Sempra Energy (SRE)
Energy for Others
Energy for Others is a 501c3 nonprofit organization created by the company for its employees. It is run by, and for, employees. Through Energy for Others, employees can designate gifts to nonprofit organizations of their choosing, or employees can choose to give funds to Energy for Others itself. Local boards, comprised of employees, then decide how to invest resources into the communities where they live and work.
|2004 cash donations|| ||$ 9,800,000|
|As pct. of revenue|| ||0.1 %|
|As pct. of earnings|| ||0.9 %|
|Change since 2003|| ||16.7 %|
|Change since 2002|| ||22.2 %|
|2004 in-kind donations|| ||$ 0|
|As pct. of revenue|| ||0 %|
|As pct. of earnings|| ||0 %|
|Change since 2003|| ||0 %|
|Change since 2002|| ||0 %|
|Projected increase/decrease|| ||increase|
Other / specifics: Environment
We prefer to support programs that embrace diversity and provide measurable outcomes for the communities where we do business. We appreciate organizations that work creatively and collaborate with others to address issues in the most efficient way possible. We believe that some of the best ideas are born from an environment of innovation. Because in the end we want to make a difference, we favor partnerships that clearly define how success will be measured and have mechanisms in place to track results and outcomes.
1. We fund programs that motivate students to be prepared for higher education; that promote technology-based learning; and that encourage success in the fields of engineering, technology, business or international relations.
2. We embrace programs that address regional, national and global policies and initiatives that promote healthy and safe communities. We also make it a priority to join customers, business and civic leaders in providing sound and responsible stewardship of our environment.
3. We want to do business in thriving communities. Therefore, we support programs that focus on business development, retention and expansion. We are committed to doing business with a competitive diverse supplier base and actively support business development efforts.
4. We strongly support civic involvement in communities where our employees live and work. We give preference to programs that heighten business and civic leadership, and events that promote pride in our diverse communities.
5. We are committed to healthy communities. We fund programs that lead to lifelong fitness, healthy lifestyles and human wellness. We also give preference to efforts that help the homeless, the hungry, and those in need.
6. We support arts and cultural programs that enhance the quality of life in communities where we do business. We give special preference to efforts that create cultural dialogue and promote a greater appreciation of diversity.