India's New $2,500 Car, The Tata Nano, Looks Great.

Posted by: Bruce Nussbaum on January 10, 2008

We now have photos of Tata’s inexpensive small car, dubbed the “Tata Nano” and it kind of puts a smile on your face. The design language is in the same space as the Mercedes Smart car and the old Italian Isetta. Check it out.

tatacar

Tata says the Nano gets about 50 miles to the gallon and plans to bring out a diesel version. This is very good mileage and I’m still hoping Tata brings out an all-electric version as well.

At about 10 feet long, the Nano is 20% smaller than the cheapest car on the Indian roads right now, the Maruti Suzuki 800. The four-door, five passenger (if you’re skinny I think) car has a rear-mounted, 634 cc engine that gives 33 bhp. It’s priced at 1 lakh but will cost somewhat more when taxes are included.

I don’t yet know who did the designing of the Tata Nano but in the past, Tata worked with Italy’s Institute of Development in Automotive Engineering in styling it’s passenger and commercial vehicles.

Tata plans to make 250,00 initially and expects to sell 1 million annually. The Indian auto market is very hot, as growth lifts incomes and wealth in the country. Ford, Nissan, Fiat, Suzuki, Renault are all planning to increase production in the Nano space over the next couple of years. Think of 10 million additional cars on Indian roads in five years.

As for the US, I have a question. If all the gas-guzzling SUVs on US roads were replaced by Tata Nanos getting 50 mph, would the US meet its obligations under the Kyota Accords? Just asking.

Rizwan

January 10, 2008 4:05 PM

looks a bit like a rip-off of the toyota yaris, right down to the badging! but good to know that india is finally manufacturing its own cars for its own needs - 'design thinking', to coin a phrase i first read on your blog :)

great blog by the way.

rizwan
-------------

Suresh Kurapati

January 10, 2008 4:20 PM

The cost price of the car is Indian National Rupee(INR) 1,00,000(1 Lakh) AND NOT Rs1,000,000(10 lakhs)

Suresh Kurapati

January 10, 2008 4:23 PM

sun rock

January 10, 2008 5:00 PM

its mph not mhp...so i have no clue

sanjeev kumar

January 10, 2008 5:30 PM

so good

Joe

January 10, 2008 5:57 PM

Who cares! This is the globalist elites dream! To have all the rest of us driving these ugly dangerous cars while they are allowed to drive the big safe gas guzzlers!

Vincentn ford

January 10, 2008 6:36 PM

Bring the car to USA

Zelma Tarango

January 10, 2008 6:43 PM

I was wondering when is this car is going to be in sale in El Paso TX 79838.

sguine

January 10, 2008 6:49 PM

No. With one upmanship being the norm in the US, the owners of SUVs and light trucks will simply buy three or four of these thus effectively negating any hope of a decrease in green house emissions.

sharad k bang

January 10, 2008 6:55 PM

i am a regular customer of your cars from indica to indica deluxe to indigo to TATA NANO want to purchase immediately.

sharad
# 09415052875

Alan

January 10, 2008 6:57 PM

will the Tato Nano be sold in the US? and what will the mileage be for the diesel?

Tripti Sarda

January 10, 2008 6:58 PM

The price quoted above is wrong!!! Price is not 1 million but 100 thousand rupees

Worker Bee

January 10, 2008 6:58 PM

The company I work for loves to outsource work to India, maybe upper management will get their company cars from there? Fat Chance they will give up their Mercedes, BMWs, Cadillacs or SUVS for Tata.

Tripti Sarda

January 10, 2008 6:58 PM

AJ

January 10, 2008 7:04 PM

Your hope for an electric version is informed by a perspective where electricity is abundant. Electricity is not particularly affordable or even available in India. Domestic consumers pay anywhere from 10-15 cents/kwh and the country has a large peak power shortage. Large amounts of electricity in India is generated by burning coal with a higher ash content than would be optimal, and this dependence on coal will only increase in the next few decades. Given this I suspect that an electric version of the car would not be a net positive in the Indian scenario.

Jack

January 10, 2008 7:15 PM

Interesting point but because these SUVs would be replaced were as the nanos in India are going to be purchased by first time car owners it still creates a real problem for the overall picture of global warming.

avante

January 10, 2008 7:32 PM

to Rizwan. First of all India already manufacture their own cars (Indigo and others). They are not too bad. Second, if this car would replace some 2 wheelers and three wheelers on the roads it would be great. it hurts every time to see 5 people on 60cc bike.

Hemant Dubey

January 10, 2008 7:43 PM

This is the one of the proudest moment for blue blooded indians all over the world. An Indian Ratan Tata has delivered on his promise. People will criticise becoz they just know how to criticize on any ground. But this project of Nano has shown that if Indians start thinking than they can do anything. Its that Can DO feeling which is evident over here. First of all its not a cheap looking car. It will in my opinion eat up all market share of 800 and Alto. It looks more attractive than those two cars and delivers performance at lower price. I believe in claims made by Mr Tata and I think Indian Govt Should Confer a Bharta Ratna award to him. I salute Mr Tata for his integrity and statesmanship. I watched the live launch on TV and I saw even Mr Tata Choking with emotions as any proud father who is showcasing his child success against all odds. Mr Tata dont worry. You and all indians are one family and we all wil take care of your baby. I am definatly going to buy one for sure as soon as I return back to india. I would like to appeal Mamta Banarji to stop opposing this project of Mr Tata. Mamta Di please understand this is for whole India and when larger public interest is there you should drop your small difference. The whole world has watched how an Indian has delivered on his promises. I salute you Mr Tata. If someone allows me to go closer to you Than I would like to touch your feet. You have made me proud as an Indian. You have made me keep my held high with self respect as an Indian. Now i would like to see Jaguar and Land Rover as Tata Brands. Tata Motors will than have everything in its portfolio from worlds cheapest car to world's luxriest car. There is no stopping for Mr Tata from now onwards. This car will create revolution all over the world. People all over the world has waited for this. It will be a huge success in Africa, Latin America and South east Asia and offcourse in India. Its a path breaking story and Name of Mr Ratan Tata will be remembered along the lines of Henry Ford. Mr Tata You have made me Proud. I urge all indians to buy this car and than I will see Osama Suzuki's face how he dared to challange integrity of Mr Tata. This is resurgent India for you. Its superpower India for you. I am lucky to be born as an Indian. I am lucky to live in age of great Indians like Mr Tata, Dhirubhais, Narayanmurthy's, Mittals, Narendra Modis. This can do spirit of these people will take India to its Glorious heights once again. There is no stopping for India or Bharat now. No stopping.
An Proud Indian
Hemant Dubey

Anjali

January 10, 2008 7:47 PM

Did anyone ask Apple if this infringes on their iPod Nano trademark? Or, do they have an agreement for a brand extension such as with the Smart Car and Swatch/Mercedes? Just asking!

mark

January 10, 2008 7:49 PM

How can I buy a Tata Nano?

Bubba

January 10, 2008 8:00 PM

I hope that these little cars are fast enough to 'run' from the folks in the SUVs while on their mobiles and swatting the kids in the back seat!

PB

January 10, 2008 8:04 PM

Tata Nano is great for customers! But if 10% of Indians who own a two wheeler goes for Nano, I am sure we will have no place in roads to drive those. Indian cities are already so suffocating with traffic..

Rohit Sharma

January 10, 2008 8:08 PM

well it's dream project of ratan tata and he makes his dream come true . it's revolutionary car in india.

Subbarao Konda

January 10, 2008 8:12 PM

Great Car. Very useful for middle class people.

Gong Szeto

January 10, 2008 8:14 PM

yes, more cars on the road means more emissions. but the impulse is spot on. incremental innovations to the engine and emissions will occur and it can only get better. the price point is the message, not necessarily the current implementation (a la OLPC XO). i ride a 200cc 4-stroke dirtbike when i need to go into town and don't need to drive my car (i live in the country), and as far as i am concerned, the Tata Nano is a 4-wheeled motorcycle. if they sold one in the US, i'd buy one for sure.

Paul

January 10, 2008 8:40 PM

Any attempt to transport people in a safe and efficient manner appropriate to the circumstances of their nation (and the world) should be applauded. Criticism from some gas-guzzling dumb-assed yanks who need big cars to compensate their small genitalia need not be considered.
Paul

Genie

January 10, 2008 8:48 PM

Well...mph is 'miles per hour'...so I should assume that they meant to write 'mpg'. Typo's are understandable. I would like to see a small city do the ultimate thing. To rid it of all the large vehicles and have only this and other small vehicles like it. And this could go farther. Why is it a high dollar vehicle is high dollar...when it is made of basically the same materials. I do not care for them anyway. Such a waste.

jim

January 10, 2008 8:50 PM

Inexpensive need not look cheap. Loved the shape, it looks smart. Electric version would be awesome considering the fact that the car weighs just over .5 ton.

Govind M

January 10, 2008 8:55 PM

Ratan Tata is a visionary.

Ever since he took over the group, he has brought together profitability with national developmental goals together, against innumerable sceptics. The indica and now the nano are examples of his perseverence.

As regards the electric varient, some of the greenest producers of power, suzlon wind turbines, for example are in india. A future possibility is having a local wind farm where you can "fillup" your nano every evening!

susan gallion

January 10, 2008 8:55 PM

I am interested in purchasing such a vehicle...if the U.S. citizenry is truly concerned about the price of fuel we should all insist that car manufacturers in this country begin to design and build these small,fuel efficient cars, otherwise we will continue to take our business to the "foreign car" dealerships!

