When choosing a video security system, too often parts from multiple manufacturers are pieced together, and the system ultimately provides limited functionality. To get the most for your money, look for a complete system that includes cameras, powerful PC software, and Internet-connected online services. Complete solutions offer end-to-end integrated features that seamlessly provide:
• IP-based digital cameras for end-to-end digital connectivity.
• Simultaneous viewing of live video, recorded search and playback, as well as remote live viewing. Too many digital solutions limit you to single camera functionality on these features.
• Digital motion detection and recording: Record only when motion is happening, and save the video to the directory and hard drive of your choice.
• Active alerts that allow you to receive notification via e-mail or cell phone when motion is detected through a text message or an e-mailed clip of the actual video event.
• Easy set up and administration. You don’t have to rely on the traditional "experts" to install and mange your video surveillance system.
• Remote viewing so you can check in and watch video remotely from a Web browser or even from a cell phone.
Staying connected to your system via e-mail, text, and live viewing from anywhere in the world at anytime are valuable step towards obtaining peace of mind.
Salt Lake City
Want to improve the way you run your business? Entrepreneurs, academics, and consultants from diverse industries offer practical advice on a variety of topics each business day.
To submit a tip for consideration, first check our archive of previous tips to make sure you're not repeating a tip someone has already contributed. Then send the tip to Small Business channel contributor Michelle Dammon Loyalka. Because of the volume of material she receives, she may not respond to each individual.