Two Simple Ways to Relieve Stress Quickly

Posted by: Rod Kurtz on December 16, 2005

You’d like to lower your stress level, but as a small business owner you simply don’t have the time. Well here are a couple of quick, simple ways to release stress from the luxury of your own desk by using energy meridian or acupressure points.

The first is called the forehead release. Lightly and gently place your fingertips and palm of your hand on your forehead. Take deep, slow breaths. Focus on whatever’s stressing you. Keep your hand on your forehead for 3-5 minutes.

The next one is the third eye point. Close your eyes and place whatever fingertips feels right for you on the point between the middle of your eyebrows. Breathe slowly and deeply for 3-5 minutes.

These techniques are super simple, so try them. They’re powerful and they work.

Ron Ball
President
Inroads
Fredericksburg, Va.

pete

January 10, 2006 12:20 PM

Good

Andy Chen

February 9, 2006 1:57 AM

very good... thanks...

Jessica

February 14, 2006 12:18 PM

This tips are very interesting. I have never heard of them before. I think that I'm going to infom my best friend of these maybe they will help her to relax and reduce stress.

Karin

April 7, 2006 8:46 AM

Wow - this does actually work. It takes me a minute or so before I actually start to dissipate some of the stress, and after that I feel my body start to relax. Thanks for the tip!

Ali Asjad

April 22, 2006 5:47 AM

It really work.

Crystal

September 14, 2006 8:58 PM

I'm going to post this before I try it, because I feel like I'm going to kill someone. I have been through too much stress lately, so we'll see how it works after I give it a shot.

David

February 9, 2007 8:50 PM

I looked this up because I wanted to add to my upcoming safety meeting material entitled "Facing up to Stress." I will include your recommendation for reducing stress. Thank you.

John Doe

September 14, 2007 12:57 PM

This is a very stupid way to relive stress cause I did it and I'm still angry now even more that I wasted my time doing this exercise.

uche

October 18, 2007 12:07 PM

It was a bit useful considering it's a free advice and I didn't pay for any form of stress reliever. But I could do with something more effective for the kind of stress I go through here.

f

October 22, 2007 7:40 PM

Honestly, I got more stressed.

Want to improve the way you run your business? Entrepreneurs, academics, and consultants from diverse industries offer practical advice on a variety of topics each business day.

To submit a tip for consideration, first check our archive of previous tips to make sure you're not repeating a tip someone has already contributed. Then send the tip to Small Business channel contributor Michelle Dammon Loyalka. Because of the volume of material she receives, she may not respond to each individual.