A quick plug for the BusinessWeek.com technology channel, where we just posted a rich array of green stories as part of a special report. Here’s the quick rundown:
* Energy from Unusual Sources — A slew of entrepreneurs are looking well beyond sunlight and wind. Think: tornadoes, algae, giant kites, and lightning. PLUS: Slide Show - Energy Via Man-Made Tornadoes? Algae?
* Computers’ Elusive Eco Factor — There are several ways to measure the environmental impact of computers, but many consumers ignore them and PC makers have reason not to care
* The State of Green — Here’s a look at some alternative energy sources such as wind, solar, and ethanol, and the challenges companies in those areas face
* Slide Show: 10 Green Technologies That Could Change Your Life
* 2007 Sustainable Business Awards — Progressive Investor’s list of the top 20 sorts out the truly green from the merely greenwashed. PLUS Slide Show - Green Companies, Rosy Profits
Link from here to the intro page: Green Tech Special Report.
BusinessWeek correspondents John Carey and Mark Scott, cover the green scene, keeping on top of the business aspects of energy, the environment and climate change, as well as the technologies, policies, markets and people that are shaping how the earth's resources will be used in the century ahead.