Jocko

January 10, 2008 8:56 PM

The US is not a Kyoto signatory. Kyoto is a scam. As for the rest of you, you only started burning unleaded gasoline .. what last week? The main reason cars like the "Smart" and other micros like this are not on the US market is because the cannot pass US clean air emmision standards. They burn dirty.

Vikram

January 10, 2008 8:58 PM

Great Car! well done TATA. The Indian middle class can finally afford to have a car. This should lead to more car manufacturers going for low cost cars in India and other developing countries.

JIMMY

January 10, 2008 9:04 PM

Awesome man ! Finally a car I can afford (with little help of my friends of course ! )

Rich

January 10, 2008 9:06 PM

I agree with AJ, the electric car is not the answer. I doubt we even have the infrastructure in the states to support electric cars. Every summer I’m asked to turn down my AC during heat waves to prevent power resource issues. How many electric power plants would have to be built to support every household’s desire to plug in three or four cars? And what does THAT do to the environment?

When and if my car runs out of gas, I just fill a jug and pour in a couple of gallons and off I go. What happens when my (less predictable) battery runs out on the highway?

Not to mention it already cost a small fortune to dispose of my small car battery once every eight to ten years. What dump is going to take the millions of spent gigantic batteries?

I’m willing to bet that electric cars would put the environment in a worse condition in a large-scale application. Let’s stop fooling ourselves and improve diesel technology and public transportation.

Sheri eckelberry

January 10, 2008 9:20 PM

When will it be in the U.S. and will it be the same price?

ajackson

January 10, 2008 9:23 PM

can this car be shipped to soutn carolina usa or will it be sold in the usa and how soon

AJ

January 10, 2008 9:59 PM

OTOH, if they can bring it to the US after putting in an hybrid drivetrain, we may be looking at the first free-after-rebate car :-).

Shbhatia

January 10, 2008 10:02 PM

This car does not pose additional threat to environment - it simply gives middle class an opportunity to buy a car over a two-wheeler. Its HP is pretty low (33), fuel efficiency high (50mpg) and it costs almost as much as a two wheeler. For those reasons Nano can be deemed as a motor-bike with 4 wheels and a roof - which is exactly what Tata intends this car to be. Two-wheeler owners can now drive a car and not add pollution anymore than a two-wheeler.

It is not going to be launced in US any time soon. Its not fit for US high-speed driving and I seriously doubt that can be achieved in even double the $2500 tag. However, the low-cost car platform lends itself for future innovations like electric or bio-fuel etc and I hope Tata's have such goals high on their priority list.
This is just the begining, what is more important is that when the car is out on the street, TATA learns lessons every single day how to improve it. Just like Honda/Toyota did in 70s. There is a long way to go for the TATAs and the Indian automobile industry but we must congratulate them on the humble yet groundbreaking start. Kudos Mr. Ratan Tata.

Kyrstin

January 10, 2008 11:07 PM

Good for you Mr. Hemant Dubey! It's wonderful to see such pride for anothers accomplishments. Congratulations to Mr. Ratan! this car would definitely change my life positively!!...if only there were some way to have it shipped to the US. Do you have any idea of how this would be possible?
thank you for your time and well spoken message! :)

endo

January 10, 2008 11:28 PM

Will this car come in a COVERTIBLE ?

Freedom Poodle

January 10, 2008 11:45 PM

Damn...I wish we could get cars like that in the US at that price. Cheap...great gas mileage.

I wish folks could get over this whole SUV craze and maybe stop cranking out kids by the truck load so that they feel they HAVE to have a brood hauler the size of an aircraft carrier. : (

Jennie

January 11, 2008 12:05 AM

If you hit a deer while driving this car, most likely, the deer would kill you.

gerry

January 11, 2008 12:21 AM

Let's have no hypocrisy about India's right to have this cute little car. I'll bet one Cadillac Escalade emits 10 times it's C02. Anyone prepared to take me on?

Zia Khan

January 11, 2008 1:58 AM

Looks like TATA may have found its blue ocean with the Nano. It's perfect for the typical overcrowded Indian metros.

Mrs Parker

January 11, 2008 3:01 AM

What a wonderful product for the seniors and other low income people. Just think they can afford their food and medicine. However, I expect our enterprising country to mess this up too. If it becomes available to us in the USA you can bet it won't be that affordable.

AJ

January 11, 2008 3:25 AM

An electric subcompact named Reva has been sold in India since 2001. The manufacturer's site says they are test marketing it in the US.

Shbhatia

January 11, 2008 3:28 AM

Big demand for TATA Nano in the US, sure. American consumer (that includes me) would certainly like to buy a 50mpg car that looks great for $2500, right? So this car will surely sell big time if released in US? The answer is NO, if the car is brought into US as-it-is.
Why?
Imagine on a US street, a 600cc 33hp engine, that goes 0-60 in minutes... or maybe 60 isnt even an achievable speed! Bare-bones no-luxury design, unfit for highway, and even if it was allowed on highways somehow, 50mpg is good but not THAT great for US consumer compromise with everything else. But for that price, it will still sell a few thousand pieces.... as a Golf-cart... maybe.
TATAs are aware of the this and understand the game fairly well. So, dont expect Nano on US streets sometime soon.
First of all we must understand what this car was designed for - to replace two-wheelers as a standard mode of convyence for middle class Indians. This car is designed to be a motor-bike with 4 wheels and a roof! And it costs as much as a two wheeler in India too.

Except US, all the poor-er world will embrace this car like a long lost brother, if.. if TATAs can deliver consisten quality with that price tag. If TATA can pull a Honda/Toyota in 70s, huge market is ripe for such a car in Latin America, Russia, Asia, and parts of Europe - the question is how soon can TATA get properly equipped to tap into it. TATA has to get it right the first time. They cannot afford rejection due to bad quality, especially now that the world is watching what they do with Jaguar and Land Rover!
However, I dare to suspect that TATA Nano is merely a start. Running a Nano like ultra-light vehicle on compressed-air, bio-fuel, E85, Electricity.. that is where the future is. I have heard rumblings of such technology in the making at TATA. And when TATA can pull out such a fete and get a clear cut Green-advantage on other vehicles in this segment, that is when my friends US consumer will be ready to set aside other issues and buy it.
Its not happening in next two years, but it may not be as far as it may seem...

Don bjerk

January 11, 2008 4:18 AM

We want one now tired of American junk that they pass off as safe and reliable that get only 15 to 25 miles to the gallon.Its about time some one pull the plug out and gave a fair shake to us here in the USA.
Maybe they ought to start fireing the over paided CEOS and go back to common sense and go back good old american know how, ya like that will ever happen

Artsy

January 11, 2008 6:55 AM

@Anjali,

Nano is a unit of time and length ( nano seconds) how can that be copyright infringement?

Artsy

January 11, 2008 6:55 AM

@Anjali,

Maya

January 11, 2008 7:20 AM

Does anyone know what the situation is in terms of this car coming to India itself, as well as the U.S.? When are they planning to release it in India. More importantly, do they have any plans to release the car in the U.S., and if so how and when? Any information would be great this car looks amazing and I cannot wait!

Osarumwense Guobadia

January 11, 2008 7:39 AM

250,000 units is too small for the Nigerian market alone!!!!!when does TATA plan to build it's first plant mnaufacturing/assembly in Africa????off course it's got to be in Nigeria!!!!this car's is going to be out-sold...i'm placing an order for two already...

Reeturaj Bhuyan

January 11, 2008 7:51 AM

its great

Vinod Menon

January 11, 2008 7:58 AM

Simply Great!!! Simple on design, great on pockets of avg Indians. TATA is making Indians proud. Hats off for Mr Ratan Tata for his efforts inspite of all the odds againts him.

John

January 11, 2008 7:59 AM

Reading through this blog, I have to assume most bloggers are not aware of the situation here in the US:
1. The Oil-Lobby does not want us to use cars like that.
2. The Car-Producer lobby does not either.
3. The Green people do not want us to have these cars either, because they want the Hydrogen car, which is available, but does not find a producer.....and is blocked from ????
4. The GVMNT will have a beef, too, 'cause these cars would have a problem with insurance companies..... , the emission laws etc, the registering (as a 4 wheel new class LOW Mileage car with special emission allowance), all kind of headaches thinkable.
5. An electric version seems void in India, but quite acceptable here in the US.
So, is TATA coming up with an e-version that should have chances in the US?
Time will tell...

I have driven a 2CV from Renault, an Isetta from BMW and a 500 from Fiat...
They were all fun cars, designed for their purposes as the TATA NANO.

So, let's give it a chance and see what happens

John

January 11, 2008 8:06 AM

Sorry,
the 2CV is from Citroen, of course.
By the way, you could roll the canvas top back and run 90km/h as a cabriolet..
in 1970 still...

sam

January 11, 2008 8:11 AM

wake up Jocko kyoto is signed by 130 countries worldwide including almost everyone in the EU. as for US emission standards they are ridiculously low compared to INDIAN standards who by the way signed kyoto. US has started with stronger emission norms in the past decade and still cannot even match euro or many asian standards. this car satisfies Euro 4 which i doubt we will achieve in the US in next 5 years. as for these cars not selling here this is simply not the market for these cars. roads here are good for the big fast and yes gas guzzling SUV and luxury cars along with the capacity of the average consumer to pay for them. please do your homework before you put ignorant and stupid comments that only suggest your typical low american IQ. on a happy note why dont you roll over and die and leave the world a better place.

