The comments posted are really insightful. One of of my favorites is this one from Scott Weisbrod: -
“Business and design get cozier
- Blogging (55 million+ tracked by Technorati)
- Branded utility
- Widgets (though I think this may be the big story of next story)
- Democratization of analytics (e.g, Google Analytics)
- Cripsin Porter + Bogusky”
And another from Clay Parker Jones:
“Jeff Jarvis giving Dell a big, backhanded, blog-enabled slap in the face.
- Urban Spam and the advertization of (almost) every available inch.
- It was the year I started blogging. (I’m sure a LOT of people can say this one, and it’s not isolated to 2006, but it’s relevant for me)
- lonelygirl and the rise of “Oops Marketing”
- Fist-bumps and that sweet-a…agency pitch video
- Conversations like this begin:
Agency President: “Explain to me this ‘blog’ thing.”
Young AE: [pauses] “Erm…well… there’s these people, right? And they’re writing about stuff online. And it’s really easy, and search engines love it, and it’s this amazing community of really engaged folks, and it’s a lot of fun… but I never really thought about how to explain…”
Agency President: [interrupts] Get a blog up for us by Tuesday.
- Russell’s APSotW and the beginning of free, decentralized adver-education.
- One million Flickr images geotagged in the first day of its availability.”
Let’s open it up—what are your picks for the best innovations of 2006?
Oh, and the hottest ad agency for me in 2006 is clearly Modernista--those Hummer ads were incredible and the Cadillac ads are wildly unexpected. And Modernista’s design for Inside Innovation is totally outstanding.
Want to stop talking about innovation and learn how to make it work for you? Bruce Nussbaum takes you deep into the latest thinking about innovation and design with daily scoops, provocative perspectives and case studies. Nussbaum is at the center of a global conversation on the growing discipline of innovation and the deepening field of design thinking. Read him to discover what social networking works—and what doesn’t. Discover where service innovation is going and how experience design is shaping up. Learn which schools are graduating the most creative talent and which consulting firms are the hottest. And get his take on what the smartest companies are doing in the U.S., Asia and Europe, far ahead of the pack.