Bloomberg News

Empik Jumps in Warsaw After Eastridge, Penta’s Attempt to Buy

March 13, 2012

NFI Empik Media & Fashion SA (EMF), Poland’s largest books and music retailer, jumped the most in almost a month after Penta Investments Ltd. and Eastbridge Group attempted to buy the company.

The stock rose 4.8 percent to 9.8 zloty, the most since Feb. 17, as of 9:29 a.m. in Warsaw.

Eastbridge, which owns 60 percent of Empik, and Penta have offered to pay 9.85 zloty a share for the remaining 40 percent stake. The companies plan to withdraw Empik from trading on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, they said in joint a statement today.

To contact the reporter on this story: Piotr Bujnicki in Warsaw pbujnicki@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Gavin Serkin at gserkin@bloomberg.net


Ebola Rising
LIMITED-TIME OFFER SUBSCRIBE NOW
 
blog comments powered by Disqus