Tauhid

January 11, 2008 8:11 AM

Had all cars in the world been like the TATA Nano, we would have drastically cut on Green House gases. If this 4 stroke engine can replace the two stroke two wheelers so common on Indian road, then the Air in India (and traffic too) would certainly be much better than it is now. Those who talk about air-pollution should talk about stopping those 2 stroke Motorcycles, not Nano --- Well done TATA !!

likebemo

January 11, 2008 8:28 AM

this car is not suitable if you have to go through the freeway. From the size it seems to be very unsafe. It might be good only to drive around in the city.

ranjan sharma

January 11, 2008 8:39 AM

a great work ineed from india,whole nation is proud of its IT capabilities
message for the world:"wait and watch INDIA is going to rule the earth."

Varun

January 11, 2008 8:51 AM

Thanks alot....

AVANI ANAND

January 11, 2008 8:55 AM

WAHHHHHHH VERY NICE , CUTE LITTLE CAR. I AM IN HURRY...WHEN IT"S COMING....THANK YOU DEAR RATAN TATA.....WITH THIS CAR YOU WILL BECOME NO.1 AUTOMOBILE GAINT IN WORLD...KEEP IT UP

AVANI ANAND

January 11, 2008 8:56 AM

Srinivas Kethu

January 11, 2008 9:01 AM

Others be on thinking
Rest will follow NANO

selva rajan subramanian

January 11, 2008 9:11 AM

hats off mr tata....v r proud of u

manju

January 11, 2008 9:24 AM

Yaa. It's a dream come true moment for we all Indians. Because when i use to travel on roads, the same seen which moved Ratan Tata's heart (a family man carrying his kid one infront and his wife carrying a newborn in her lap) has moved me a lot & many of the times i thought that how can pepole put the newborn's life in to such a risk & was eager to find some alternatives for it.

Al last the great man of our country "RATAN TATA" made it. Though he is a bachelor he has proved to the world that what a Indian's heart is.

Millions & millions of thanks to TATA

Sandeep

January 11, 2008 9:24 AM

I just want to through out my old maruti-800.

christina

January 11, 2008 9:43 AM

Hats off to Ratan Tata. Great man great thinking.

chetan

January 11, 2008 9:45 AM

How 2 book tata nano

sujith paul

January 11, 2008 9:46 AM

It is aimed to rank between high end motor cycles and the compact car segment. Unlike other low cost Indian cars, this one is going to have a variomatic gear system. Instead of manual gear box in conventional cars it is coming up as gear less or rather with an automatic gear transmission. This helps to improve the efficiency & mileage by magnifying the torque output.

Phani kanth

January 11, 2008 9:47 AM

Cute Design...

Jayesh E Bamane

January 11, 2008 9:53 AM

“Tata Nano” I like car so much I am interested in purchasing such a vehicle

Sourav

January 11, 2008 9:54 AM

I work for TATA and I am proud of the fact.

All who are not getting this car straight their head, wake up.

Ushnish Kundu

January 11, 2008 9:54 AM

Truely a "Peoples'car".Now many families will have their own car.God bless u Ratan 'TATA'.

michelle

January 11, 2008 10:01 AM

please tell me how i can buy one, i live in the uk, please,please email me, mich2mini@yahoo.co.uk

John Mast

January 11, 2008 10:20 AM

Hummm, a lot of cars in the US average 25 MPG, at $3 a gallon. If you double the mileage to 50 MPG as in the Tata, the big oil comanies would jack the price of gas to $6 a gallon. This makes me think, what you save on the price of the car you would spend on gasoline. Back in 1970 I purchased a Toyota Corona with a 100 HP engine for $2100. With inflation through the years, now you get 1/3 the horse power for near the same price. The Corona would do about 100 miles per hour flat out, does this mean the Tata will do 33 miles per hour with it's 33 horse power engine?

I'll take one anyway! I'm retired and need some cheap transportation.

Tata Chaps, see ya

Nitesh

January 11, 2008 10:35 AM

Its a paradigm shift. And if they are successful that will become a case study for other companies with many of the ways. There are certain reasons why I say so.

1. Cheap doesn't mean low in quality. Generally cheap cars are down graded version of some upper model. But Nano is designed from the scratch without carring any overhead from any other model.
2. The manufacturing process will also set and example to industry. For the first time dealers are also involved in the manufacturing process. So that's why price came down.
3. Emission: It is not threat to global warming and pollution which most of ppl fear. The car had passed Bharat Stage III emission norms and they claim they can pass the Euro 4 emission norms also.
4. Sefty: Good sefety in small body. They claim it has passed the quite above the crash tests than the safety norms.
5. Mileage: It gives more mileage because of low weight and plastic parts.

Although the max. speed will be limited to 80km. But it is ok for city riding.

I will see it will take over the Indian market and soon you will see Indian roads you will see more conjusted. :)

More importantly I expect more from the Tata's. I expect that not only they should perform well in Indian market. I should see them going in Japanese way, taking over the automobile market world over. Then only I will say they are successful and set an example for chain reaction to other companies in all segments like electronics, consumers etc. to take over world market in all products like Japanese did.

-Nitesh.

Dsilva

January 11, 2008 10:36 AM

Let us learn to encourage if someone does something good which favours poor people and did not even thougt-over by others.You ask any questions against this tiny wonder, you will find the same can be applicable to others as well.

Ambulator

January 11, 2008 10:47 AM

Great idea. I hope it's successful. In fact, I'd probably buy one if they ever become available in Britain.

febinlal

January 11, 2008 10:51 AM

Its a great effort from TATA to introduce such a stylish and economical vehicle..NANO is so cute and stylish. No doubt NANO will be a great success in Indian market.Its a new chapter in Indian Automobile industry

G Venkateshwarlu

January 11, 2008 10:54 AM

TATA nano car is Good looking, smart, economical and middle calss affordable car. I wish TATA nano to become KING OF THE INDIAN ROADS. RATAN TATA deserves for the BHARAT RATNA. WE are all thankful to Ratan tata and his team ( 500 Members )

Arun DX

January 11, 2008 10:55 AM

1 million is right !

Tata plans to make 250,00 initially and expects to sell 1 million (No of cars and its not price of the car ) annually .

Its especially for Tripti Sarda .

DX...

balaji

January 11, 2008 11:01 AM

Thank you Mr.Tata for a wonderfull affordable n good alternative for ppl who cant afford to buy expensive cars.I was planning to buy a bike in the next 7-8 months however with the launch of this car i can actually buy a car by just investing a little more,and if ppl are complaining abt co2 emmisions in the us then they need to look at their big asses SUV'S N HUMMERS which probably wud cause more harm to the enviroment,kudos n congrats Mr.Tata

Viswanathan

January 11, 2008 11:14 AM

What would be the exclusions to the Car @ Rs.1 lakh. As also suggest that if A/c is excluded, whether provision for fitting A/c is available. If A/c is fitted what would be the mileage per litre.

Ashwin

January 11, 2008 11:17 AM

First Up!!

Hats off Ratan TATA!!!

India has done it!! Regarding the queiries for the cars availability in foriegn markets, I doubt Tata family cant even spare these cars for themselves, for the first 2 years at least, as there is so much of buzz in India.

Raphael Alwin

January 11, 2008 11:22 AM

Donno much abt the newborn frm Tata family,Still its a revolution in the automotive history of India.Still,real passionate drivers prefer the powerful ones!

Major

January 11, 2008 11:37 AM

Great .......It is another major milestone from Indian soil, I salute Rattan Tata, you have done a great job.Whole world has got eyes on ( more for criticism, which is obvious as all major manufacturers looking on world's flying growing economy as a consumer market ). for last many decades Maruti with 800 CC engine is going well as per the requirements of Indian conditions. it means Tata 600 CC engine will do the job. Not to mentions it is half the price tag of and much more cheaper to run. India needs these wheels . I appeal to all those who are opposing its launch and make false hue and cry , please do not try to push developing India on wrong track. I would like to see Tata nano running on all road irrespective of country. and i am sure it will. Tata has made me proud to be born on Indian soil. Definitely i will get one
Hats off India

Monicca

January 11, 2008 11:47 AM

I will wait for it to come to the shores of South Africa. I think the point is to travel from one point to the other, Sorry OPEL AND TOYOTA - YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOOSE ME AS A CLIENT

Magsie from oz

January 11, 2008 12:06 PM

Well done ! We down here in Australia hope to see sales of this gorgeous little car boom world wide, not only for its tiny price, but for the employment opportunitys it will bring to india. Congratulations TATA

ranjeet

January 11, 2008 12:13 PM

i want to know that will the tata nano launch a a/c ,power starring and cng fitted cars.if yes,people will be ready to pay 2,00000 inr.

Ashok Kar

January 11, 2008 12:16 PM

This is one of those rare days when I feel proud to be Indian, head to toe. This is the second time in my life (the first, was when our only child was on his way) when I had adrenaline pumping up over three days in anticipation of the unknown. And it came with a bang! Automobile, that I have come to despise more and more and even more on Indian roads and Indian society, suddenly made me sit up and look at the unfolding of a whole new era in personal transport and its business and societal implications, in India and around the world. Nobody since Henry Ford has dared questioning the fundamentals of making automobiles as did Mr. Tata.

Yes, it is a rare day when the whole world (particularly the western world), looks at India in awe trying to figure out how far the Indians would go and whether this is the beginning of a downhill slide for the conventional western industry and the prosperity and comfort it has provided for decades. If the Chinese have turned the established cost/volume/profitability model upside down, I believe the Indians are on their way to redraw the organisation/management/design triangle inside out. Only the fittest survive, Darwin established it, but the west seems to be oblivius to it!

There comes a time in the life of a nation when a triumph makes us forget all else that is not right and I believe the Tata Nano being driven on stage was one such moment. Let us cherish it and let it inspire us as a people, as a nation and as a part of humanity.

