Bloomberg News

World Champion Ronnie O’Sullivan Quits Rest of Snooker Season

November 06, 2012

World champion Ronnie O’Sullivan has withdrawn from the remainder of the World Snooker Tour this season, the sport’s governing body said.

“He has some personal issues which he needs to resolve and we wish him all the best for the future,” World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said in a statement.

O’Sullivan, 36, won’t now defend his fourth world title, which he won in May. After that victory he said he wanted to take six months off from the game.

Today’s announcement follows O’Sullivan’s withdrawal from last week’s International Championship in China on health grounds.

To contact the reporter on this story: Tariq Panja in London at tpanja@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Christopher Elser at celser@bloomberg.net


American Apparel's Future
LIMITED-TIME OFFER SUBSCRIBE NOW

(enter your email)
(enter up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas)

Max 250 characters

 
blog comments powered by Disqus