Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.
+1 212 318 2000
Europe, Middle East, & Africa
+44 20 7330 7500
+65 6212 1000
1) Humility in the midst of crisis is also one of our greatest tools, but we tend to dismiss it due to tremendous false pride and fear.
2) The court of law is only half the picture in reputation management and is usually short-term, while the court of public opinion is long-term and holds the key to your reputation — which is everything.
3) Lawyers are not experts in the court of public opinion. Seasoned PR professionals are the experts in the court of public opinion.
4) There’s a big difference between an image and a reputation. An image is often short-term (like an image on a pond — an illusion or fake) and not entirely based on truth, and when uncovered, can be a big risk. Like building a house on shifting sand.
5) Excellent reputations are built with the bricks of honesty, accountability, and transparency, which help develop true character and integrity — like building a house with a solid foundation — and with consistency, could last a lifetime.
MGP & Associates PR
Want to improve the way you run your business? Entrepreneurs, academics, and consultants from diverse industries offer practical advice on a variety of topics each business day.
To submit a tip for consideration, first check our archive of previous tips to make sure you're not repeating a tip someone has already contributed. Then send the tip to Small Business channel contributor Michelle Dammon Loyalka. Because of the volume of material she receives, she may not respond to each individual.