Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
American International Group Inc
Bank of America Corp
International Paper Co
BHP Billiton Ltd
1. American International Group (AIG) is suing Bank of America (BAC) for more than $10 billion over losses on mortgage-bond investments, in what may be the largest such lawsuit filed by a single investor.
3. Warren E. Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway made an unsolicited $3.3 billion offer for reinsurer Transatlantic Holdings (TRH), seeking to top rival bids.
4. Mitsubishi and Rio Tinto (RTP) offered $1.6 billion for shares in Coal & Allied Industries they don’t already own, in a deal to take the Australian coal miner private.
5. Orix Group, a Japanese company that provides services ranging from banking to auto leasing, will invest as much as $1 billion in China over the next two years, with a special focus on water, machinery, and renewable energy projects.l.
6. British oil services company Hunting is paying $775 million for Titan Group of Texas, in anticipation of a 60 percent increase in investment in U.S. onshore drilling over the next five years.
7. Melbourne-based BHP Billiton (BHP) is spending $735 million to buy out its partner in subsidiaries that mine iron ore in Western Australia.
8. Industrial & Commercial Bank of China offered South Africa’s Standard Bank Group $600 million for banking and brokerage assets in Argentina, as part of its global expansion.
9. Ralcorp Holdings (RAH), the maker of Raisin Bran cereal, is paying $545 million for Sara Lee’s (SLE) refrigerated-dough unit to add pizza and toaster pastries to its menu of private-label offerings.
10. A curvaceous 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa is expected to fetch $13 million, an auction record for a vintage car, when it hits the block in Pebble Beach, Calif., on Aug. 20.