Bloomberg News

Bahrain Backs Plan to Expand Linking Causeway With Saudi Arabia

July 08, 2012

Bahrain backs plans to expand the capacity of the King Fahd Causeway that links it with neighboring Saudi Arabia, Bahrain News Agency said today, citing Premier’s Court Chief Sheikh Husam bin Isa Al Khalifa.

Around 14.4 million passengers traveled through the causeway last year with a daily average of 39,304 passengers, Bahrain’s Al-Watan newspaper said today, citing Badr al- Otaishan, Director General of King Fahd Causeway Authority.

To contact the reporter on this story: Wael Mahdi in Manama at wmahdi@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Andrew J. Barden at barden@bloomberg.net


Race, Class, and the Future of Ferguson
LIMITED-TIME OFFER SUBSCRIBE NOW

(enter your email)
(enter up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas)

Max 250 characters

 
blog comments powered by Disqus