Bloomberg News

Terror Suspect to Challenge Olympic Park Ban, Telegraph Says

July 08, 2012

A man arrested last month for allegedly breaching an order preventing him from crossing through the Olympic park in London will challenge the order in court tomorrow, the Sunday Telegraph reported.

The man, known as CF, travelled through the Olympic games venue five times between April and May in violation of an order banning him from using the London Overground rail route that passes through the center of the park, the newspaper said.

He wears an electronic tag after allegedly attempting to travel to Afghanistan to fight in a jihad and take part in suicide operations in 2008, according to the report, which cited a case compiled by Home Secretary Theresa May.

To contact the reporter on this story: Mathew Carr in London at m.carr@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Lars Paulsson at lpaulsson@bloomberg.net


Race, Class, and the Future of Ferguson
LIMITED-TIME OFFER SUBSCRIBE NOW

(enter your email)
(enter up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas)

Max 250 characters

 
blog comments powered by Disqus