Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Oct. 19 (Bloomberg) -- A Burundian commission that was set up to investigate an attack on a bar last month that killed at least 39 people has submitted its findings, said Attorney General Valentin Bagorikunda.
Officials are continuing to search for the offenders, he said in a statement today in Bujumbura, the East African nation’s capital. No details on the findings of the report were given.
Unidentified gunmen opened fire on patrons of the bar in Gaumba, 13 kilometers (8 miles) northwest of Bujumbura. Four days after the Sept. 18 attack, a statement from the presidency said at least “a dozen” alleged perpetrators had been arrested.
--Editors: Emily Bowers, Antony Sguazzin.
To contact the reporter on this story: Desire Nimubona in Bujumbura via Nairobi at email@example.com.
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Paul Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.