As for Mr.Tata, much has been said and much more will be written. Bharat Ratna (India’s highest civilian honour, means Jewel of India) or not, he did make his name (Ratan) proud and made his country prouder.

jaspreet singh

January 11, 2008 12:25 PM

It is wonderful for all the people who
were thinking of car but they couldn't
afford.Now it's possible & i will say
yes to Mr.Ratan's Tata that promise is
promise.

jane

January 11, 2008 12:37 PM

i like the shape of the car.

Paul

January 11, 2008 12:39 PM

Jocko needs to do his homework. The Smart is not 'dirty' The gasoline model has CO2 output of 113g/km and the diesel 88g/km. The gasoline version emits slightly more then a Toyota Prius. The Smart will be offered for sale in the US early 2008.

Sid

January 11, 2008 1:12 PM

In the US market it will only be of use for those who are concerned about the fuel economy of cars and fuel prices. Very useful for old folks who just want to drive to the grocery or mall, or for the ladies who want to drop kids off at a playschool or run odd errands. In india it has been launched as strictly a city commuter vehicle, though the scene will not be the same in US where the roads between the suburbs and towns are like highways in India. This car is not made for country side highways, those who want to venture out on those vast multi-laned highways can ride in this car at their own risk. imagine a multi-axel semi overtaking this puny car and dragging it along in the vortex created by the wind, this car will be tossed about in the draft.

This car has a top speed of only 90 km per hour (not miles, pls note). Fuel efficiency is 20 Km for a liter of fuel, (you will have to do some maths to convert those figures in miles and gallons) ;-)

the price will be between 1.20 lakhs (basic) to l.5 lakh (delux, AC, power steering) depending on the models.

Dunno if tatas will export any to US, but that will be possible next year only.

Aaron Allen

January 11, 2008 8:10 PM

Isetta was German [BMW] not Italian. The
Tata cud open a second group of small,
non freeway-intended cars to fit in be-
tween the present 'small' vehicles [up
to 25-35 mph on streets/roads where per-
mitted] and full sized sub-compacts thru
full-size...The electric version wud be
a great application for the newer, lighter batteries. The diesel version
wud get great milage for long commutes
on 'state roads' [non-Interstates], the
gas unit for general running around...In
a small rig like this, who needs power
steering, air, automatic, overpriced
sound system? Open the windows a bit,
learn/relearn to change gears, get a
nice radio/CD and 4 spkrs for a bit over
$100...I just hope these are sold as
retail machines, NOT like other cars at
some dealerships...The importer/distri-
butor will do better and the price can
be kpt reasonable...

eid ghazi

January 11, 2008 9:31 PM

your plan is very good and we hope it to be a high quality car as german and japanese cars , in order to be remembered by people like volkswagon which is the best in the world
and i hope to be a customer soon , to buy a quantity of cars to sell them in my company in syria and jordan

INDIA Inc

January 11, 2008 11:49 PM

TATA Nano - that makes sense!!

ANTHONY

January 12, 2008 3:32 AM

PLEASE BRING THIS CAR TO THE UNITED STATES.WE WANT TO BUY THEM IN MEMPHIS,TENNESSEE.

greg

January 12, 2008 3:49 AM

wow. at $5,000 That might be the most expensive pair of roller skates on the market....i don't know i might buy a couple and line them up to jump them in my f250 diesel 4x4. i love america.

maha

January 12, 2008 5:23 AM

how book nano car now ????????
please can any one can tell to me
thanks a lot to ratan tata .........

Nazim Lalani

January 12, 2008 7:33 AM

i want this TATA NANO immedaitly, plz contact me +91-9966291231. $$$$$$$$$Nazim ki Nano$$$$$$$$$4

John

January 12, 2008 9:11 AM

They have a Nano with ac it's an upgrade I read it in another article.I would also love to own one of these Nano's!I simpy want it because it's cheap!I can use it just to get around plus it gets 50 mpg!!!This car is amazing!I want to buy one today!Where can I get one besides india?I hope they can import some of these bad boys I would pay an extra $1,000 for the shipment!I hate going to the gas station so often!It is the money but at the same time it's not just about the money!It's the feeling of helplessness & dependability on these idiot crooked oil companies!I know gas prices normaly should'nt be the presidents responsiblity but at over $3.25 per gallon like it is now which is over 3 times the cost of gas just 6 years ago!I do think it is the Prsidents responsiblity because this has now become a national state of emergancy!Driving in most places in America where there is no public transportaion means that driving is not just a privlage it is needed to survive day by day!I know that most Americans can agree that Christmas was a little more less joyful this year & that part of this reason is the huge expence in gas for commuting to & from work day by day!This leaves less money for travels,vactions,gifts!They say slavery ended but now i'm not so sure!I think that we are all just little hamsters turning the wheels of our economy at the expence of are lives!I love America!I love my country to death!But I miss what it use to stand for.Freedom!Why does over 90 percent of Brazils cars run off 100 percent pure ethonal?Which is made from sugar cane!Sugar cane grows like grass in feilds & they just mow it & it grows back fast!They even extract the sugar & use the sugar just as sugar to sell to the people & they use the oils in the cane as fuel for the cars plus the stems are then burned to run the whole factory!They are completly self efficiant!Why can't we do this?Because of crooked politics!I hope Al Gore runs for President again & that he wins for the second time & this time Bush won't be able to steal Al Gores presidentcy!Al Gore would be great as President!Because he will straighten some of these thing out!I hope we as Americans can voice are opinions more often & hopfuly someone will hear us!!!

joy

January 12, 2008 9:41 AM

ppl with doubts abt specs can go visit the official site.

Those who want it in USA kindly post ur feedback for TaTa's to take note.

akber

January 12, 2008 11:32 AM

Dear Sir,

I would like to know more about nano car, will you plz send me more pics.

HERMAN RIVERA

January 12, 2008 2:03 PM

THIS her little car sounds great put only 3 wheels on it and bring it here into usa register it as a motorcycle,you can even down size it.indis has been selling there motorcycle here for a long time they are called INDIAN ENFIELD BULLET 500CC AND 350 CC.this can be done .
lots of luck
Herman Rivera

joey

January 12, 2008 7:49 PM

Don't look safe.... I'll stick with my Ford Excursion and F350

David McB

January 12, 2008 10:08 PM

Replace the SUV's with Tata's saves:
1. Fuel
2. Lives from large SUV/small car wrecks
3. Parking spaces in cities

lita

January 13, 2008 5:32 AM

Will the Tato Nano be sold in Indonesia? Please, bring it to Indonesia.. What's the others colour?? Because I love pink so much..

maddie H

January 13, 2008 8:53 AM

I am iterested buying the 25oo.oo nato tato car ... Can I get one !!!

Patricia

January 13, 2008 4:49 PM

I think this is a GREAT IDEA!! I want one or maybe 2. When will we be able to buy one of these in like the State of Missouri or even in the States?

Jim S

January 13, 2008 6:15 PM

I have read a lot of the buzz about the Tata Nano, its $2500 dollar price, and the around 54 MPG (I am betting that’s best case). What makes me smile, is it seems they have re-invented the 35 year old car I own. It gets 55 MPG on the road and 35 MPG around town. If it had todays technology, I’m sure it would do even better. On sale, the car was offered for $1450 brand new, plus tax, license, and dealer prep. I am talking about the 1972 Honda Coupe. Here are a couple of sites that give the low down. http://www.honda600coupe.com/Auto_Car_August_1972.pdf

Martina

January 14, 2008 3:17 AM

great, it is interesting. Thanks Ratan Tata.

But how to book and buy this car ?

I am in Indonesia.

Martina

January 14, 2008 3:18 AM

great, it is interesting. Thanks Ratan Tata.

But how to book and buy this car ?

I am in Indonesia.

cheryl

January 14, 2008 4:36 AM

Joey, with your f350 and ford excursion you are the problem not part of the solution. Wait until gas goes up another dollar or two, You'll be sitting in the f350 wishing you could afford to go somewhere.

Are you complainng about the cost of gas now? I bet you are. evolve.

Old Hot Rodder

January 14, 2008 7:02 AM

First off, I love my 1965 Chevelle, Malibu, with it's 350 V8 engine and 2 speed powerglide transmission. It does, what it was designed to do, in 1965, quite well. Today, it does what I want it to do, quite well. I love jacked up 4wd trucks, down in the weeds rods, and my kids turbocharged, dual overhead cammed, 4 cylinders. However, times do change, and, the only constant, is change. The Nano is a car, that does, what it is designed to do. It is basic transportation, for the masses, that delivers good fuel efficiency, low emissions, and safety, in its operational environment, just like the first "Peoples Car", the Volkswagen (law suit?) Beetle. Any automobile has design criteria. So maybe, the car will cost more here, in the US, because of higher emission, safety, or fuel standards. You can blame US special interest groups, government, lobbyists and manufacturers for that, not the idea of the car. It is an automobile that is right for today’s world, and the sooner that the US figures that out, the better off they'll be. Low energy usage, of any sort, is capable, with all motive technologies. The biggest hurdle this car faces is safety. And as I said earlier, this is a result of the operational environment. I would be very interested to know, how many empty tractor/trailers pass me. Or, how many of those loads they do carry, could be placed on so called, "light" trucks. Cell phones? If they result in reaction times, that are equal to someone under the influence, lose them. The responsibility, that the American driver shows, during the operation of a vehicle, is less than ideal. The US has created its own transportation nightmare, as a result of some of the above examples. Smaller vehicles, of any sort, are one very important step, in energy reduction. As any automotive enthusiast knows, a lighter weight vehicle will be quicker to move, use less energy doing so, and have less inertia to overcome when stopping, thus helping to make a safer vehicle. Me, at this point in my life, would like to leave a little cleaner world to my kids.
And, If it comes to breathing, or the Chevelle, It's outta here!

