Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.
+1 212 318 2000
Europe, Middle East, & Africa
+44 20 7330 7500
+65 6212 1000
Here are some ideas for making your company more visible in your local community:
1. Create an advisory board representative of your customers, even if they’re kids, and publicize it. Then, listen to the board’s ideas.
2. Publish a newsletter about your business for customers and potential customers. Send it via regular mail or e-mail and post it on your Web page.
3. Make your values clear. One couple promotes their commitment to family — sometimes closing their store early to attend soccer games when their children or employees’ children are competing.
4. Make donations that represent your business. If you have a garden supply business, for example, contribute seeds and simple tools for a community garden.
5. Serve as a volunteer in your community and encourage your employees to follow suit. Let them contribute some hours on company time.
Want to improve the way you run your business? Entrepreneurs, academics, and consultants from diverse industries offer practical advice on a variety of topics each business day.
To submit a tip for consideration, first check our archive of previous tips to make sure you're not repeating a tip someone has already contributed. Then send the tip to Small Business channel contributor Michelle Dammon Loyalka. Because of the volume of material she receives, she may not respond to each individual.