Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co NV
Roche Holding AG
Pan American Silver Corp
HSBC Holdings PLC
Banco Davivienda SA
3. Spanish utility Iberdrola is offering $3.4 billion to raise its stake in Brazilian power company Neoenergia from 39 percent to 75 percent, according to a person close to the deal.
4. Houston-based Apache (APA) agreed to buy Cordillera Energy Partners for $2.9 billion. The deal more than doubles Apache’s oil and gas holdings in the Anadarko Basin.
6. Bosch, the world’s biggest auto-parts supplier, will purchase SPX’s (SPW) vehicle servicing business for $1.2 billion.
7. HSBC (HBC) is selling its operations in Costa Rica, El Salvador, and Honduras to Banco Davivienda (PFDAVVND) for $801 million. The London bank is also unloading its consumer unit in Thailand for $115 million.
8. The Detroit Tigers have reportedly signed former Milwaukee Brewers first baseman Prince Fielder to a nine-year, $214 million contract, the fourth $200 million deal in baseball history.
9. A first edition of John James Audubon’s Birds of America fetched $7.9 million at a Christie’s auction, far below the $11.5 million auction record for a first-edition Audubon.
10. A bronze death mask of former Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, plus molds of his hands, sold for $4,300 at a Mullock’s auction in Shropshire, England.