Jannie Ruppersberg

January 14, 2008 9:26 AM

The Nano WILL NOT be available in South Africa for the next 2 to 4 years...

If it does come to our shores it might have a bigger motor and WILL cost a lot more due to import duties and transportation costs.

Sales Executive
Tata Motors

parmod jain

January 14, 2008 11:03 AM

I am in India . It's wonderfull to own a so cute car . I want to purchase it at the earliest. plz do guide the process of booking & getting this so small & cute CAR---NANO

gIJO

January 14, 2008 12:17 PM

India has the brains and guts to do things can change the way people will worldwide. Tata Nano is the tip of the iceberg, India is going to be the epicentre of Innovation, academics and free thinking. Wait for more technology products from us very soon. I am sure, If you like it or not, we are going to change the way you do business.

Regards

GIJO

satish krishnan

January 14, 2008 1:22 PM

Why not just roller skates?

Bernie Todd

January 14, 2008 5:26 PM

I live in Indiana U.S.A. and would like to know when the car will be available here and how much it will cost. Looks good

Morgaine

January 14, 2008 8:46 PM

"your typical low american IQ. on a happy note why dont you roll over and die and leave the world a better place"

Sam, was that really necessary?

RAJ

January 15, 2008 11:34 PM

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE MAKE SOME TATA NANO'S AND SEND THEM TO THE US AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!!!!

Shibly Anees

January 16, 2008 9:59 AM

I think this car is very very suitable for Sri Lanka. Because normal people It's mean not a big shot, they can also by a car. specially these day's i also finding a car to by. So my request is Please send this car to Sri Lanka As soon as posible. Good luck.

natalie

January 17, 2008 2:35 PM

i hope that south africa will be getting this car. At the moment car prices are ridiculous in south africa it will give the motor industry a run for its money.

SUSHANT KU NAYAK

January 18, 2008 12:27 PM

let the "gladiator" to come,all the bloody mouth will shut up.

Don't talk about the market,TaTa already in it for last couple of year's.Now only it's going to dominate it.
Difficulties are friends.
Strugles are patients.
Clallenges are dreams.
R.tata and their engineer's accepted this chllanges as a dream for india, which will come true on april.
THANKING U (SUSHANT FROM ICFAI NATIONAL COLLEGE CUTTACK)

Sushant Sood

January 18, 2008 1:44 PM

Can anyone tell me the weight of Tata Nano?

Debi

January 18, 2008 8:34 PM

It's great that lots of Indian can afford for a car for weekend fun but I am really interesred to know how safe it will be in the USA where the speed of the car on the road 70/75 mph (excluding speeding) having a small size car like TATA NANO.

Justin

January 18, 2008 10:38 PM

How can I buy one ???
I thinkthis a great way to save money and GAS

maheswara reddy

January 19, 2008 11:17 AM

it's a wonderful car.it willbe so good if it is a 5 seater& having A/C.

Andrew Kelsey

January 19, 2008 12:22 PM

If the car can be made to pass European crash tests I think it would find a ready market in Spain and in the UK. If it can be made all-electric at a sensible price it could be the best competitor yet for the Mitsubishi MiEV which is expected in Europe around 2010. I'd love to see the Nano selling for say £5,000 as an EV. It would dominate the market for small city cars in Europe.

marlene

January 20, 2008 3:29 AM

WHO WOULD I CONTACT TO PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE AM IN THE US AND READY TO PURCHASE AS SOON AS AVAILABLE FOR OPEN MARKET. THIS IND OF RSPONSIBLE MANUFACTURING IS FR OVERDUE AND AM PROUD TO SEE YOU ARE MOVING FORWARD IN THIS RESPNSIBL THINKING. I HAVE LOOKED ATMANY GREEN CARS AD CAN TELL YOUYOU AVE THEM BEAT. VRY SERIOS ABOUT PUHASE!

schevonta kinslow

January 20, 2008 4:27 AM

I live in the united states and would like to know when the tata nano will be avalible to buy here in the usa. Who do I contact to purchase this car . I would like to hear from someone on when and where the car will be availble to buy. thank you schevonta kinslow

Raj patel

January 20, 2008 7:15 PM

Congratulations to Indian people to get this cheap ,nice car. I am very thankful to Ratan Tata who has considered indian people's feelings........
I m asking to Mr Tata tht pls launch this car in USA so we can maintain our Indianity here by usimg this car, as we r maintaing our culture.I like this car cause every middle person can afford it.
Really u r great Tata company...

suganya

January 21, 2008 9:45 AM

car is amazing . i want to buy it immediatly .seems 2 reach chennai only by june but i want it by this month how do i get it? anyways? possible? plssssssssssssssss let me know quickly

salman ali

January 21, 2008 1:52 PM

how can i book nano??????????????????plzzzzzzzzzzz any contact no. send as soon as possible.so i can book nano...........

Colin L Beadon

January 22, 2008 4:58 PM

I have driven small cars of 800 and 1000cc for the last sixteen years, which you might think strange for an oil drilling man. Give me a small car anytime, which I can park easily and won't have to fill daily. I'll admit small cars do not do well unless you have good roads, but other than that, you can't beat the automatics, even at a traffic light. I would not think twice about buying a Nano, provided it is automatic.

Rhonda

January 27, 2008 7:49 PM

How do we take stock in this company!
Affordable, you can get a new one like a TV in a year or two.
Dont u think Ford should be looking into something like this?
High milage, low cost.
Psstt ford r ya listening?

saravanan jayaram

January 29, 2008 6:59 AM

it's really amazing one that people in India, especially middle class society can true with their dreams.

Agada Maureen

January 29, 2008 11:13 AM

Where can I book for it in Nigeria?

Santosh Lute

February 1, 2008 8:29 AM

I will be glad if you could provide A/c, really its wonderful car
thanks Ratan Tata and Congrates Indian people

mark

February 3, 2008 2:35 PM

I'm mark from Ghana and i wish to buy one for myself.How can i get one Nano Car? Please.

Daniela Pacheco

February 3, 2008 6:46 PM

where can I find and buy the Tata Nano in Virginia 22030.

Babaloee

February 3, 2008 10:49 PM

This is a great car for inner city driving/parking, I guess it might be a while before it gets to the US

Babaloee

February 3, 2008 10:50 PM

buck lavender

February 6, 2008 2:30 AM

how do i buy this car

A. VIJAYAKUMAR

February 6, 2008 5:04 PM

It is my dream car.
Is there any feasibilty for Gas
conversion?

Steve

February 7, 2008 9:30 PM

When will the UK get to buy cheap 1st time buyer cars like these for city use, especially Diesel or Electric ?.

Charles Chedderman

February 8, 2008 1:33 AM

Thank India for the car of the future! First the number zero. Now add the bio fuel coal gassification fuel option. That way you just need to add some sticks, wood chips, waste paper, leaves, dung, or any other burnable fuel to the gassifier. No need for oil which will be gone in a few years anyway.

salam abdul

February 8, 2008 10:06 PM

It s look gret and tatas gives to very good deel to indians and iwhant to bay this car or booking .

Thambiappah

February 9, 2008 10:38 AM

When your Tata Nano Car will be imported to sri lanka
How it will be the price in Sri Lanka.

Mary

February 13, 2008 6:44 AM

I like the price. How much and where can I buy one in the US?

John

February 16, 2008 6:42 AM

I will love to have one if enybody knows where I can buy one ?let me know!. P.S I love the India

razali

February 16, 2008 12:15 PM

congratulations india..its nice and cool..i love that car..cant wait to have one.
Razali Malaysia

pankaj sheth

February 19, 2008 4:44 AM

INDIA IS GRATE COUNTRE AND GRATE PEOPLE LIKE TATA .TATA MAKE GRATE CAR AND PUT INDIA ON TOP ON WORLD CAR MARKET.I AM PROUD AS A INDIAN AND CONGRATULATION TO TATA.---- JAI HIND--- VANDA MATRAM.

sekhar

March 1, 2008 5:09 PM

It is very good for Indian people,thanks to tata group for this car

naresh rathod

March 16, 2008 9:39 AM

IT IS REALLY A VERY GOOD NEWS FOR INDIAN PEOPLE. IT IS NOW EASY FOR MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE TO BUY A NEW CAR WITH CHEAPER PRICE.SO I AM REALLY PROUD OF TATA GROUP FOR THE WONDERFUL GIFT TO COMMON MAN.LONG LIVE TATA GROUP. JAI HIND

Reba Peifer

March 18, 2008 7:54 PM

When will the Tata Nano be available in the U.S.? Will the price be more than $2,500 or will it be jacked up a lot higher for taxes and shipping to get it over here? I am very interested in owning one!

Blanca Olea

March 19, 2008 5:44 PM

Hi

I am very interesting in the Tata Car look very cutie and good in gas Please sent more details about it the car. When will be available in United States.

Sincerly:

Blanca Olea

danette ohlson-huttunen

March 21, 2008 1:57 AM

PLEASE hurry and make these available in the US as soon as possible. I would like one of the so cool green apple luxury models some time befor I die.I think this will put the hurt on oil companies but they I am sure oppose this till there last breath. Plese let me be your american guinnea pig. Sell me one of these cool cars.

Paul

March 25, 2008 11:59 PM

First of all, Apple cannot claim exclusive rights to "Nano" Ever here of a Nano Tube"? We could have cheap fuel efficient cars in the US if we give up the luxury of speed. When my mother was a little girl, her family would pack the wagon, hitch up two mules and make a journey of 6o miles in two days. Now we fuss and grumble if we have to slow down to 50 mph for a few miles in a traffic jam!

