Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.
+1 212 318 2000
Europe, Middle East, & Africa
+44 20 7330 7500
+65 6212 1000
Although e-mail is considered less formal than paper correspondence, your business messages should convey a professional tone. Remember these e-mail etiquette tips the next time you send a message:
1. Always use a signature that includes your name, your business name, and the best way to reach you (telephone number, e-mail address, or fax).
2. Be concise and to the point.
3. Never type in all upper-case letters.
4. Don’t use more punctuation than you would in standard business correspondence.
5. Create short paragraphs without indenting.
6. Insert a blank line between paragraphs.
7. Always check your grammar and spelling.
8. Avoid abbreviations.
9. Use straight text without fancy fonts or formatting.
ShopTalk 800® Business Consultant
National Association for the Self-Employed
Want to improve the way you run your business? Entrepreneurs, academics, and consultants from diverse industries offer practical advice on a variety of topics each business day.
To submit a tip for consideration, first check our archive of previous tips to make sure you're not repeating a tip someone has already contributed. Then send the tip to Small Business channel contributor Michelle Dammon Loyalka. Because of the volume of material she receives, she may not respond to each individual.