Bloomberg News

Barcelona to Make $62 Million Bid for Chelsea’s Luiz, Mail Says

May 04, 2013

Barcelona is preparing a 40 million- pound ($62 million) offer for Chelsea defender David Luiz after its exit from the Champions League, the Daily Mail said.

Barcelona was willing to offer 35 million pounds for the Brazilian after last season before turning its attention to other targets, the Mail said. Luiz, 25, signed a new contract with Chelsea last year that runs to 2017, the newspaper said.

Barcelona was beaten 7-0 by Bayern Munich in its two-match Champions League semifinal. The Spanish league leader is confident it can take advantage of the undecided managerial situation at Chelsea to pry Luiz away, the Mail said.

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Bob Bensch at bbensch@bloomberg.net


American Apparel's Future
LIMITED-TIME OFFER SUBSCRIBE NOW

(enter your email)
(enter up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas)

Max 250 characters

 
blog comments powered by Disqus