Tia

March 28, 2008 9:02 PM

Would/can people in USA be able to purchase Nano cars from India?

bubs

March 31, 2008 9:00 PM

by the way i do have a 4x4 tata telcoline crew cable but franckly speeking here in mauritius its working with automatic hub loch 2.0 turbo charged i. engine it not enough n in my 4x4 , as am a mechanic i have planted a 3l toyota turbo charged engine with a gear box containing double handle for transmission n tranfer both . it is economic , easy to drive, quick started n realy smooth compired to the 2.0 so concerning nano i just have to see where will it lead.

charmaine

April 9, 2008 12:53 PM

i simply love it, when is it coming to south africa. this is a spaf student vehicle.

Vannia

April 12, 2008 3:35 PM

Please, could you let me know when this car is going to be available in U.S.?? And how or where could we buy stocks?
I think is a very nice product and with the economy like it is, is going to rock!!!

Tju

April 13, 2008 3:31 AM

Yes... terribly sorry to rain on your parade rizwan but India has been producing its own cars for quite some time now. also about this reva business, the vehicle is quite pathetic. it looks like a clown car. and i wouldnt want to drive one of those. the nano looks very modern whilst the reva looks like a vehicle slapper together at the last second. I respect Mr. Ratan Tata as well as his vision to see a more modern, clean, and green India. Hats off to him!
~Proud Indian, Tju

zenio

April 15, 2008 3:45 PM

why is the tata nano so cheap?

Rajesh

April 17, 2008 4:04 AM

Dream come true ratan tata made nano car its not a car only it will give give more employment , to unemployee people and give new strulling power to purchae nano car it will devlope conficence to

Anshul Mathur

April 17, 2008 5:43 AM

I am a student of MBA at Jodhpur in Marwar Institution of Management. I have a survey topic which is related to the Nano. The topic is "Can Tata Nano Replace the Bikes for Middle Class". Please give me some valuable suggestion about that.

The Tata Nano is simply superb

Steve

April 26, 2008 4:33 PM

The US emissions standards is a joke. A car with a smaller engine is going to emit less fumes that a large SUV produces.

If they sold it in the US, I would buy one.

sarah lathem

May 1, 2008 1:36 AM

where and when can I buy one of these cars. the price of gas is killing my budget.

TERRY

May 1, 2008 7:25 PM

WHERE CAN I ORDER IT,I NEED ONE OF THESE CARS ASAP.PLEASE SOMEBODY EMAIL ME AND TELL ME WHERE TO ORDER IT.

Cyndi Cordes

May 7, 2008 6:58 PM

WHERE AND WHEN CAN I ORDER THIS CAR? WHAT COLORS ARE AVAILABLE? WHAT WOULD I EXSPECT TO PAY FOR THIS CAR UPON DELIVERY?

HEHE

May 14, 2008 3:49 PM

HAHAA i can wait to squash you in my SUV or light truck or my 1994 Civic

joe

May 15, 2008 10:01 PM

nice car!!!

Ross

May 22, 2008 3:59 AM

Where can i get a Nano?

Dooley

May 23, 2008 3:23 PM

I cant wait to meet one of these... like kicking a little football. muahhahhahhahah.

Lea

May 27, 2008 6:22 AM

Where can you buy this car in the US?

Frank

May 27, 2008 5:12 PM

The Tata is cool. But i think it should get 150 MPG the Prius gets 60 and its not this small.

at 33BHP at least 100MPG would be a good trade off for a rolling coffin.

AJK

May 29, 2008 12:56 PM

wait guys with 3000$ to get a car... sounds good... but will this ?

ajk

May 29, 2008 1:03 PM

lets check it out ... $2500 hmmm cool

Samith

June 2, 2008 4:23 PM

Welllllllllll

JoeT

June 7, 2008 7:28 PM

Please sell them in the US so I can buy 2. I want to get my hands on a nice pair of Tata's!

Carmella Akers

June 29, 2008 6:21 AM

Will the Nano come in automatic transmission?

JeffB

July 3, 2008 4:54 PM

Will these Tata's come with a Class IV towing package so I can tow my Bass Boat to the lake?

sheepeople

July 6, 2008 9:41 AM

This is a goofy looking car. But $2,500 is cheap like a used car in the states. But it doesn't release us from being dependent on fuel. We made a 'smart car' it's even goofier looking than the tata nano and it's a smaller two seater for $16,000. Highly over priced golf cart. Lets just bring back the ugo for that matter, another goofy looking car that tanked.
But the nano is better priced for what it is as long as it can run on our high ways with out blocking traffic. Bring it on for our broke teens.lol

Akshay Sharma

July 7, 2008 8:28 PM

IS THERE ? BATTERY OR AIR OR WATER AS FUEL OPTION IN NANO ?

shafeekh abu dhabi

July 10, 2008 9:38 AM

Every body will have car after one year because the rate is cheap & look very nice

Jaysen

July 23, 2008 7:51 AM

It would be very nice to built the Nano as an electric car. But what about its price and speed....

Michelle

August 4, 2008 4:54 AM

I would love to have one. They are cute, affordable and great gas mileage. I am in the US. Single mom with 3 kids, with the price of gas - I am working to go back and forth to work. My only concern is if is can go fast enough for safe interstate travel. If not, I would stick to the highways/streets.

Cynthia

August 9, 2008 11:50 PM

Please email me and let me know how to
purchase the Tata Nano. I will travel to India if I have to.. The way the gas is now it is worth it the travel. Who cares if it is a Ugly car as long as it can run on US soil..

states

August 14, 2008 5:40 PM

Who do we contact about possibly ordering one!!!!!!

Justme

August 17, 2008 3:27 AM

For all my egomaniac fellow Americans. Please don't make judgments without knowing the facts...as usual. So get the real info from an American that has tried this thing.

The car is not a cheap, unsafe piece of junk. Many haters want you to believe this but they have their motives. The fact is that the price is due to low wages in India and has NOTHING to do with cutting corners. It's quality is nearly as good as any economy class car made in the U.S. I found nothing about this car that made me believe it was poorly made.

As far as safety. It doesn't have air bags, but either do many classic gas guzzlers that many of us Americans proudly own.

If you got hit, you are just as likely to get crushed as you would with your small U.S. made compact.

It's small but as roomy as any common car sold in the U.S. The interior is designed to make full use of space. It doesn't waste space on plastic contour pieces.

The interior is well....boring and void of features but it's to be expected for the price.

The car has a slow take off which is worse when you pack a lot of weight in it. If you drive alone, then the take off is comparable to any new 4 cyl. With passengers the take off is more like a five year old 4 cyl. Really though, are you going to drag race as the stop light? Stupid and childish.

The rear wheel drive can cause a bit of sliding on a really wet road. Your weight is the only thing really keeping the front tires on the ground.

As far as the mechanics. Well, there isn't much to it. The engine compartment isn't your standard U.S. compact mess of wires and electronics. You look at it and think "there's got to be something missing". Honestly I think US and Japan makers are adding a lot of crap in cars to jack up the repair costs.

So, take it or leave it. If you've never driven one then you are talking out of your butt.

This car is perfect for someone that only drives a few miles to work each day. I wouldn't use it for long road trips though.

It's $2500 dollars guys! We pay more than that in a year for our car payments!!!! Even if this thing last 2 years...we'd still be making out.

Ed. A.

August 20, 2008 2:53 AM

With gas price going up at the present time $3.66 per gl. things aren't getting any cheaper. Driving to work 45 miles one way every day to and from work puts a big dent in one's pocket.

$2500.00 dollars for a car can go a long way. I am very much interested in finding out who i would need to talk to to be able to purchase a Tata Nano vehicle for my own personal use.

Anyone with info. whom to call and where in San Antonio area or USA to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

steveb affannato

September 6, 2008 1:10 AM

were in the usa can i buy it

PRINCE TYAGI

September 15, 2008 9:00 AM

WHEN IS COMING NANO IN MARKET (DLEHI) PLEASE TELL ME, I WANA PURCHASE THIS.
9968489213

Abdus Emad

September 18, 2008 8:36 PM

WHEN IS COMING TATA NANO CAR IN MARKET PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I WANT TO PURCHASE 4 OF THIS IN BANGLADESH. MY PHONE NUMBER 1-718-792-2135 (USA) OR 880-037990-88092 (BANGLADESH)
e-mail address is- maes_222@hotmail.com

nayana kumari

October 2, 2008 7:03 AM

I am from srilanka.can i buy neno car?

Delwadiya hiteshbhai

October 13, 2008 6:29 AM

very very good project well come in gandhi gujarat.

jonna

October 24, 2008 6:51 AM

Thanks for the providing good information.I will also suggest to consider buying an auto insurance for your car as it has become inevitable to buy auto insurance these days. I found a good place that helped me find an incredible rate http://www.carinsuranceassistant.com/index.php?id=New+Car

they give you the best rates from lots of local providers

Markandu surendran

October 29, 2008 5:26 AM

I am from Vavuniya in srilanka.
Can i buy neno car?
WHEN IS COMING NANO IN MARKET (srilanka) PLEASE.

Markandu surendran

October 29, 2008 5:28 AM

I am from Vavuniya in srilanka.
Can i buy neno car?
WHEN IS COMING NANO IN MARKET (srilanka) PLEASE.

Nelly

November 18, 2008 12:54 PM

When will it be sold in South Africa & how much will it cost?

