Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.
+1 212 318 2000
Europe, Middle East, & Africa
+44 20 7330 7500
+65 6212 1000
The most interesting them of the opening day was a series of sessions on key shifts in power that are changing our lives. People went to four sessions of power shifts in geopolitics, economics, technology/society and business.
Here are the 12 big trends:
1) Shift of power to China and India
2) Rise of anxiety over inequality and job security in the US and Europe
3) Growth in capital flows to private capital (hedge funds and private equity firms).
1) Rise of new states and the end of the unipolar world (read US hegemony)
2) Growing power of resource suppliers (oil and other commodities)
3) Rising threats from non-state actors
Technology and Society:
1)Rise of The New Individual, empowered by networks
2)Shift to collective intelligence from individual intelligence and aggregators of information
3) Rise of new power extremes in demographics (young are better connected in new ways and more powerful—as are old in old ways)
1)New corporations from China and India threaten the status quo
2)Emphasis on corporate social responsibility is shifting to sustainability
3)Customers are becoming stronger than corporations, putting strain on CEOs to reinvent their companies—and their own leadership roles.
Wow. Food for thought. Off to hear Klaus Schwab open the conference officially and Prime Minister Merkel, Germany’s first female PM, talk.
Want to stop talking about innovation and learn how to make it work for you? Bruce Nussbaum takes you deep into the latest thinking about innovation and design with daily scoops, provocative perspectives and case studies. Nussbaum is at the center of a global conversation on the growing discipline of innovation and the deepening field of design thinking. Read him to discover what social networking works—and what doesn’t. Discover where service innovation is going and how experience design is shaping up. Learn which schools are graduating the most creative talent and which consulting firms are the hottest. And get his take on what the smartest companies are doing in the U.S., Asia and Europe, far ahead of the pack.