2. Vallar, an investment vehicle founded by financier Nathaniel Rothschild, will pay $2.1 billion for 75 percent of PT Bumi Resources Minerals.
3. VF (VFC), owner of Nautica, Wrangler, The North Face, and other brands, is buying footwear and clothes maker Timberland for about $1.8 billion.
4. Stockholm-based Ericsson (ERIC) agreed to buy Telcordia Technologies for $1.2 billion to add more network support offerings. It's the mobile communications company's biggest purchase in five years.
5. Horizon Acquisition will pay $855 million for APR Energy, the temporary power supplier backed by George Soros and Madeleine Albright.
6. Biosensors International Group is paying $508 million to buy the 50 percent of JW Medical Systems it doesn't already own from Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer. JW Medical makes drug-eluting stents.
8. The world's largest public commodities trader, Glencore International, agreed to buy CST Mining Group's Peruvian copper operations for $475 million.
9. Wendy's/Arby's Group (WEN) is selling about 82 percent of the Arby's chain to buyout firm Roark Capital Group for $320 million. Roark will pay $130 million and assume $190 million of Arby's debt.
10. On June 14, online radio company Pandora Media raised $235 million in an IPO, selling 14.7 million shares at $16 each after offering them for $10 to $12.