Fairy

November 26, 2008 2:29 PM

Thanks for the providing good information - this is really helpful for car accident insurance.I found another good one that helped me find an incredible rate they give you the best rates from lots of local providers Car Accident Insurance

Ronnie

November 30, 2008 5:16 AM

I AM A BUSSINESS MAN & I AM A HANDICAPT ALSO FROM KOLKATA. I THINK IT'S THE BEST CAR TO DRIVE MY SELF. I WANT TO PURCHASE A TATA NANO AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (AUTOMATIC VERSION). PLEASE INFORM ME THAT WHO IS THE CONCERN PERSON TO HELP ME TO PURCHASE THIS CAR IN KOLKATA???

Theepan

December 22, 2008 8:55 AM

when i can buy tata nano in sri lanka?

RAJ KUMAR ANAND

December 24, 2008 10:14 AM

it is dreamest for those who drive two whealer on road with family 3 or 4 persons on scooter. like as me

but when this dreame come true for my family?
09463185696

kaushik zalariya

January 3, 2009 4:02 AM

i want neno car buy this year so pleeeeee tell me

agala oluchi c

January 12, 2009 3:23 PM

I like tata nano. I want to buy tata nano. I want to know how possible it can be for me to get the car. I leave in Nigeria. Can I get delivery of the car in Nigeria if I make the payment. Please reply so that I can know want to. If it is possible, tell me how to pay. I will be grateful

agala oluchi

January 12, 2009 3:44 PM

if possible, tata should bring in tata nano into Nigeria because Nigerians want the car but because it is not available,they can`t buy.
In my office, we are five that need the car.
please tell us how we can get it.
I believe that by the time we start using the car in Nigeria, more people will ask us how we got it and will want to pay for it.
More sales for the company.
Jow about that.

Dany

January 13, 2009 6:08 PM

Ill buy one just for fun @ $3000Au or so

Gogi Juice

February 1, 2009 12:00 PM

HI...I'm also interested to take this car...but it is too delicate I think...but it is too cheap for middle class people.

David Miller

February 11, 2009 11:36 PM

Watch "Driving in India", a 39-minute film that shows how a country of more than one billion people has adapted to dangerous driving conditions and mass chaos. www.drivingindia.com - By Rahul Saggar - www.rahulsaggar.com. After seeing the trailers ask yourself, does India need more cars? Over 40,000 people die annually in the U.S. in vehicular accidents, and we have the most advanced and developed transportation network in the world. India needs regulation, planning, and clean energy investment, not 1 million people a year buying a Tata Nano.

ggolf

February 18, 2009 4:09 AM

I live in the Philippines, how can I order 1 Tata nano? And bring it here.

Mike

February 27, 2009 10:10 PM

I really don't understand why the US will not allow the Tata Nano to be imported to the USA. It would be great to be able to go out and buy a small, economical, inexpencive, new car for the price that is offered. It amy even expand Tata's car industry to other countries and would also be good for the air pollution problems. It would help a great deal with people that can't afford a new car to get a new car.

A Mom

February 27, 2009 10:16 PM

Hey, I have one of those gas-guzzling SUV's, a mobile phone and ocassionally swat my kids in the backseat 'for whomever wrote that article' and it just kills me everytime I take that big Durango to the gas station. I would HAPPILY drive a NANO! Put air bags n bumpers on the thing and I will GLADLY DRIVE it! I also have a BMW 740i series. So I say, BRING IT ON to the USA. I will park the others HAPPILY and drive a NANO! I'D LOVE TO SAVE MONEY!!!!

MadcapMagician

March 1, 2009 3:15 AM

i can get more mileage and faster and farther on my bicycle, my Toyota 1 ton truck would drive over that thing without thinking twice, or feeling any bumps =/

this eco-fascist crap makes me wanna puke

Rachael

March 2, 2009 3:49 AM

Forget it folks! The Compressed air car was suppose to be here six years ago! India is buying more of them then they are making of these! U.S won't allow it! Big Oil has always run the US and will always continue to run it! Even as it runs the Big Three Automakers into the ground for being so loyal to Big Oil! Even Obama hasn't gone after them when everybody but Big Oil is losing money! Even when the Government has to bail everybody but Big Oil out! You could build the cheapest most greenest car and they won't let you sell it! Forget it folks! You should know better by now!

arun

March 7, 2009 2:49 PM

3 m

mari

March 8, 2009 1:11 AM

I WANT ONE AND I WILL GO ANYWHERE IN THE USA TO GET IT. LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE.

SLM.MUBEEN

March 12, 2009 12:24 PM

please sent car photo

Mohan Kalarikkal

March 12, 2009 1:31 PM

Awesome look !!! sleek and splendid !!! I would love to have one, please advise as to how to go about it?

Neetish Kumar Ramchurn

March 15, 2009 7:44 PM

By the way, it's very nice to see Tata company achieving greater heights. I am a mauritian and have a car rental agency and want to purchase 2-3 units of Tata Nano cars directly from Tata industry without passing through our local dealer as we want to be the first agency in Mauritius having purchased Tata Nano cars. So, let us know what are the procedures for same.

Thanks.

Angela Puthoff

March 23, 2009 6:30 AM

I want one. How much amicacain dollare
thanks angeala
817-420-0507

jackbegood

March 23, 2009 6:01 PM

Newbie

March 23, 2009 6:12 PM

In India, the car cost 2000 US dollars. They have the exact same car in the United States (with no air conditioning for 11,000 US dollars. And that is just because they ARE Americans and probably can afford it, so they need to pay more. I goes by a different company name but it's the same car. Check it out yourself. In the US, it is called the Smart Car, made by the SAME people.

halie

March 23, 2009 9:33 PM

i want one of these things!!!!!!!!!!!

heather gehr

March 23, 2009 9:49 PM

when and how do i get or order one of these cars here in calif.

mariz

March 23, 2009 11:43 PM

When will it be available in the Philippines?

Merri

March 24, 2009 12:35 AM

Long ago, I had a great little "Honda Car" (Honda 650LS). It was tiny! It got about 50 to 60 miles per gallon. It was fun! It was so light that me and three of my friends (all girls) were able to pick it up (with lots of effort) and "bounce" it into an impossible parking spot. This was back in the 70's...in the United States. I still miss that car. I wish I had never sold it. Looks like the Nano is the same kind of car.

While it's true that it's not some ginormous SUV, this car would be safe enough to drive...if Americans would get over their obsession with speed and size...not to mention learning how to drive courteously (instead of like selfish 4 year olds having a tantrum).

So, I say, bring it on! Time for the world (and especially the United States) to embrace tiny cars (if we want to keep on driving, without driving ourselves to extinction, that is).

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

March 24, 2009 2:52 AM

OK.. My big most important question about this very LITTLE car. How does it do on car crash test??? I think your chance of survival is very low. You will be a smashed little piece of nothing in a sardine can. I had a Dodge Grand Caravan,and someone t-boned it after going through a red light sending it on it's side crushing my hand, Just think of this car it a car (maybe even largere than the one that hit me) what would your chances of making it out alive? Screw the gas,and cuteness.It's Russan Roulette..It's death waiting to happen. I guess people like living on the edge.

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

March 24, 2009 2:56 AM

Aravind A. Mulagund

March 24, 2009 6:46 AM

I am interested nano car. how I purchase the nano car & wich date to the car has avalaible in market

sad isn't it

March 24, 2009 6:53 AM

I'll take one in new jersey 08060. today. its sad that you need to buy a cheap car so your elected officials drive state provided vehicles, heck even the maintenance people are provided F-250 4x4s to drive to mcdonalds for lunch while we have to brown bag it and look for a cheap way to get to work, if you can find it..

yogesh

March 24, 2009 1:29 PM

Nano will be avaliable in US in 2012.
And price will be arround $4000 to $5000 with all safety major and regulation.Europe version of Nanao has been already demonstrated in Geneva Motor Show. All european standard has been compiled by that version.Named NANO EUROPA. log on www.tatanano.com

shahid attallah abbasi

March 24, 2009 6:25 PM

very butiful look plz book my car nano plz iam pakistani shahid hussain abbasi my mobail no 03337599099...03133140976..

Paul

March 24, 2009 8:42 PM

I will keep fixing up my Big and large SUV if all of the cars to this size. What no body has said yet is .Does this car have air bags????? No! Anti-Lock Brakes? No! What is the crash rating of this car? No one knows. 33BHP can the car hit 60 mph? I will keep my big SUV over this car. Why should every one be forced to drive the same little cars like this because you like it?

big ray

March 25, 2009 12:08 AM

This toy car is a death trap on wheels. don't get me wromg im all for better eco-friendly cars but this ride will be a disaster. max speed 43mpg, or 70kmh.So much for hwy driving. the car is not even welded together, it's plasic and adhesives for the weldding. (Frame) and body are made of plastic and sheet metal. And lets not forget the xtras- no ac,no power steering,1 wipper( great for ohioins in winter time) and NO AIR BAGS. The way they put this togather no way man. I'll keep wating.

john

March 25, 2009 12:49 AM

when will it available in the states and at what dealships ? please reply asap
thanks ...john w.

parmanand gupta

March 25, 2009 12:42 PM

this is a best experiment by tata group , in this car great effort done by ratan tata . this car for a middle sized fafily who earning 1-2 lakhs per annum . this is not a simple car , it is a dream car of a people who was seen a dream for car in his life .

AusInd

March 25, 2009 1:51 PM

Paul:
Checkut the nano europa model online...
Its got all and more..
And its because of peple like yourself that we are on the verge of extinction..
i just pray you extinct first. since your deserve it

Tammy

March 26, 2009 12:08 AM

Great little car with class and efficient too. I just think it is a wonderful car. I would just be honored to own one of these cars. I just hope I can get one of these little cars soon. Finally someone with a great idea . Some of us can't afford a suv and a hummer . some of us need just this a Nano...Great Price.... Great Idea Mr. Nano Guy.......

