Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

Bloomberg News

S&P Report Says Europe Is ‘Heading Back Into Recession’

December 01, 2011

Dec. 1 (Bloomberg) -- High frequency indicators in the past month continue to depict Europe’s “darkening economic landscape,” Standard & Poor’s said in its report “European Economic Outlook: Back in Recession,” published Nov. 30.

“Our baseline forecast of a mild recession has a 60 percent probability, while a more severe recession has a 40 percent probability,” Jean-Michel Six, chief economist in Europe for Standard & Poor’s said.

Link to Statement:{NSN LVIR6E3PWT1D <GO>}

To contact the reporter on this story: Maria Ermakova in London at

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Chris Peterson at

blog comments powered by Disqus