Stonecap Securities Inc. hired Vic Vallance as managing director and co-head of research from Fraser Mackenzie Ltd. where he was director and head of energy research, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Stonecap also added Christopher Barnes from Fraser Mackenzie where he was vice-president, institutional sales.
* National Bank Financial hired Andrea Rubakovic as a real estate investment banking associate from Salman Partners Inc., where she was a research analyst of Canadian agriculture and fertilizers.
* Aminul Haque joined MGI Securities in Calgary, Alberta, as a research analyst from Stonecap.
* GMP Securities LP in Calgary hired Andrew Gannon as an oil and gas research associate from Stonecap where he was an investment banking associate.
* Imperial Capital Group Ltd. added Harj Shoan as a principal. Shoan moved from Morgan Stanley in the U.K. where he was an executive director with its private equity group.
* Dave Irwin joined Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ as a director of business development from Global Maxfin Capital Inc. where he was vice president, electronic trading.
* Erica McGuiness joined Sequeira Partners Inc. in Vancouver as an associate. Prior to joining, she was an analyst with Ernst & Young Orenda in corporate finance.
To contact the reporter on this story: Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scanlan at firstname.lastname@example.org