Sebastian

March 26, 2009 4:31 AM

In answer to Kathy' comments on it is death waiting to happen.

Please convey to her that we felt the same when first car came into being but now people can not live without a car.

May God give Kathy a happy and healthy life.

yes Nano will be complete failure in 44 degree Celsius temperature on a traffic signal, people may die of heat that is one possibility. deaths by accident on Indian roads driving at 15 miles is as rare as at sea

A friend always

sebastian

usama siyath

March 26, 2009 5:37 AM

If human wish they can carryout evry thing! it is proofed by TATA nano. we thank TATA for thinking for all

usama siyath

March 26, 2009 5:37 AM

sudarshana elpitiya

March 26, 2009 12:54 PM

i am from srilanka.can i buy neno car?

Craig

March 26, 2009 4:21 PM

uhm really this is a great car for india seriously but look at it from an americans eyes. 634 cc motor my sons atv has a bigger motor and with people driving so fast on highways uhm the idea of a Nano (trademark infringed and all) would be just plain silly. But no knock on Mr. Tata it's a great idea for an Indian based economy and daily drivers. 2.5k for a car any car is a great idea. If they do decide to ever sell them in the US which I don't because uhm just no, I'd buy a few but just to drive to the store and back or something i'd never take that thing on any US highway thats for sure. I'm also thinking saftey wasn't a big decision with this car.

Humble Indian in USA

March 27, 2009 7:52 PM

Craig,
You should try to understand the other part of the world. You can easily see 3 to 4 people in a single family riding in one bike together to school, office etc. I'm not talking about the bike ride because of the nice weather. But the day to day necessity to go to work and school including kids and adults. This Nano car is like a helmet to all such families. It is much more secured that going in a open bike with out helmet. -- This is my humble opinion who have been living in US for the past 10 years......

jim cowan

March 29, 2009 6:01 PM

can i buy this car in the usa now, at what cost an where can i buy it at

Jonida

March 31, 2009 8:51 PM

I'm from Albania, I live in USA at the moment, and we are in financial position of have a dealership with this brand, TATA Nano in Albania. I would like to get a contact info to further discuss this matter. Please help us to make a dream come true for middle class here in Albania
Please e-mail this info at theclassicstyle@yahoo.com
Or call me 305- 831-2499 (USA)

MR. PARESH DIXIT (AJIT PARK - MALAD)

April 1, 2009 3:02 PM

WE REALLY HANDSOFF TO THE GREAT IMAGINATION OF MR.RATAN TATA'S IN BRINGING DREAM CAR FOR EVERY MIDDLE CLASS INDIAN CITIZEN LEADS TO SANJAY GANDHI'S MARUTI CAR !

joe joseph

April 2, 2009 12:12 AM

2009 october can i get this car?realy verynice car.

susheel salunke

April 7, 2009 1:17 PM

TRUELY THIS CAR IS PEOPLES CAR.I CONGRAGULATE Mr.RATAN TATA.

ravikumar

April 7, 2009 5:57 PM

i like the car

Mehboob khot

April 9, 2009 5:36 PM

Mehboob khot
09 April 2009
Hi, Naino is the very best & ceapest car for us @ this movment of globle crises

Vinisha

April 10, 2009 6:53 AM

So cute car,can i know hw much will it be in srilanka?????????And when it will available in Sri lanka???

chandran

April 13, 2009 5:52 AM

i hope it good car for second car user.
how to book this car and u have any showroom in malaysia. tq

chandran

April 13, 2009 5:57 AM

i hope it good car for second car user.
how to book this car and u have any showroom in malaysia. tq

Greg

April 13, 2009 11:20 PM

Imagin if GM learns how to think Nano!
Wow...more likely Ford...after all Henry was the one who intoduced mass production and wanted to make it psbl for the poor to go wheelies...If Ford produced a Nano for 3,000 and sold it for 4,000...they would have the cheapest car selling for the most profit. If Congress took off the taxes...people would switch like crazyyy.

Thilini

April 22, 2009 9:34 AM

i want this nano car immediatly.pls send me the details

Thilini

April 22, 2009 9:36 AM

can i buy this car in the sri lanka now, at what cost an where can i buy it at

Alexis

April 24, 2009 8:03 PM

This car looks great!! and the price is
fabulous!! I want one-give me all the info!
I agree that people need to quit buying these giant SUVs-they are only compensating for their small......
and they need to quit spitting out all the kids!! The world is already over-populated!!

Mircea

April 26, 2009 1:40 PM

This will totally ruin the car market in 2 years or so...Visit tatanano.org to find out more

sumudu

May 9, 2009 3:44 PM

i want this CAR ..immediatly

adrian

May 11, 2009 5:34 PM

i wont to know how much this car in sri lanka

ramchandre

May 25, 2009 10:37 AM

WOW, WHEN IT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN MAURITIUS? I WANT TO ACQUIRE THE LUXURY VERSION......

Paul

May 26, 2009 11:26 PM

I want one, please put in on the waiting list.Here are my info: Paul N. Hardman, DOB 1-29-53, SSN: 559-98-5086, WA DL: HARDMPN474B9

okwi

May 30, 2009 2:35 PM

i want to buy the nano car in nigeria my country, how do i goa about it

Chanuka Nanayakkara

June 2, 2009 6:03 AM

I'm in Sri Lanka. I want to buy acar. How to buy it?.

sokol jahiu

June 12, 2009 5:26 PM

hello there,can you talme the way how I can by a tata car from your company please,best reagards. And I'm from KOSOVO thet is a reasen I asked you thenks.

haseer

June 13, 2009 11:24 AM

hiiii, i would like to know, how to buy nano in srilanka? plz let me know all the detailes. bcz i need asap,.

Sela

July 4, 2009 4:10 AM

the Nano is so cute...huggable! If it's safer than a bike, and shields people from the rain and the sun then I'm all for it.

Congratulations Tata!

Maya

July 9, 2009 7:06 PM

This sounds good. Mobility for everyone, that would advance employment levels, and would contribute to economic advancement. But, with all those buses and trucks on the highways speeding up, and accident rates surprisingly high, how can you feel safe inside this nano? May be we should build more speed bumps, higher rule of law on the roads with more policemen? Something needs to be done here.

jeremy

July 14, 2009 12:11 AM

i have money . if you read this please send me details

abhijith

July 19, 2009 4:17 AM

Hearty congratulations to u Mr.RATAN TATA , you have made indians very proud and i bow my head to your feet . "JAI HO NANO" "JAI HO TATA"

EDWIN'S

August 20, 2009 10:16 AM

I need the TATA Nano car, and want to book for some.How do i go about it.ASAP.
TATA: "YOU TOO MUCH FOR LIFE"

ami

August 27, 2009 2:04 AM

hi, this is great! hope we had this now in the philippines, how can we avail of your new car, thanks and have a nice day!

Patrick

September 28, 2009 10:08 AM

I think this car is great it is exactly what we need in the USA and the world. The problem with America is all the things meanchend above and thin some. Gas TO HIGH, we are the largest country in the world for autos and we just keep on going. An average overseas car hits around 50,000 miles in 5 years the average American hits about 200,000 in 5 years figure that out. We need small!!! Small cars, toys, and speed limits are the things we need in this country! Adjust all these things at the same time and there would be no problem. It’s the speed and size that kill’s, not just one alone. My hate OFF to INDIA. It’s about time someone in the world steps up to the plate and knocked one over the fence. By the way I want to place my order for 5 today, 1 for every member of the family.

shoaib ahmad

October 6, 2009 4:11 AM

exelent goood very beautiful

NGOC

October 30, 2009 6:42 AM

I want to have a tata nano car, how i do?
Pls email to me: nguyenquanngoc06@yahoo.com

Jodha

December 14, 2009 8:52 PM

I drove in a Tata Nano when I visited India in Nov 2009.

I was amazed at how big the car was. We were 5 adults in it. 3 of us were close to 6 feet tall and quite big. It was a bit snug but it was surprising that the car could accommodate so many people.

The car drove well on the typical crowded Indian city road. The road noise was more noticeable than I would have liked, but you can't complain when the owner paid only $2500 for it.

And mind it, this car is being bought by regular car owners and not just two wheelers. The owner was a surgeon! He thought the car was as good or better than other cars he owned.

If Tata can deliver even average Indian car quality, this car would be the best success story ever for Indian car makers, or may be the world.

floyd

January 14, 2010 1:16 AM

I wush the Corrupt United States Goverment would allow such inovation and cars of this calliber. NOT Every one in the US Wants or needs a big suv.. I have been looking for the last couple of years for an affordable electric vehicle or highly efficent fuel... Prefered Diesel. They did have one good electric the GM EV1 in 2000 but did away with it thanks I am sure to the oil companies. Again I hope the Broke Corrupt U.S. wakes up before it goes under
Gatesville Texas USA

Faisal

January 24, 2010 9:50 PM

Im VERY HAPPY TO BUY THIS CAR AND HOW I GOING TO BOOKING. PLS SEND ME THE DETAILS TO MY E MAIL. MY LOCATION IS SRI LANKA

Elsa

February 24, 2010 8:18 PM

When is the car coming to South Africa?

Maria Trevino

April 10, 2010 6:39 PM

I live in the United States of America. How can one purchase this type of vehicle? Who do I contact?

Margo23Holland

June 10, 2010 10:07 PM

According to my own exploration, billions of persons on our planet receive the credit loans at good banks. So, there is a good chance to find a financial loan in every country.