms of industry, experience, and personality. Personalize your Web site and share info to build a relationship with visitors to your site.
3. Prepare for the Future. Millions of people use mobile devices to connect to their business when they are out of the office. Make sure your Web site is accessible via these devices and will load quickly and easily. Even if your site is not yet formatted for .mobi, get the name. By registering a domain with a .mobi extension, you secure the name for your company.
4. Protect Yourself from Spam. Search bots troll the Web looking for e-mail addresses. This can lead to spam e-mails to your in-box. Protect your business e-mail box. Use e-mail addresses on your Web site like: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Consider Joining LinkedIn or ZoomInfo. These popular social networking sites give you a free way to post a biographical profile. Be aware: Everything you post is public information. You give up some privacy when you post info. The sites can provide connections between people with similar interests and they add to search engine results for your name and your company name.
Vice-President for Corporate Relations
Want to improve the way you run your business? Entrepreneurs, academics, and consultants from diverse industries offer practical advice on a variety of topics each business day