• Have a detailed transition plan in place.
• Identify your must-have relationships with customers and meet with them immediately.
• Sit down with each employee to reassure and motivate them.
• Examine each area of the business independently, such as production, development, marketing, and sales, to see how they can best be integrated into your existing business.
• Underestimate the amount of management time it will take to conduct the transition. You can expect it will require as much time, if not more, than closing the deal.
• Change pricing or other customer service policies.
• Forget your vendors. They are just as critical to your business as employees and customers.